Djgb13

Anyone ever been arrested

Madison Wisconsin, 1978.  Drunk, naturally, high, of course.  Girlfriend broke up with me.  I didn't see it coming, I never did.  Walking home in the rain, upset, confused, despondent.  Passing by a decorative brick wall separating a parking lot from the sidewalk.  Seemed like a good idea to punch the wall.  I did.  A large section of the wall collapsed, maybe eight linear feet. The capstone went and so too then the wall underneath.  Color me surprised.  I keep walking.  Two blocks away six patrol cars converge on me at once.  Cops are out with guns drawn.  Seemed like each was shouting different directions.  "don't move", "hands up", "down on the ground", "Turn around and walk backwards to me".  A bit of coordination would have been nice.  

They cuff me and then cuff me again saying" watch out, he could break out of them." They hobble me with two hobbles.  About then I started to get they thought I was some dangerous martial arts dude who punches brick walls when they kept saying watch his hand, watch his feet.  I was a big, confused drunk who punched a poorly built, non-mortared brick wall. I did not resist in the least.

I got booked.  They took my belt and shoelaces so I would not hang myself.  Seriously.  They put me in a drunk tank with a few others including one of those guys who talks, loudly, to people the rest of us do not see.  That guy fired up his act when I got tossed in.  He got increasingly vulgar and sometimes directed it at the runt in charge of the jail, the same runt who put me in the drunk tank, and who I had called a runt.  The runt was sure it was me making the commotion because of the use of the word "runt" in the rants.  He came over with his baton and threatened to come in and kick my ass.  I responded with hostile words.  I welcomed him to come in.  I was starting to feel a bit salty with the whole experience. He was about to come in when one of the arresting officers came by and told him I was the martial artist who had punched out a brick wall.  The runt then went away, in fear, I thought.

In the morning I had to call someone to bail me out. I called the girl who broke up with me as she had my cash card and knew my pin number.  To her credit she used it, brought the money and left the money and the card.  She did not stay, but at least she did that much.  We eventually got back together only for her to dump me again. Again, I did not see it coming.  The second time I did not get arrested.  I had learned, I had grown.  Instead, I traded up with a girl my ex worked with and had to see every day.

I had to share that arrest when applying for the Bar.

No. Never been banned from the GC either. 😇 

Technically, "yes", I was arrested.  Technically, "yes", I did go to prison.  But not really on both.

Biden was arrested trying to beak Nelson Mandela out of prison. 

6 hours ago, MDC said:

No. Never been banned from the GC either. 😇 

Monkey Death Car was never banned?  :dunno: 

To the OP, no.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Monkey Death Car was never banned?  :dunno: 

To the OP, no.

Nope - lost the sign in / email addy years ago. 

They love me here.

• Thanks 1