Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

trump gets prescription drug prices cut by 70%

trump made it a big deal to cut prescription drug prices in his 2016 campaign and applied tons of pressure on drug companies and republicans and democrats alike as president.  biden attacks nearly met with disaster on this front but weve overcome biden and the democrats' resistance and won a huge victory today.  theres no way the democrats agree to this if they think trump is no threat to win in 2024. but we must be vigilant as biden as his cronies will always look for ways to gouge the american people.  so vote trump.

today eli lily announced it is cutting the price of several drugs by 70% and offer $25 insulin. insulin was priced well over $200 per vial in some cases.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/lilly-cut-insulin-prices-by-70-fourth-quarter-2023-03-01/

thanks trump!

3 minute readMarch 1, 20239:04 AM PSTLast Updated 34 min ago

Lilly to cut some list prices by 70% and offer $25 insulin

March 1 (Reuters) - Eli Lilly and Co (LLY.N) on Wednesday said it will cut list prices by 70% for its most commonly prescribed insulin products, Humalog and Humulin, beginning from the fourth quarter of this year.

Ricks said in a media call that he had not spoken to the Biden administration about the change before it was announced, but that he had previously talked to lawmakers trying to cap insulin costs, including Republican U.S. Senator Susan Collins.

The list price for Lispro, a cheaper version of its Humalog insulin, is currently $82.41 for 100 units/mL vials. A Humalog U-100 10 mL vial is $274.70, which will drop to $66.40, and a Humulin U-100 10 mL vial is $148.70. That will become $44.61.

Lilly last year said it would lower Lispro's price by 40% for some consumers.

List prices for drugs often differ from what patients actually pay, including after insurance and other assistance programs.

While the $35 price is only available in pharmacies participating in the company's insulin value program, Ricks said patients using other pharmacies can receive a rebate through the drugmaker's website.

These price cuts "should be the new standard in America," the CEO said, and he called on other companies and stakeholders "to meet us at this point."

"Insulin has become such a pivotal issue because of affordability," Ricks said.

Around 8.4 million of the 37 million people in the United States with diabetes use insulin, according to the American Diabetes Association.

Ricks said the company's insulin price cuts had been planned for some time and were accounted for in Eli Lilly's December financial forecast, which projected 2023 revenue of at least $30.3 billion.

The Indianapolis-based drugmaker also will lower the price of its Lispro insulin injection to $25 a vial and expand its insulin value program so that an existing $35 cap on some insulins will now apply in about 85% of U.S. pharmacies.

12 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

trump made it a big deal to cut prescription drug prices in his 2016 campaign and applied tons of pressure on drug companies and republicans and democrats alike as president.  biden attacks nearly met with disaster on this front but weve overcome biden and the democrats' resistance and won a huge victory today.  theres no way the democrats agree to this if they think trump is no threat to win in 2024. but we must be vigilant as biden as his cronies will always look for ways to gouge the american people.  so vote trump.

today eli lily announced it is cutting the price of several drugs by 70% and offer $25 insulin. insulin was priced well over $200 per vial in some cases.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/lilly-cut-insulin-prices-by-70-fourth-quarter-2023-03-01/

thanks trump!

From reading your post, did they also cut the price of methodone? 

• Haha 1

So, Trump who left office over 2 years ago, is responsible for this? Interesting point of view you’ve got there…

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

So, Trump who left office over 2 years ago, is responsible for this? Interesting point of view you’ve got there…

Just like Trump is responsible for Biden's messes?? That's all we hear you cry about. 

56 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Trump said it so it must be so.  😂  Remember, he's the best President ever .. better than Lincoln .. better than Washington.  😂

Seriously, this happens 2 years under Biden's Presidency and Trump says he did it, is just so ridiculously laughable.  But morons will moron.  imrite

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

I agree with your point here....

BUT, if Biden and his cronies insist on pretending their mistakes away toward Trump, why cant people do this? Or can it only be done this way if its a negative toward Trump?

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

BUT, if Biden and his cronies insist on pretending their mistakes away toward Trump, why cant people do this? Or can it only be done this way if its a negative toward Trump?

Good point. We should probably take each situation on its own merits. I think this one is meant to be a joke by Justin, but there could be some arguments for a policy that took some time to implement being a benefit (or detriment) years after a president leaves office. Bush’s wars in Iraq and Afghanistan had terrible consequences for decades.

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

What is this administration blaming on Trump ?  And who's doing the blaming.  You can't just wash this away by saying that.

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

Well it's about time that Biden used Trump's prescription template. Now if he can just grow a pair of BALLS 

And why didn't this happen while Trump was running roughshod over all in his path.

38 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Good point. We should probably take each situation on its own merits. I think this one is meant to be a joke by Justin, but there could be some arguments for a policy that took some time to implement being a benefit (or detriment) years after a president leaves office. Bush’s wars in Iraq and Afghanistan had terrible consequences for decades.

:lol: Liberals think they are clever. So dumb...

All the ones pro-Trump, false.

All the ones orange man bad, true. :lol:

20 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

What is this administration blaming on Trump ?  And who's doing the blaming.  You can't just wash this away by saying that.

As I stated, I agree with him, I am not wiping anything away.  BUT, if you insist on playing this like a game, instead of being an honest broker, I am going to highlight that hypocrisy.

While I do enjoy doing everyones research around here, and of course the first move is "show me a link" :rolleyes:

We can start with the liar in chief, Karine Jean-Pierre, who makes every single problem something Biden inherited pretty much every time she speaks. 

Joe Biden blames Donald Trump for one quarter of today’s debt, ignores context

Pete Buttigieg blames Trump for Ohio train derailment

Kamala Harris blames Trump for border crises

Now you can either pretend that this is not true, has not happened, or you can come along and say yes...it is wrong when anyone does it....

Okay .. and IN THE PAST, you probably railed against them for their remarks IN THE PAST.  NOW it's time to be railed against for these remarks.  I hate when people bring up the past - you have already talked about it IN THE PAST.  NOW, talk about the present.  And the present is Trump trying to take credit for what's happening in the current administration.