Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Twitter shenanigans

I hardly follow anyone...maybe 3 people.  I keep getting pop up alerts from tweets bashing trump.  It is the same accounts...every day.  I dont even follow them.  Do they even try to hide it anymore?

Turns out the WH is in direct communication with the social media outlets. And they do what they are told. Once again, they don't even hide it. Don't have to.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I hardly follow anyone...maybe 3 people.  I keep getting pop up alerts from tweets bashing trump.  It is the same accounts...every day.  I dont even follow them.  Do they even try to hide it anymore?

Are they accounts that are followed by the people you follow?  You usually don't just get random posts unless they are promoted.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are they accounts that are followed by the people you follow?  You usually don't just get random posts unless they are promoted.

I dont follow anyone except the Browns and thr PGA

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Figures. 

1 hour ago, Chronic Fockster said:

I've never gotten any tweet alerts bashing Trump.

Link to Twitter doing what the WH tells them to do? :lol:

Also figures. 

1 hour ago, Chronic Fockster said:

I've never gotten any tweet alerts bashing Trump.

I'm not a Twitter expert.  Does it send the tweets back to the person who created them?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What figures?

That you rely on Twitter for info. 

1 minute ago, Chronic Fockster said:

No

I guess that explains why you aren't receiving them then.  Mystery solved.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That you rely on Twitter for info. 

I use Twitter for sports and betting.  It's great for that.  Why would you have a problem with that?

Just now, Chronic Fockster said:

I don't "rely" on twitter for info, but it's a very useful tool during football season

His grumpy old man personality is really showing right now.

• Thanks 1

Disney was going to buy Twitter in 2016 until they did their research and found out how FOS Twitter  was about their numbers. Getting info from a platform controlled by blue haired freaks that lie a lot.  Brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney was going to buy Twitter in 2016 until they did their research and found out how FOS Twitter  was about their numbers. Getting info from a platform controlled by blue haired freaks that lie a lot.  Brilliant. 

We get it, you don't use Twitter.  It definitely have it's uses though.

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I still get on Twitter a lot. There’s some funny ass people on Twitter and those are the ones I usually follow. I don’t care for political stuff but as you said I’ve started seeing more and more of it with notifications of people I don’t even follow 

54 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

We get it, you don't use Twitter.  It definitely have it's uses though.

We get it. You’re a centrist. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

We get it. You’re a centrist. 

You're off your rocker on this subject.  I use it for sports and betting, that's pretty much it.  If there is a big event happening like a mass shooting or something, I like to go to Twitter for immediate response to see what's happening.

Have you actually used Twitter before?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're off your rocker on this subject.  I use it for sports and betting, that's pretty much it.  If there is a big event happening like a mass shooting or something, I like to go to Twitter for immediate response to see what's happening.

Have you actually used Twitter before?

For about a week once. Realized how stupid it is to accept censorship from the kind of people that run it.  They are retards. 

For about a week once. Realized how stupid it is to accept censorship from the kind of people that run it.  They are retards. 

If you're following it strictly for news and political views then I can see that.  It's great for other things.

:lol:

Accept censorship.  What a Karen

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

If you're following it strictly for news and political views then I can see that.  It's great for other things.

The right wing loves to cry about censorship on twitter, but there are plenty of right wing accounts on twitter. Someone keeps posting that Il Trumpo and cheered about how pedobiden was trending a few weeks ago.

Just now, Chronic Fockster said:

The right wing loves to cry about censorship on twitter, but there are plenty of right wing accounts on twitter. Someone keeps posting that Il Trumpo and cheered about how pedobiden was trending a few weeks ago.

There's plenty of right wing accounts.  I see posts from them getting shared a lot.  Some are pretty funny though.

4 minutes ago, Chronic Fockster said:

:lol:

Accept censorship.  What a Karen

We all accept some form of censorship. It’s who you accept it form that matters. If reasonable people are going to censor things like threats of violence or over the top hate speech that’s good censorship. If blue haired morons are the ones deciding then you can count me out. Enjoy being told what you’re allowed to read by those people.  They think you’re too stupid to decide for yourself. Or they think your feelings may get hurt. Baaah. Baaah.  

• Sad 1

We all accept some form of censorship. It’s who you accept it form that matters. If reasonable people are going to censor things like threats of violence or over the top hate speech that’s good censorship. If blue haired morons are the ones deciding then you can count me out. Enjoy being told what you’re allowed to read by those people.  They think you’re too stupid to decide for yourself. Or they think your feelings may get hurt. Baaah. Baaah.  

You let too many stupid things affect your decision making.  I wonder how many great things you've missed out on in life because of your personal biases.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You let too many stupid things affect your decision making.  I wonder how many great things you've missed out on in life because of your personal biases.

Yeah ok. I have a lifetime of making my own decisions, forging my own path. I’ve done just fine with my decision making process. Ha! I’ve been around kid, seen and done things you can only read about. 

Yeah ok. I have a lifetime of making my own decisions, forging my own path. I’ve done just fine with my decision making process. 

I'm sure you've done just fine.  It just seems like you make a lot of decisions based on some odd reasons.  It's like my kids not eating something just because of the name or what it looks like.

How many things do you refuse to do just out of spite?  I know we all do it to some degree but I get the feeling that number is high for you.

I see Hardcore Boobador is in quite the mood today. He exists solely to be miserable.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm sure you've done just fine.  It just seems like you make a lot of decisions based on some odd reasons.  It's like my kids not eating something just because of the name or what it looks like.

How many things do you refuse to do just out of spite?  I know we all do it to some degree but I get the feeling that number is high for you.

It’s not out of spite. It’s wisdom. And you have to have experiences to gain wisdom.  

2 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I see Hardcore Boobador is in quite the mood today. He exists solely to be miserable.

Sure I do. I chuckle when you say such things. You sure come off as a fun loving gal. Am I right? 

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

He sure seems like it most days.

Sure I do. I chuckle and hiu say such things. You sure come off as a fun loving gal. Am I right? 

I’ve yet to see you post anything remotely entertaining. No sense of humor, nada. All you do is gripe and complain and air grievances about every little thing that offends you. Which is why I inevitably stop replying to you. You are a miserable human.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I’ve yet to see you post anything remotely entertaining. No sense of humor, nada. All you do is gripe and complain and air grievances about every little thing that offends you. Which is why I inevitably stop replying to you. You are a miserable human.

Oh no. Twitter wench can figure out someone from a message board and she has me pegged! I better break out my copy of “I’m ok, you’re ok”.   Gtfo.  You  wont be missed. Trust me. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh no. Twitter wench can figure out someone from a message board and she has me pegged! I better break out my copy of “I’m ok, you’re ok”.   Gtfo.  You  wont be missed. Trust me. 

This was both entertaining and funny.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Old Maid brings infinitely more benefit to this board than you.

Scoreboard bich

Having 27 banned aliases must make you the expert.  🤣

• Haha 1