Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Who has been branded by the smallpox vaccine?

I got the smallpox vaccine, but I don't have one of those rings.  I don't know why some people do and some don't.  

ETA: seems like I probably didn't get the vax---it stopped becoming mandatory before I was old enough to get it.

The ring was caused by a blister caused by the vaccine. Honestly, it’s like a tattoo. Imaging if a vaccine today left suck a visible mark. It would be considered a tracking device. 

Smallcox? I bet a lot of people here can speak to that

I did, but the scar seems to be gone, so I guess it healed?  :dunno: 

I'm almost 55.

Just now, jerryskids said:

I'm almost 55.

I think I just missed the cut off. I never got it.  They continued to brand fereners that came here much longer than the whities. 

The smallpox vaccine is no longer available to the public. In 1972, routine smallpox vaccination in the United States ended. In 1980, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared smallpox was eliminated. Because of this, the public doesn’t need protection from the disease.

Today, the smallpox virus only exists in samples in research laboratories. The vaccine still is used to protect certain people, like those who work with the virus. The United States also has a supply of smallpox vaccine available in case of an outbreak, which is unlikely. If you got vaccinated before 1972, you are no longer protected. Studies show that the vaccine is effective for 3 to 5 years.

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Studies show that the vaccine is effective for 3 to 5 years.

Fake vaccine

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm almost 55.

Yeah, mine healed a long time ago, I think. So much that I had forgotten all about it. I remember when we were kids, we used to compare vaccine scars.

50 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Fake vaccine

If you get the vaccine you'll only get a little bit of small pox. They call it smaller small pox.