Mike Isles

How much interest do you have for Braves/Asstros ??

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s wrong with Walsh? 

Was making a joke since they were the ones to massively overpaid for Pujols.  That said, Walsh isn't someone I'd prioritize over Freeman.  He didn't play that much in college and it took him 5 years to get to the pros.  College players shouldn't take that long.  It took him 7 just to be a regular.  That's not normal.  He's already 27 years old and theoretically in his prime.  His best possible numbers, from a massively optimistic point of view won't even put him in the class of Freeman.  Walsh hits for power and strikes out a lot.  He hit .277 this year.  If he plays a normal season next year, he'll probably hit .250 with more strike outs and will probably be a 7-hole hitter.  He's also a terrible fielder.

That said, they can't afford Freeman, but as I said, it was a joke.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Was making a joke since they were the ones to massively overpaid for Pujols.  That said, Walsh isn't someone I'd prioritize over Freeman.  He didn't play that much in college and it took him 5 years to get to the pros.  College players shouldn't take that long.  It took him 7 just to be a regular.  That's not normal.  He's already 27 years old and theoretically in his prime.  His best possible numbers, from a massively optimistic point of view won't even put him in the class of Freeman.  Walsh hits for power and strikes out a lot.  He hit .277 this year.  If he plays a normal season next year, he'll probably hit .250 with more strike outs and will probably be a 7-hole hitter.  He's also a terrible fielder.

That said, they can't afford Freeman, but as I said, it was a joke.

Ok. He does drive in runs. I think the Angles issue is the rotation. And Trout of course. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. He does drive in runs. I think the Angles issue is the rotation. And Trout of course. 

Definitely, their pitching sucks and always has.  Trout's turning out to be very fragile.  Too fragile for his age.

The Astros, who was ninth in the majors in home runs during the regular season, only hit two in the World Series, both by Altuve...

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Definitely, their pitching sucks and always has.  Trout's turning out to be very fragile.  Too fragile for his age.

Hard to believe with all these expanded playoffs now he has yet to play in the post season 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hard to believe with all these expanded playoffs now he has yet to play in the post season 

Not when your organization sucks.  Pitching is the most important thing, they've never had any good pitching.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not when your organization sucks.  Pitching is the most important thing, they've never had any good pitching.

The Angels had some decent pitching in 2014 when they made the playoffs and Trout was 1-for-12 with a solo home run...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Trout was in the division series in 2014.  He went 1 for 12.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

:lol:

HT is such an idiot...  So clueless if they aren't wearing pinstripes...

Good series.  Fun to watch.  Fock the Astros and their cheating ways. 

Meanwhile, the Braves won it after losing their best player (arguably, top 3 in the league) for the 2nd half of the season.  I didn't follow the details of their FA signings.  How many were rent-a-players that have no chance of sticking around? 

Just now, vuduchile said:

Good series.  Fun to watch.  Fock the Astros and their cheating ways. 

Meanwhile, the Braves won it after losing their best player (arguably, top 3 in the league) for the 2nd half of the season.  I didn't follow the details of their FA signings.  How many were rent-a-players that have no chance of sticking around? 

AA traded for five players at the deadline...

Joc Pederson, Jorge Soler,  Eddie Rosario, Adam Duvall and Richard Rodriguez (but he was not on many post-season rosters)...

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Oops. My bad. Thanks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, posty said:

And yet you obsess over me everyday. Ignore button not working again I guess. Lol

If DeGrom doesn’t get hurt this never happens. Congrats to the Braves. 

1 hour ago, posty said:

AA traded for five players at the deadline...

Joc Pederson, Jorge Soler,  Eddie Rosario, Adam Duvall and Richard Rodriguez (but he was not on many post-season rosters)...

Yeah.  This happens every year, and I don't like it.  Nothing I can do about it,  but it makes it hard to root for a specific team. 

Tough to sell fans on loyalty when so many of the owners/players don't have it. 

3 hours ago, posty said:

1 title in 20+ years.  :( 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

IBT 18-1 or 27 comment...

32 minutes ago, edjr said:

It’s sad. Cashman sucks. The old man for sure would have canned him on oct 20, 2004. Probably before. His son don’t care. Still better than one in 26 years.