Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Aiyuk buy low?

On 10/14/2021 at 9:18 PM, weepaws said:

So when does one know when to inevitably start Aiyuk? 

ok the breakout has happened.

I dont know that I would start him this next week. he has a tough matchup, but after this It looks like a nice matchup.  Jaxonville if memory serves me.  (I'm too lazy to look it up so if I'm wrong so be it)

I'd probably look at starting him in that easy matchup.  but Zona was a good solid D and he performed, so if in a pinch I'd definitely consider starting him if hes on your bench.

given the short body of good work Ideally you would  wait til the following week to make sure hes fully out of said 'doghouse'

I wouldn’t say that one good game makes it a breakout, I think it means he had one good game.  

Now unto the next one   

Congrats  

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t say that one good game makes it a breakout, I think it means he had one good game.  

Now unto the next one   

Congrats  

agreed. 

but this is the second game in a row where he has gotten a decent number of targets

I would argue the biggest issue up til now is that he hasnt been getting the targets.

either way, it is prudent to wait to start him, but if you are in a bind, hes likely as good as any scrub you will find on the wire.   and if the breakout is for real hes a whole lot better than what you find on the wire.

what I wouldnt do is go benching a starter to slot him in.   I dont have that level of confidence in him (yet).

in my case, I have a couple WR's on byes in one of my leagues, so I'll probably throw him in there.    its not ideal but at least there is some upside now if hes getting the targets.

• Like 1

Problem is Deebo will probably be back to healthy this week.  Aiyuk's value is directly proportional to Deebo's health.

13 minutes ago, nobody said:

Problem is Deebo will probably be back to healthy this week.  Aiyuk's value is directly proportional to Deebo's health.

This is where I'm at.  Aiyuk had a solid game in week 3, something like 15 points, then totaled something like 9 points in the next 3 games combined.  If someone started this week, great, but if they make a habit of it or start him next week because of this week... buyer beware.

46 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

agreed. 

but this is the second game in a row where he has gotten a decent number of targets

I would argue the biggest issue up til now is that he hasnt been getting the targets.

either way, it is prudent to wait to start him, but if you are in a bind, hes likely as good as any scrub you will find on the wire.   and if the breakout is for real hes a whole lot better than what you find on the wire.

what I wouldnt do is go benching a starter to slot him in.   I dont have that level of confidence in him (yet).

in my case, I have a couple WR's on byes in one of my leagues, so I'll probably throw him in there.    its not ideal but at least there is some upside now if hes getting the targets.

Agreed.  

On 11/8/2021 at 10:30 AM, Ray_T said:

if you are in a bind, hes likely as good as any scrub you will find on the wire.

This is the reason I picked him up in one league.  Fingers crossed he keeps it up

well, in one league I have two WR's on bye and a third on IR.  It is a league where we start 3 WR.  (well 2 WR and a Wr/TE flex.... so might as well be 3 WR)

thus, I'm forced to give him a go.

I think he will be fine.  I just cannot guarantee it.

he passed the eye test the last 2 games.    the first game I thought he played well even if the stats were mediocre.

Normally I'd wait another week to start him, but given the situation I need to start him or pick a scrub from the wire.   I dont think have a better option.

I need a wr and he’s available, I’m not so sure Vs the Rams is a good matchup.  

I started him last week and again this week over Mike Williams and Corey Davis.  Aiyuk is trending up.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

no, the matchup is not ideal.  but I thought he had a tougher matchup last week too.  Arizona has had a reasonably solid D.   he had a nice game against them

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

no, the matchup is not ideal.  but I thought he had a tougher matchup last week too.  Arizona has had a reasonably solid D.   he had a nice game against them

well.... they should be playing from behind and he is the 3rd option (so might get a lb or nickel- depending on how everyone lines up). It might end up being a decent start

Darn I’m just not so sure I trust him yet.  But AB doesn’t look like he’ll be making it back this week, and I need to drop someone for a darn wr.  Mmmm. He’s still available. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Darn I’m just not so sure I trust him yet.  But AB doesn’t look like he’ll be making it back this week, and I need to drop someone for a darn wr.  Mmmm. He’s still available. 

like I said.  you dont bench a starter to insert him into the lineup.

but I figure hes no worse than someone you pickup on the wire to cover a bye.   and thats the situation where you start him.  (at least for now)

if he has another good week this week, I'd suggest hes a must start the following week.

He’s still available , darn I’m getting a headache, also I’m waiting to see of AB can play.  

hes gone in all of my leagues.    I figure if you wait til next week you wont get him.  not without blowing your FAAB budget.   especially if he has a good week.

The league he’s still available in isn’t my 14 team league, the league he’s available in doesn’t use FAAB.  

Short bench is why he’s still around. , but I have a need for a wr unless AB can return.