Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Burrow...........really?

Pregame show he's talking how he needs to get rid of the ball quickly-FIRST  PLAY he's sacked-and THEN throws an interception. So much for his "smart QB" talk. I see where Cincy might need to run it more this year.

Lamar Jackson isn't exactly lighting it up either. Can't believe he turned down 250 million

He might actually be as dumb as he looks.

Just now, easilyscan said:

Lamar Jackson isn't exactly lighting it up either. Can't believe he turned down 250 million

I had him last year, I guess I have a knack for picking POS QBs. But I CAN embrace it-with the help of a few beers!

• Haha 1

He had problems against them last year too, my opponent today has J Herbert at QB (that game might end up 85-80) so it's a double-edged sword today, my bad against his good/great.

3 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

And another.  And another.  As a Steeler fan I love it.  As someone playing against Pitt D I'm pissed

Big win today, congrats. 

this guy is a stud.

5 hours ago, easilyscan said:

its possible.   the life of a running QB generally isnt a long one.   you take the guaranteed cash when you can get it.

I honestly think whats the diff between 200 mil and 250 mil?  will you live your life differently?   I"d suggest you shouldnt.

as long as the number is in the ballpark of what fair market value is, you should be taking the deal.  even moreso as a running QB because he may never have the kind of leverage he has now.  if he gets hurt as many running QB's do, he'll be very sad he walked from that deal.   and the name of the game is securing your financial future.  that offer provided a lot of security.  I know there is the desire to break records and all that, but rolling the dice like this is irresponsible.

either way, its not my problem.

this is where having an agent may have helped him some but only in the sense of adjusting his expectations

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

its possible.   the life of a running QB generally isnt a long one.   you take the guaranteed cash when you can get it.

I honestly think whats the diff between 200 mil and 250 mil?  will you live your life differently?   I"d suggest you shouldnt.

as long as the number is in the ballpark of what fair market value is, you should be taking the deal.  even moreso as a running QB because he may never have the kind of leverage he has now.  if he gets hurt as many running QB's do, he'll be very sad he walked from that deal.   and the name of the game is securing your financial future.  that offer provided a lot of security.  I know there is the desire to break records and all that, but rolling the dice like this is irresponsible.

either way, its not my problem.

this is where having an agent may have helped him some but only in the sense of adjusting his expectations

My feelings exactly. 

Do you know how much of the offer was guaranteed ?

2 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

My feelings exactly. 

Do you know how much of the offer was guaranteed ?

I think the guaranteed portion was 133 mil

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think the guaranteed portion was 133 mil

Wow! 

No one knows what the future holds, maybe he'll have a sensational year and be able to command the number he wants ?

But damn, even if his net of the 133 mil was 'only' 70 mil, keep 20 liquid to live on, another 40 in ultra conservative investments, & the last 10 in aggressive investments. 

He would be set for a helluva long time.   

6 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Wow! 

No one knows what the future holds, maybe he'll have a sensational year and be able to command the number he wants ?

But damn, even if his net of the 133 mil was 'only' 70 mil, keep 20 liquid to live on, another 40 in ultra conservative investments, & the last 10 in aggressive investments. 

He would be set for a helluva long time.   

hed be set for life so long as he doesnt do anything stupid.

that said.... lots of people do stupid things when they have more money than they know what to do with.

7 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

ANOTHER INT! He's now completed as many passes to Pittsburg as he has to his own guys-NICE job "stud".

Stupid. 

• Haha 1