Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Pacheco may start training camp on PUP list

hes another guy who is recovering from an injury.    not a good sign if hes on the PUP.

I guess the good news is... its not an ACL or an achilles or something of the like.   there is still hope for him but I dont like seeing someone on the PUP before camp begins.

7 hours ago, League Champion said:

That was the only reason they brought Helaire back. Hopefully it's not too long though. I do have a couple Helaire shares 

This is the last year of his rookie contract.  They just didn't pick up the 5th year option for next year, and why would they with what they've seen.   But there wasn't any reason to cut him heading into this season.   This will be his year to prove he deserves another contract in the league. 

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

This is the last year of his rookie contract.  They just didn't pick up the 5th year option for next year, and why would they with what they've seen.   But there wasn't any reason to cut him heading into this season.   This will be his year to prove he deserves another contract in the league. 

Agreed. Helaire is serviceable and can start in a pinch.

hes just not ideal.    and on a rookie contract guys like that still make sense in terms of keeping them on the roster.   if you had to sign him on the open market at much more than the rookie wage then you'd question whether you want him.   

What's his injury?  :dunno:

I sorta like Pacheco - Chiefs 7th round afterthought draft pick in 2022, to starter in 2023. Doesn't catch and doesn't run much either because Chiefs don't play that way.  Safe for 10+- fantasy points every week, but gonna need about 8 TDs to justify his adp (6th rd) which he should get. Just not much more.

I think of him as a low rb3, like him more as a high rb4, I think his overall adp is about two rounds to high, I would rather reach for D Harris.  

I traded him on my dynasty team a while back

The Chiefs will have RBBC once again

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think of him as a low rb3, like him more as a high rb4, I think his overall adp is about two rounds to high, I would rather reach for D Harris.  

Based on my mocks on ESPN and Yahoo, I consistently get Harris in the 9th round and sometimes 10th.

But we need to keep that one on the down low. I think Harris is looking at 10+ Tds.  :ninja:

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

What's his injury?

I heard he got banged up pretty good last season and I think it was shoulder surgery in the end.  but he had other injuries he was rehabbing as well.

I'd assume it was the shoulder that hasnt yet healed properly but I cannot say for sure.

9 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

What's his injury?  :dunno:

I sorta like Pacheco - Chiefs 7th round afterthought draft pick in 2022, to starter in 2023. Doesn't catch and doesn't run much either because Chiefs don't play that way.  Safe for 10+- fantasy points every week, but gonna need about 8 TDs to justify his adp (6th rd) which he should get. Just not much more.

Surgery on his shoulder and hand in the offseason.   I think he played in the super bowl with a broken hand.   Stud.

Not that CEH is a bad player, but has any RB ever been set up for success as much as him?

Plays in a college offense with Burrow, Jefferson & Chase.  Gets drafted by Reid and Mahomes is his QB.  His NFL career should have been much more productive by now.

No question.  

1 hour ago, makindollaz said:

Not that CEH is a bad player, but has any RB ever been set up for success as much as him?

Plays in a college offense with Burrow, Jefferson & Chase.  Gets drafted by Reid and Mahomes is his QB.  His NFL career should have been much more productive by now.

Agree, he's a JAG. He does nothing special 

5 hours ago, makindollaz said:

There is no question.... everyone was expecting far more from him than he has delivered so far.

Myself included.

26 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

There is no question.... everyone was expecting far more from him than he has delivered so far.

Myself included.

Agree. He looks nothing like the player he was in college. I'm not sure if injuries caught up to him or what but he's hardly pedestrian anymore. 

Rookie season CEH was a low rd one pick in ff, lots of people were fooled.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Rookie season CEH was a low rd one pick in ff, lots of people were fooled.  

he was actually decent that year(for a rookie).   not spectacular, but decent.    you normally expect rookies dont always break out in year 1 so I was encouraged.   but after that it has been mediocre.  He has shown no improvement in his game (at least from a fantasy perspective) and may have gotten worse.

so yeah, big disappointment.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

he was actually decent that year(for a rookie).   not spectacular, but decent.    you normally expect rookies dont always break out in year 1 so I was encouraged.   but after that it has been mediocre.  He has shown no improvement in his game (at least from a fantasy perspective) and may have gotten worse.

so yeah, big disappointment.

Decline was real quick, I think in his first nfl game they gave him the ball three straight times at the goal line and he couldn’t get it done, come Tuesday those that had bought him, where shopping.  

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Decline was real quick, I think in his first nfl game they gave him the ball three straight times at the goal line and he couldn’t get it done, come Tuesday those that had bought him, where shopping.  

from that perspective, I never was under the illusion that he was gonna be a guy you use at the goal line unless you are doing an outside run or throwing the ball.

from what I saw, he never had the power to move the pile in college so I didnt think this would be a strength in the pros. 

but I did think they'd use him as a scat back and send him out as an extra receiver in goal line situations to create some mismatches in the secondary.   so pairing him up  with a bruiser in the backfield seemed like an option that could work.    but clearly it didnt as he never really lit it up on the TD.

Pacheco runs hard - he’s another guy I think you will see decline by his 3rd season. 

10 hours ago, DrG said:

Pacheco runs hard - he’s another guy I think you will see decline by his 3rd season. 

I totally agree. I doubt he makes it to a 2nd contract. He's very replaceable. 

On 8/1/2023 at 8:28 PM, League Champion said:

I totally agree. I doubt he makes it to a 2nd contract. He's very replaceable. 

Heard interesting topic the other day.... how many teams in the modern NFL gave their Rb a long-term 2nd contract, and was later happy they did it? 

I drew a blank.

15 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Heard interesting topic the other day.... how many teams in the modern NFL gave their Rb a long-term 2nd contract, and was later happy they did it? 

I drew a blank.

Yeah, I feel like those days are over. It seems like a 28 year old running back is ancient now, but they're not. That's why JT and Jacobs need to be careful. Teams aren't looking to spend on a RB, there's no need to. 

The Eagles for example have 5 running backs under contract and are paying under 7 million total for all of them combined. And I guarantee they'll be in the top 5 rushing this season, again. 

It's foolish to give a RB big money in today's NFL.