Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

TV Writer Strike!

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Yes, but much of the downside of the strike will be felt in the future for industries like movies.    We won't see a downtick there until 2024 or so - stuff that wasn't done being written and can't start shooting.   Similar with streaming shows.   Most didn't notice yet because it's largely rerun season besides the talk shows and the services had enough stuff finished to keep on trucking for a bit during the strike and beyond.  

This is what I thought. Most shows, movies were put on hold or had to face delays was my understanding. Didn’t get how people perceived that the writing had somehow improved because the writers went on strike. It was the same stuff by the same people, it was just completed before the strike.

7 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This is what I thought. Most shows, movies were put on hold or had to face delays was my understanding. Didn’t get how people perceived that the writing had somehow improved because the writers went on strike. It was the same stuff by the same people, it was just completed before the strike.

They are probably just watching old reruns and don't look up from their phones enough to know the difference.  :lol:  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Haven’t followed this at all but I thought that this impacted pretty much everything except soap operas and reality shows.

EternalStupidAndDouchey must watch lots of soap operas.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

They are probably just watching old reruns and don't look up from their phones enough to know the difference.  :lol:  

He's just repeating the right wing talking points.  It's all he does.

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I imagine these grumps just watching old shows like Hee Haw and Gunsmoke.   Anything 1980s on probably got too woke somehow.  

7 hours ago, thegeneral said:

If it goes on awhile we will see similar to COVID - a gap in movie releases and shows as nobody could finish projects.    Just this time they can't get them written instead can't have people together to make them.  

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

You're trying so hard to score something, ANYTHING on me that it's becoming quite pathetic. :lol:

Let me give you a tip: it ain't gonna' happen. 

Your desperation is on display for everyone to see how pathetic you truly are.  Stick to your glory holes and let others do the thinking for you like they normally do.

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

So, now Jimmy Fallon has to go back to work?

Unfortunately, all of those unfunny insufferable morons do.

Hollywood has a talent problem.  As in, there is none or very little, especially in writer's rooms.

43 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Unfortunately, all of those unfunny insufferable morons do.

Hollywood has a talent problem.  As in, there is none or very little, especially in writer's rooms.

This is even funnier considering you mostly post the same things over and over.    

What is it that you can't find on the dozens of streaming services, on TV, or in the theater?   

3 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

What is it that you can't find on the dozens of streaming services, on TV, or in the theater?   

This is NOT a Hollywood writer's room - it's a low-rent, online public forum.  We all post the same shiat over and over and not a single one of us - including you - has any writing talent so your first sentence makes no sense.  Besides, you literally post DNC talking points all day long.  :dunno:

And are you actually suggesting people can only be critical if they are actual writers in Hollywood writer's rooms themselves?  GTFO with that nonsense.

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is NOT a Hollywood writer's room - it's a low-rent, online public forum.  We all post the same shiat over and over and not a single one of us - including you - has any writing talent so your first sentence makes no sense.  You literally post DNC talking points all day long.  :dunno:

Are  you actually suggesting people can only be critical if they are actual writers in Hollywood writer's rooms themselves?  GTFO with that nonsense.

You forgot to mention the glory hole.

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I didn't have to...you already did!  :thumbsup:

You appear to be super focused on it to.  :lol:

too.

3 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Lol. Look at Mr. Original.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is NOT a Hollywood writer's room - it's a low-rent, online public forum.  We all post the same shiat over and over and not a single one of us - including you - has any writing talent so your first sentence makes no sense.  Besides, you literally post DNC talking points all day long.  :dunno:

And are you actually suggesting people can only be critical if they are actual writers in Hollywood writer's rooms themselves?  GTFO with that nonsense.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.  I didn't say you couldn't be critical, I said it was funny to me that you of all people here would post it.   

Neither is answering pretty easy questions, like:  What is it you are looking for that you can't find out there? and the other day I asked you something on the lines of:  can you provide examples of TV shows that have gone too far or are all woke?   

56 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.  I didn't say you couldn't be critical, I said it was funny to me that you of all people here would post it.   

Neither is answering pretty easy questions, like:  What is it you are looking for that you can't find out there? and the other day I asked you something on the lines of:  can you provide examples of TV shows that have gone too far or are all woke?   

Your inane responses are the problem, it's not reading comprehension.  You're throwing up smoke screens and distractions to avoid the point which is that Hollywood writing today is awful.  It has nothing to do "what are you looking for that you can't find" - that's a distraction on your part to change focus of my original post to fit some preconceived narrative you're trying to spin (or defend some preconceived narrative). 

It's not hard to figure out and I suspect you're playing obtuse on purpose.  Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, etc...  all have been plagued by crappy writing as SOME examples with woke horseshit running amok because WOKE is the focus, not the story or the characters.

Instead of YOU responding to the point being made, you responded to something else no one said and or implied and are now all aghast that the person (me, in this case) isn't fooled by your distraction. 

35 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Your inane responses are the problem, it's not reading comprehension.  You're throwing up smoke screens and distractions to avoid the point which is that Hollywood writing today is awful.  It has nothing to do "what are you looking for that you can't find" - that's a distraction on your part to change focus of my original post to fit some preconceived narrative you're trying to spin (or defend some preconceived narrative). 

It's not hard to figure out and I suspect you're playing obtuse on purpose.  Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, etc...  all have been plagued by crappy writing as SOME examples with woke horseshit running amok because WOKE is the focus, not the story or the characters.

Instead of YOU responding to the point being made, you responded to something else no one said and or implied and are now all aghast that the person (me, in this case) isn't fooled by your distraction. 

You listed a fraction of the movies and shows that are out there that you can largely avoid by not subscribing to Disney+.   You rant and rave about all of Hollywood being woke, but of course skip over very popular stuff like Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious, Maverick and a ton of non-Disney shows we could talk about.    How about Creed franchise?  You are a grown man, stop watching Star Wars and superhero movies if they upset you that much.    Maybe watch Liam Neeson and Keanu kick some ass, instead of dudes in capes?  

12 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

You listed a fraction of the movies and shows that are out there that you can largely avoid by not subscribing to Disney+.   You rant and rave about all of Hollywood being woke, but of course skip over very popular stuff like Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious, Maverick and a ton of non-Disney shows we could talk about.    How about Creed franchise?  You are a grown man, stop watching Star Wars and superhero movies if they upset you that much.    Maybe watch Liam Neeson and Keanu kick some ass, instead of dudes in capes?  

You f****** dumbass. You want me to list every possible show made in the last 50 years?  That's the only proof you're going to accept?

:lol: GTFO

8 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You f****** dumbass. You want me to list every possible show made in the last 50 years?  That's the only proof you're going to accept?

:lol: GTFO

Hell, I'd be happy if you actually listed a couple that you found really woke, or provided a reason why some you listed you found to be really woke.  But the point remains that as you do that I could also keep listing movies and shows that are not woke as an example, which I also did above.  I've encountered so many old grumps like you at my stores and I always found it funny that you focus on stuff that's not even intended for you (superhero movies, Disney stuff, Barbie,) and complain about how ALL of Hollywood is this or that, there's no good movies or shows anymore, everything is woke, etc (often when I ask they haven't even seen the movie or show they were b1tching about either).   For some reason you choose to believe you are swimming in an unavoidable sea of woke, when you can largely avoid it by choosing a different service or watching movies that aren't meant for teenagers.