Sign in to follow this  
GoonCrew

Stafford?

What is the general consensus on Stafford going forward? I ended up with him as my #1 but I'm not too high on him.

With guys like Wentz and Winston out there, I'm tempted to just dump Stafford and stream. 

I'm waiting to see. It was one week, against a salty Buffalo D. He can bounce back. Just throw it to Kupp every play. ;)

How ever I'm not that invested he is my backup on one team.  Winston has some good games coming up (not TB), Wentz at DET looks great and he was hot in week one.  Feels weird to say that, but he had the offense moving. 

this is the best defense in the NFL.   

I have always found with stafford he lays 1 or 2 eggs through the year.    Usually against a top Defense.

this is no different.   unfortunatly it is also week 1 when teams are still shaking off the pre season rust.

My best advise to you is do not panic.   I think he will be fine.   if you are still worried about it, I'd drop one of the reserve players and carry 2 QB for a couple weeks until you are sure.

one thing I will say is if you drop him you wont likely get him back.

Keep him. He should be just fine. If he struggles another two weeks or so then you can stream, you can always go to streaming QBs, but once you go that route there's no going back

• Like 1

Dropping the quarterback of Cooper Kupp is nonsense talk

Why did the OP draft him as their Qb 1 of there not to high on him? 

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Why did the OP draft him as their Qb 1 of there not to high on him? 

people do lots of things in the heat of the moment.

Most likely there was a run on QB and he felt at the time he was the best of a bad lot.

Yup, run on QB's. I waited a round too late and Stafford was next man on the board. Was hoping the offense and weapons around him may be enough but the elbow issue may be more of a problem then people are letting on. We can carry 2 QB, so I picked up Winston as backup. However, I don't have much faith in Stafford week to week.

well, I wouldnt worry unless he puts up another stinker.

his accuracy actually looked good in the game overall. someone (I think the commentator) seemed to think his throwing motion was off a bit.   but I didnt notice it.

Its probably a case of playing the best defense in the NFL.   other teams will try to duplicate what Buffalo did against the Rams,  but they dont have the talent to execute.

when you have the talent you can play a different game than everyone else.

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, I wouldnt worry unless he puts up another stinker.

his accuracy actually looked good in the game overall. someone (I think the commentator) seemed to think his throwing motion was off a bit.   but I didnt notice it.

Its probably a case of playing the best defense in the NFL.   other teams will try to duplicate what Buffalo did against the Rams,  but they dont have the talent to execute.

when you have the talent you can play a different game than everyone else.

Yup well said I agree ,but they need to establish a run game and take some pressure off kupp

34 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

people do lots of things in the heat of the moment.

Most likely there was a run on QB and he felt at the time he was the best of a bad lot.

17 minutes ago, GoonCrew said:

Yup, run on QB's. I waited a round too late and Stafford was next man on the board. Was hoping the offense and weapons around him may be enough but the elbow issue may be more of a problem then people are letting on. We can carry 2 QB, so I picked up Winston as backup. However, I don't have much faith in Stafford week to week.

When it comes to the Qb slot, let the run take place, double digit rounds. I own Cousins on two teams 10/11 Th round pick, and I have Winston on my other two, double digit rounds. 

• Confused 1

Buffalo definitely has one of the best defenses, but also the Rams O line sucks. Left tackle Andrew Whitworth retired end of last year.  That was a huge loss.  New LT Joe Noteboom didn't fare well.  Think he allowed 3 of the 7 sacks.  Now their center Brian Allen is out 2-4 weeks for a knee procedure.  Oh and Noteboom is also hurt and may not play this week.  The O line is being reshuffled and their run game blows.  So I wouldn't expect good things out of Stafford this week.  But you never know!

And the elbow problem. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

When it comes to the Qb slot, let the run take place, double digit rounds. I own Cousins on two teams 10/11 Th round pick, and I have Winston on my other two, double digit rounds. 

we all know that. but some people get caught up in the emotion of the run.   Thats why runs on a position happen.

you want to be the person starting the run.  not finishing it.

That said, you gotta play with what you got now.

6 hours ago, GoonCrew said:

What is the general consensus on Stafford going forward? I ended up with him as my #1 but I'm not too high on him.

With guys like Wentz and Winston out there, I'm tempted to just dump Stafford and stream. 

I have Stafford and Winston on my team. I sat Stafford in week 1 because they played Buffalo. Winston was an awesome fill in. I haven't even.looked at week 2 yet. 

How about now? In my league Stafford has posted single digit points in 3 out of the first 4 weeks. Is he droppable now? LOL.

He should have been a double digit round Qb. 

14 minutes ago, GoonCrew said:

How about now? In my league Stafford has posted single digit points in 3 out of the first 4 weeks. Is he droppable now? LOL.

did you pickup that second QB early in the year when I told you to do so?    if you did, who do you have?  and who is on the wire?

you cant just drop a guy willy nilly, you need to line up a replacement first

I think you can drop him and stream. 

Stafford vs Dallas or Jimmy g vs panthers? This week? Its a 2 qb league I also got Trevor Lawrence 

19 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

did you pickup that second QB early in the year when I told you to do so?    if you did, who do you have?  and who is on the wire?

you cant just drop a guy willy nilly, you need to line up a replacement first

Yup, I picked up Winston but that hasn't gone over too well after week 1. Right now I am carrying Stafford and Winston but I'm thinking of blowing it all up and just picking up streamers the rest of the way. Guys available are Geno Smith, Daniel Jones, Zack Wilson, etc...  All bottom of the barrel but putting up twice the points that Stafford is.

Just now, GoonCrew said:

Yup, I picked up Winston but that hasn't gone over too well after week 1. Right now I am carrying Stafford and Winston but I'm thinking of blowing it all up and just picking up streamers the rest of the way. Guys available are Geno Smith, Daniel Jones, Zack Wilson, etc...  All bottom of the barrel but putting up twice the points that Stafford is.

Grab teddy

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He should have been a double digit round Qb. 

He was (round 11 I believe). I waited on QB but unfortunately he was my #1

52 minutes ago, GoonCrew said:

dude, I think I'd just hold Stafford until McVay gets the offense sorted.  he will.  Last year there was a 2 or 3 game stretch where Stafford wasnt very good and they ironed that out.

That list of QB's isnt great looking.   with Winston hurt, I'd consider dropping him to grab someone but I'm not sure any of those mentioned are better than Stafford on most nights.   but if picking the matchup, you might get lucky.

7 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Stafford vs Dallas or Jimmy g vs panthers? This week? Its a 2 qb league I also got Trevor Lawrence 

Lawrence and Jimmy G. 

7 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Grab teddy

Amen. 

i do think Stafford and mcvay will improve from where they are, the OL is the biggest problem not positive how they'll fix it but hopefully they have some ideas,

but against Dallas I'm not feeling too good this week and will look for alternatives. 

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

Lawrence and Jimmy G. 

Jimmy G is probably the safest pick if hes still on the wire.   Lawrence likely represents as the guy with the highest upside and if he has an easy matchup its likely easy to recommend starting him.