Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Jameson Williams, Lions

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I think they are already on the road to significant improvement. 

They have won 7 games the last two years; one would think they have nowhere to go but up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I think they are already on the road to significant improvement. 

quite possible.

I think it looks that way but until I actually see that the players are as advertised all I"m gonna say is it looks like it will be a turnaround.

like I said before.   there are sometimes things that dont show up on a scouting report that suddenly appear when a player turns pro.   So its not a guarantee of a turnaround.  and like I said, usually 2 successive good drafts usually will lock it down.  one good one likely only takes them from being horrible to being somewhere between bad and meh.

remember there were a lot of holes in that roster.   I dont think one good offseason can fix em all.   but I'll admit it looks really good so far.  but the team cannot sit on their laurels.   they need to follow this up with another good draft if they really want to be a good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

quite possible.

I think it looks that way but until I actually see that the players are as advertised all I"m gonna say is it looks like it will be a turnaround.

like I said before.   there are sometimes things that dont show up on a scouting report that suddenly appear when a player turns pro.   So its not a guarantee of a turnaround.  and like I said, usually 2 successive good drafts usually will lock it down.  one good one likely only takes them from being horrible to being somewhere between bad and meh.

remember there were a lot of holes in that roster.   I dont think one good offseason can fix em all.   but I'll admit it looks really good so far.  but the team cannot sit on their laurels.   they need to follow this up with another good draft if they really want to be a good team.

This is their second outstanding draft.  Sewell is looking like a HOFer.  Amon Ra was an absolute steal in the 4th, perhaps the steal of the draft.  Alim McNeil had his moments last year, but was banged up.  This year he is looking like a beast ready for a huge year. DT Levi Onwuzurike was also hampered by injuries, but has bulked up and is looking to play a large role in the Lions new 4-3 scheme.  Melifonwu and Barnes will be playing roles on defense, Barnes as a potential starter Melifonwu in a situational role.  Their 7th round Jefferson may not stick because of how crowed the backfield is, but even he made some spot starts last season and performed well.  Plus the Lions had some remarkable success with UDFA last season.  From where this squad was when Holmes took over a year and a half ago, thus has been one of the most dramatic turn around ever in the NFL.  They were am absolutely dumpster fire and now are a very promising team ready to compete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the most recent report says he wont be recovered to a point where he can start camp.

if drafting him in redraft, I'd move him down your board a bit.

for dynasty I wouldnt alter my ratings.   all this means is his chances of being an impact player in his rookie year have gone down somewhat.   you generally dont draft guys in dynasty based on rookie year production anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In redraft at this current time, he’s not worth drafting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AR St Brown is a wonderful possession receiver. By no means is he an Alpha and I say this with the utmost respect as I love his game. 
 

the only thing that will keep Williams from making a fantasy impact is how long it takes him to shake off the injury. 
 

im not worried about Goff. That may sound funny but he can get the ball deep. Is his deep accuracy an issue? Yes but I’ll take my chances. I also expect Williams can utilize his speed on screens and quick slants as he doesn’t seem to have any issue going across the middle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

AR St Brown is a wonderful possession receiver. By no means is he an Alpha and I say this with the utmost respect as I love his game. 
 

the only thing that will keep Williams from making a fantasy impact is how long it takes him to shake off the injury. 
 

im not worried about Goff. That may sound funny but he can get the ball deep. Is his deep accuracy an issue? Yes but I’ll take my chances. I also expect Williams can utilize his speed on screens and quick slants as he doesn’t seem to have any issue going across the middle 

Its still early but Jameson is currently trending towards starting the season on PUP. If you have multiple IR spots definitely worth a stash though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

AR St Brown is a wonderful possession receiver. By no means is he an Alpha and I say this with the utmost respect as I love his game. 
 

the only thing that will keep Williams from making a fantasy impact is how long it takes him to shake off the injury. 
 

im not worried about Goff. That may sound funny but he can get the ball deep. Is his deep accuracy an issue? Yes but I’ll take my chances. I also expect Williams can utilize his speed on screens and quick slants as he doesn’t seem to have any issue going across the middle 

for sure.   I like him, but he put up numbers likely because there was nobody to throw to.

Hes probably a better fit for a WR2 role behind a very good WR1.   No shame in that.

I just dont think hes elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×