Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Bounceback Players

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would like to think you for the reply, I’m not sure I can agree, I think Wilson desire might be his biggest problem, he is 34 now and I just have a feeling he might not be a 30 td Qb anymore even with Payton as his coach.  

Wilsons per game avg last season was just a little lower then his last season with the Hawks.  

Anyway we shall see.  

It is hard to say what the issue is there, but  bringing in a better offensive coach wont hurt him.   I'm also a believer in Payton but like you, I dont know how much Wilson has left in the tank.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a bump in his stats due to better coaching,   but I dont know that I'd put him back up there as a high end QB1 anymore.  those days may be done.

I still have not decided where I'd rank him.    Likely I have him as a top quality back up (QB2) in most formats.  if he looks great in camp, maybe he becomes a low end starter in 12 team leagues.  but I wouldnt be drafting him early.  I'll say that much for sure.

Better coaching is going to help, Wilson reaching the 30 plus td mark I’m not so sure.  

Bummer for Kupp, ff world takes a hit.  I hope he can return soon like what’s being reported.  If so heck he will be ff wr1.  Stay toon. 

On 7/9/2023 at 4:39 PM, FrancieFootball said:

Yes, we should make a note of this and and follow along as the season goes on. Hopefully Javonte Williams bounces back. Culture is so important to a team, and ugly things happen when you don't have it. A Sean Payton culture alone should help Wilson. We shall see!

Russ then you go into culture being so important?

R Wilson is not as good because he is old, short and slow. FACTS. Years ago, he was young and fast. He can't make the same plays he used to. Now his height (5'10 +1/2") is becoming a bigger issue, he was elusive and would get out of the pocket and make plays (run or pass).  He has lost a step and that is wreaking havoc on his past success and talent.

No way is Payton going to make that better.  He had a natural Passer in Brees, and was lucky to have him.  If you think Payton is going to magically make Russ taller and younger, well, I have some magic beans to sell you....

Culture....Not that important.  Acutally Winning creates culture. Take NE Patriots.  It has become pretty evident that it was not Belichick that won those titles, it was BRADY. 

Brady won without him in Tampa too.  But everyone is selling the NE way/Belichick way and that was the culture you are speaking of yes?  HA HA!

How was Bill before Brady (record 35-45) and how is he after (.500).  TRASH.

Lastly, A Sean Payton Culture?  You mean the one where you would get paid to inflict injuries on players?  That culture? 

• Like 1

Bounce Back Players

QB - TUA *So Many Weapons....  To a lesser - LAMAR JACKSON & STAFFORD. 

RB - CAM AKERS    To a lesser extent KAMARA & J TAYLOR.

WR - M. PITTMAN & D. HOPKINS

TE - WALLER

I know it is hard to say Tua is a comeback but from all of those concussions, if he plays a full season, it would be big numbers.

For 2022 he played about 12 1/2 games.  IF, and that is a big if, he played a full 17 last year would have looked something like this.....

4,825 yds passing +34 TDS Passing or possibly better.

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Bummer for Kupp, ff world takes a hit.  I hope he can return soon like what’s being reported.  If so heck he will be ff wr1.  Stay toon. 

Bad hill to die on. Old, breaking down wr, bottom five team, QB cooked, not a good bet this year. 
It’s ok to be wrong. That’s what separates us from God. Lose your pride. It’s holding you back. Speaking from experience 

21 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Bad hill to die on. Old, breaking down wr, bottom five team, QB cooked, not a good bet this year. 
It’s ok to be wrong. That’s what separates us from God. Lose your pride. It’s holding you back. Speaking from experience 

Absolutely it’s okay to be wrong, could you imagine if I was never wrong as it pertain to ff, when I’m wrong let me know, and I’ll do like I’ve done in the past apologize, but I’m not wrong, not yet.   I’m sorry about your pride issue, it’s not something I’ve had a problem with, looks like your still working on it,  I would say the  biggest issue since I became a Christian as been , Christians who walk in sin, like you said you do, go and sin no more said Jesus.  Come on fool dummy up.  

God bless. 

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

R Wilson is not as good because he is old, short and slow. FACTS. Years ago, he was young and fast. He can't make the same plays he used to. Now his height (5'10 +1/2") is becoming a bigger issue, he was elusive and would get out of the pocket and make plays (run or pass).  He has lost a step and that is wreaking havoc on his past success and talent.

No way is Payton going to make that better.  He had a natural Passer in Brees, and was lucky to have him.  If you think Payton is going to magically make Russ taller and younger, well, I have some magic beans to sell you....

Culture....Not that important.  Acutally Winning creates culture. Take NE Patriots.  It has become pretty evident that it was not Belichick that won those titles, it was BRADY. 

Brady won without him in Tampa too.  But everyone is selling the NE way/Belichick way and that was the culture you are speaking of yes?  HA HA!

Lastly, A Sean Payton Culture?  You mean the one where you would get paid to inflict injuries on players?  That culture? 

Brees was old , short, and slow, and look at what Payton did for him.  Mmmm 🥳

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Bounce Back Players

TE - WALLER

I know it is hard to say Tua is a comeback but from all of those concussions, if he plays a full season, it would be big numbers.

For 2022 he played about 12 1/2 games.  IF, and that is a big if, he played a full 17 last year would have looked something like this.....

Tua is one good hit away from taking a seat on the rocker.  

But I do Waller.  

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Absolutely it’s okay to be wrong, could you imagine if I was never wrong as it pertain to ff, when I’m wrong let me know, and I’ll do like I’ve done in the past apologize, but I’m not wrong, not yet.   I’m sorry about your pride issue, it’s not something I’ve had a problem with, looks like your still working on it,  I would say the  biggest issue since I became a Christian as been , Christians who walk in sin, like you said you do, go and sin no more said Jesus.  Come on fool dummy up.  

God bless. 

I hope for your sake that someday you truly understand what it means to be a Christian. 

35 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

I hope for your sake that someday you truly understand what it means to be a Christian. 

I pray that for the sake of your soul , you become one today, and if you clam to be one now, stop walking in shame , show some good fruit and praise God’s Holy Name.  Now go and sin no more, remove that wood  out of your own eye before, be you start judging a righteous person, a righteous person is judge by no man , but a righteous person doesJudge all things that are not righteous.  

Good day sir, I said good day. 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I pray that for the sake of your soul , you become one today, and if you clam to be one now, stop walking in shame , show some good fruit and praise God’s Holy Name.  Now go and sin no more, remove that wood  out of your own eye before, be you start judging a righteous person, a righteous person is judge by no man , but a righteous person done in Judge all things that are not righteous.  

Good day sir, I said good day. 

You seriously should seek help. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Brees was old , short, and slow, and look at what Payton did for him.  Mmmm 🥳

Yeah...look at his last 2 years when he was his oldest.

Brees was 6ft, not a runner and was insanely accurate. Very different QB. More like Brady.

13 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Yeah...look at his last 2 years when he was his oldest.

Brees was 6ft, not a runner and was insanely accurate. Very different QB. More like Brady.

And who was his head coach? 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

And who was his head coach? 

Yes, Payton was not his coach.  But without the right talent, none of this matters.  

See Belichick.

37 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Yes, Payton was not his coach.  But without the right talent, none of this matters.  

See Belichick.

Without the right coach, and Hackett wasn’t the right head coach, like Peyton said, Hackett sucked as the Broncos head coach, the right head coach has the right coaching team to get the most out of the talent the team has, Wilson isn’t going to be great, but he’s going to be much better with a better team of coaches working with him imo, in which will rise the bar of that talent around Wilson.  

See Belichick.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Without the right coach, and Hackett wasn’t the right head coach, like Peyton said, Hackett sucked as the Broncos head coach, the right head coach has the right coaching team to get the most out of the talent the team has, Wilson isn’t going to be great, but he’s going to be much better with a better team of coaches working with him imo, in which will rise the bar of that talent around Wilson.  

See Belichick.  

It is PAYTON.

I see Belichick and he is a .500 coach without Brady.  

Sean Payton, Amazing coach as he won all of those Superbowls (1)! Oh and don't forget his 3 years of mediocrity as Offensive Cooridinator with the NYG.

Dude is an average coach.  His first 4 years as a QB coach were mediocre too.

BREES was why he was successful. He would have been nothing without Brees.

28 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

It is PAYTON.

I see Belichick and he is a .500 coach without Brady.  

Sean Payton, Amazing coach as he won all of those Superbowls (1)! Oh and don't forget his 3 years of mediocrity as Offensive Cooridinator with the NYG.

Dude is an average coach.  His first 4 years as a QB coach were mediocre too.

BREES was why he was successful. He would have been nothing without Brees.

Right the coach can make the difference. We agree.  I think Wilson will have a better season under Payton. So we agree.  

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:26 PM, justforbeer said:

We shall see, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. 

• Confused 1

On 8/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, FrancieFootball said:

Yep, bad QB play and bad coaching so you’re pretty much blew that one. 
maybe there’s fantasy soccer for ya?

meanwhile, TUA WENT OFF! 
also, Pittman had a nice game too.

On 8/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, FrancieFootball said:

Could I have been any more right on this??
Can it get any worse?
70-20?

Broncos are 0-3 and embarrassing.

Unless you got some lucky picks, I am guessing your team is in shambles….

On 8/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, weepaws said:

Right the coach can make the difference. We agree.  I think Wilson will have a better season under Payton. So we agree.  

Not aging well….

Wilson is avg 4 more points per game then last season.   I think it’s aging well.  

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2023 at 10:06 AM, weepaws said:

Wilson is avg 4 more points per game then last season.   I think it’s aging well.  

How much do you like R wilson and his coach?

I just want to hear you say it again.  😆

Belechik is a joke these days…..how embarrassing! Time to head out to pasture…..be fore he totally destroys the image Tom Brady created for him!

On 8/3/2023 at 10:39 AM, weepaws said:

See Belichick.  

Man, payton really showed Hackett eh?!  Lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

How much do you like R wilson and his coach?

I just want to hear you say it again.  😆

Belechik is a joke these days…..how embarrassing! Time to head out to pasture…..be fore he totally destroys the image Tom Brady created for him!

Never said I like them, said Wilson will do better with his new coach, and he’s still avg four more points per game in ff. So I say if you own him you’re happy then if you did last season.  HTH.  

13 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Man, payton really showed Hackett eh?!  Lol

Sure did, Wilson is avg four more points per game.  HTH.  Ask for more advice anytime.  

Thanks.  

On 6/22/2023 at 10:20 AM, Showboat said:

Russ?

Wilson is playing with heart not mad at him

On 8/2/2023 at 1:54 PM, justforbeer said:

Bounce Back Players

TE - WALLER

Tua so far…..3457 yards, 24 tds

On pace for 4,800 yds and 34 Tds.

come on now! I nailed it!

aside from injuries….these predictions were in point!

He’s avg .8 more points per game in ff, so he’s the same as he was last season, but look is lack of road success in ff.  He’s put up some really bad games on the road.  

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

He’s avg .8 more points per game in ff, so he’s the same as he was last season, but look is lack of road success in ff.  He’s put up some really bad games on the road.  

I believe word for word my point was "if he plays a full season".

Also, what QB has not had bad games TUA 9,12,13.  Mahomes 5,14,15, Dak 5,6,16, Hurts 13,18 Herbert 8,6,12 & Allen 10,16,17 have all had bad games.....

He is going to be a top 10 QB this year.  

7 hours ago, justforbeer said:

I believe word for word my point was "if he plays a full season".

Also, what QB has not had bad games TUA 9,12,13.  Mahomes 5,14,15, Dak 5,6,16, Hurts 13,18 Herbert 8,6,12 & Allen 10,16,17 have all had bad games.....

He is going to be a top 10 QB this year.  

R Wilson is avg 1:7 more points per game better then last season. Plus how do you think the Broncos look with their new coach not named Hackett.   Now Wilson is the better bounce back ff candidate over Tua.

Tua avg .8 more points per game then last season , he’s have the same ff season.   

Head to head Tua beat his a$$ by 50 points. Are you kidding me right now?

Also, the fins are 9-3 clear division winners, and the Broncos are 6-6 and have lost some really ugly games. 

let’s keep in mind a lot of Wilson’s stats have been trying to come back after being abysmal the first half. 

This is about bounce back, Wilson is avg almost 2 points more per game then last season, Tua is avg 1 point more per game.  Wilson is the winner.  

Thanks.  

On 12/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, justforbeer said:

Also, the fins are 9-3 clear division winners, and the Broncos are 6-6 and have lost some really ugly games. 

let’s keep in mind a lot of Wilson’s stats have been trying to come back after being abysmal the first half. 

Great game , I bet plenty of ff owners are happy.  

On 12/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, justforbeer said:

On 12/12/2023 at 12:11 AM, weepaws said:

Great game , I bet plenty of ff owners are happy.  

Another game, same low end results, Wilson wins, hows it going?n

Here it goes….

it’s semi finals this weekend.

If I win this, then off to the championship!

Riding with my lineup….. let’s go Tua and Mostert!

would be nice to see AJ Brown, and Kelce do something!

Not seeing much difference with Wilson this year. 

• Thanks 1

Not much from last year, but Wilson is avg 1:5 more points per game this season.  

Tua is avg .4 less than last yr.  

so a little difference is much better than a little worst.