Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

QB1: Herbert, or Cousins?

I'm currently rolling with Herbert .. but I'm not sure.  CIncy's pass defense is #7 vs QBs, YTD.  Det is #12 .. but in reality is likely worse than that; teams get up on them and then run the ball in the 4th quarter.  Two games ago vs. DET, Cousins blew up for 406 yards and 4 TDs.  I've seen .. "reporting" this week that with D. Cook out for MIN, the team might throw more.  LAC the past two games has scored 16 and 26 vs. CIN.  So, that equates to ONE TD (and 3 FGs) and TWO TDs (and 4 FGs).  Not good, and that was with Rivers.  Oh, and Cousins has thrown for multiple TDs for 4 straight weeks.

Thoughts?

its a toss up - id be totally fine with Kirk.

Concur 

Keep an eye on the weather this weekend. Cousins is in a dome, while Herbert will be dealing with snow/rain in Cinci. Also, one of the tie-breaking rules for wildcard playoff seeds is total points. I see the Vikes running it up against my hapless Lions that are now hoping for the #1 draft pick.

Herbert for sure im starting him over kyler ....I told my wife to bench dak for cousins but she didn't listen.... but I'd take Herbert instead of cousins 

pipe: "right now" - Sunday weather: Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers in the afternoon. High 56F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Rain isn't as big a deal as accumulating snow.  Winds < 15 MPH usually not an impact, either.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, Bills04 said:

I'm currently rolling with Herbert .. but I'm not sure.  CIncy's pass defense is #7 vs QBs, YTD.  Det is #12 .. but in reality is likely worse than that; teams get up on them and then run the ball in the 4th quarter.  Two games ago vs. DET, Cousins blew up for 406 yards and 4 TDs.  I've seen .. "reporting" this week that with D. Cook out for MIN, the team might throw more.  LAC the past two games has scored 16 and 26 vs. CIN.  So, that equates to ONE TD (and 3 FGs) and TWO TDs (and 4 FGs).  Not good, and that was with Rivers.  Oh, and Cousins has thrown for multiple TDs for 4 straight weeks.

Thoughts?

Cousins didn’t play Det 2 games ago and has not thrown for 400 or 4tds all season. HTH 

1/3/2021, @ DET: 28 of 40 for 405 / 3 TDs and 5 rushes for 1 yard, with a TD.

I just switched from Herbert to Cousins.  DET allows 2nd most points in NFC.  CIN allows 4th FEWEST points in AFC..

5 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

1/3/2021, @ DET: 28 of 40 for 405 / 3 TDs and 5 rushes for 1 yard, with a TD.

I just switched from Herbert to Cousins.  DET allows 2nd most points in NFC.  CIN allows 4th FEWEST points in AFC..

Are we talking about Kirk Cousins on the Vikings or some other person?

https://www.google.com/search?q=detroit+lions+schedule&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS641US641&oq=det+lions&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i10i355i433j0i10i433j69i60l3.5130j1j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11nmctvnb4;6;/m/059yj;tb2;fp;1;;

17 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

1/3/2021 = FY 2020 / LAST season!

(See Player History on FF Today main page.)

So not 2 games ago like you originally said but last season. Gotcha. 

Lions have allowed 16, 13 and 16 points in the last 3 games of THIS season 

10 minutes ago, nospk said:

Lions have allowed 16, 13 and 16 points in the last 3 games of THIS season 

I believe he is meaning the last 2 times they played Detroit....not the last two games. 

Over the last 5 weeks the Bengals have allowed the 12th highest points to qbs, the Lions are 28th. Herbert can also get me some points on the ground. Ex Oregon QB should be able to handle a little rain and a cloudy day.