Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - RB Dameon Pierce, Texans

Mack is 11-35 this pre-season. The living embodiment of a JAG...

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

So is mack going to be injured by week 3, or not?

Probably not since he already lost his job.

33 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

So is mack going to be injured by week 3, or not?

Time to move on there fool.  

39 minutes ago, nobody said:

And Brandin Cooks.  They sat him, too.

This is good info and leads me to believe that Pierce is headed for at least a 1a role.  All things being equal, I'm taking Pierce over Mack - not sure I'd take him as early as the ADPs already quoted, but I'm not sure I trust most ADP numbers as they can get skewed by some abnormal "leagues".  As always its about knowing your own league and where you can get value.

I’m seeing him as a rb43, with his adp at 88. 

A Rb4 as a starter is a good pick up

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

FTFY.

Please, you’ll be dropping all your Mack shares by week 3 if not sooner. 

25 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Please, you’ll be dropping all your Mack shares by week 3 if not sooner. 

Sooner; as I don't have any...

Just like to keep my readers informed on the best draft values out there, that's all.

Regardless who starts at RB, I'm concerned of opposing teams stacking the box to stop the run. Cooks won't be able to stop that by himself. There is no viable weapon to rely on in Houston outside of rb3 or wr3 considerations.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:13 PM, nobody said:

Probably not since he already lost his job.

yeah, a promising career ruined by an Achilles injury.    last year he did not resemble the player he was before the injury.

a year further into recovery he might be better, but there is a fair chance he is done.

I havnt seen him in exhibition so I cant say more.  

A serious Achilles injury is a pretty bad injury for a RB to get.   its almost as bad as a serious lis franc injury.   both can be career enders if they require surgery.

1 hour ago, gpann101 said:

Regardless who starts at RB, I'm concerned of opposing teams stacking the box to stop the run. Cooks won't be able to stop that by himself. There is no viable weapon to rely on in Houston outside of rb3 or wr3 considerations.

All depends on Mills and his development. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

All depends on Mills and his development. 

This is true.

if Mills develops as people hope he does, this has the potential to be a decent team.

the scouting report on him was good.   he wasnt a first round pick but the scouting report showed he had some talent and had the potential to develop into a starter.

Now is the time.  hes had his rookie year as a starter.  now he needs to step it up.    

Mack/Pierce combined for 32 attempts gaining 176 yards (5.5 ypc avg) and a TD in three preseason games.

The Houston backfield could be a goldmine...

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Mack/Pierce combined for 32 attempts gaining 176 yards (5.5 ypc avg) and a TD in three preseason games.

The Pierce part might…

17 hours ago, AxeElf said:

this is exhibition.  you are placing too much faith in the value of an exhibition game.

sure its nice they had a good game, but I wouldnt call them a gold mine because of a good pre season game.   All this means is they may not be crappy.

I suppose that's something. and something is better than nothing.   but I dont put a whole lot of faith in pre season.   Especially for RB stats.

there was an article I read at least 2 or 3 years back.  pretty sure it was an fftoday article but could have been somewhere else.   they did a statistical analysls and the only position where pre season stats sometimes translated into regular season was at WR and that was something like 40% of the time (or something of the like)

at RB  there have been lots of players who perform in pre season and come regular season.... nothing.

sadly I dont have a link and the article is old enough it may not be still around to find anyhow   but I remembered that well and learned not to place too much faith in the results of any  pre season game.  it has served me well.