Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

Favorite Appetizers. Spermoff

24 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

my guy doesnt, even for example I goto the store Ill get meats with no nitrates

I am in Cali, thats the one thing we got covered, I get this stuff as well after the guy I get salami and peperoni from showed me how he cures it

Like always you know nothing you are talking about and revert to name calling

Then there’s the “natural curing” loop hole. The USDA defines an uncured product as one that has been preserved without the use of chemical agents. These products can be labeled “uncured,” “no nitrates added” or “no nitrites added” – very label-friendly terminology. These products are free of chemical curing agents, but they are typically made with ingredients that are inherent sources of nitrates and nitrites, such as celery, spinach and Swiss chard. 

There’s evidence that natural curing agents, such as celery powder, are quite inefficient at converting from nitrate or nitrite to nitric oxide, the form that reacts with the oxygen-binding proteins in the meat, creating the cured color. This creates an environment in the meat system of higher residual nitrates and nitrites, the precursors to nitrosamines, which are potent carcinogens associated with tumor growth in humans. 

I did a little digging on your "alternative" curing and this came up. Since natural vegetable extract is vague, I’d guess that is uses something along these lines. :dunno:

21 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I did a little digging on your "alternative" curing and this came up. Since natural vegetable extract is vague, I’d guess that is uses something along these lines. :dunno:

It's really just salt 

so many places are doing a take on an egg roll. most of them are pretty good.   cuban sandwich eggroll, mac and cheese egg roll, etc etc etc.

reuben fritters

good ole mozz sticks

tuna tartare

15 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings

Never heard of that, it's like two worlds colliding. Love both

14 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Raw gulf oysters 

natures perfect filter, how is that gulf water these days?