Sign in to follow this  
jackjohn

Keeper, Pacheco or Etienne?

10 team ppr

Keeping Lamb in the 4th and Pierce in the 9th. I have to choose between Etienne in the 5th and Pacheco in the 14th. I'm leaning Etienne as there seem to be some rb3 in the double digit rounds, and Pacheco doesn't seem to have more than rb2 upside. Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, jackjohn said:

10 team ppr

Keeping Lamb in the 4th and Pierce in the 9th. I have to choose between Etienne in the 5th and Pacheco in the 14th. I'm leaning Etienne as there seem to be some rb3 in the double digit rounds, and Pacheco doesn't seem to have more than rb2 upside. Thoughts? 

I think Pacheco has a max upside low end RB1 but only because of the offense he is in.

on most other teams its that of a high end RB2.

Etienne does have higher upside in my opinion.   he came back from a terrible injury last year (which still concerns me some) and played well. 

the spread in terms of what you give up to keep each does make this a tough decision, but in cases like this I usually go with the player with the higher upside overall. (which is Etienne)

Etienne 

I'd favor Pacheco because I think he's going to have a more productive offense, opportunities, and TD's.  That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with Etienne.  I wouldn't fault you for keeping him instead.  While Pacheco is on a better offense, Etienne has a team with limited weapons.  He could be used a lot more.  The downside to that is higher risk of injury.  That's the part that makes me favor Pacheco, but as I said, I think your fine with keeping Etienne.

48 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'd favor Pacheco because I think he's going to have a more productive offense, opportunities, and TD's.  That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with Etienne.  I wouldn't fault you for keeping him instead.  While Pacheco is on a better offense, Etienne has a team with limited weapons.  He could be used a lot more.  The downside to that is higher risk of injury.  That's the part that makes me favor Pacheco, but as I said, I think your fine with keeping Etienne.

and hes already had one major injury.

thats where I would say this is a virtual tie.   if he can stay healthy I think Etienne is the better choice but this is a bit of a question mark for me which is why I have them ranked about the same given the situation.   like I said in my previous post, I give the tie breaker to Etienne as he has the higher ceiling but its close.

This is a good one and I think people have it pegged correctly that it is a toss-up. Here is my two cents for what it is worth: Pacheco feels safer mostly because I anticipate that the goal- line is his. Etienne's goal-line efficiency was pretty terrible last year. It is tough to say if Tank Bigsby's impact will be real or not but if he gets a majority of the goal line work and he is considered the receiving back then that has a significant impact on Etienne's upside. I expect the Jags offense to be strong this year and the gap between them and the chiefs doesn't feel as significant as is being touted. If Etienne gets a majority of the work in the passing game and keeps a decent chunk of the goal-line work I would say his ceiling is a bit higher but alas that is the concern. 

Not a big fan of Pacheco in Ppr, but you could potentially draft a similar talent to Etienne in the 5th rd. In the 14th no one close to Pacheco’s value will be available…

• Like 2

I like Pacheco at his adp. Etienne's adp is 4 rounds too early for me.  But that's redraft. 

In keeper, I'd hold Pacheco. If he does well this year the future is bright. Obviously I expect Etienne to massively disappoint, and if Tank lives up to hype, Etienne's future gets murky.

Still, tough call. Might wanna flip a coin so if ya regret the decision over the next 3+ years, you can blame the coin. :doh:

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Not a big fan of Pacheco in Ppr, but you could potentially draft a similar talent to Etienne in the 5th rd. In the 14th no one close to Pacheco’s value will be available…

actually this is a good point I think I may pull a flip flop and say Pacheco is the guy.   if you have a fair chance of actually getting Etienne back, this may actually overrule everything.

Pacheco in the 14th rd is a good deal, even better value then Etienne in the 5th, in a ppr I’m still taking Etienne, this will be his second season since his injury.  I like Bigsby a lot, but I do think Etienne will be given every opportunity to prove he’s worth the draft pick they spent on him.     Plus I’m not a big fan of Pacheco game.  

Etiene. He's just better

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to see the consensus is about the same as I've been thinking. I do have the 2nd overall pick this year, with Chase, Jefferson, Kupp, and Hill all being kept, ill probably pick Mccaffery or Ekeler. Then I was thinking of going wr, wr or wr,rb at the 2-3 turn. 

So you’re keeping Etienne congrats, now make another better pick, and pick Ekeler over Mccaffery 

I am not a Pacheco fan at all but you definitely keep him at 14th round value, without question! That's a free pick 

Etienne is no value in the 5th, if you want him he'll probably be there anyway when you pick. 

4 hours ago, League Champion said:

I am not a Pacheco fan at all but you definitely keep him at 14th round value, without question! That's a free pick 

Etienne is no value in the 5th, if you want him he'll probably be there anyway when you pick. 

Etienne is going in the early/mid 3rd round in re-drafts and in a keeper league where people are keeping at least 1 player, that means he'd go in the 2nd round in their draft.  That's a 3 round value for a guy who should be a high-end RB2 / low-end RB1.  Not knowing the league rules, he may be able to keep him 1 more year.  If he throws him back, he's probably not getting Etienne back if he has to wait 20 picks to get his 2nd round pick.  I'd rather have Etienne with the possibility of keeping him 1 more year than Pacheco who will probably be my RB3 that I may or may not start most weeks and probably not even keep him next year.

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Etienne is going in the early/mid 3rd round in re-drafts and in a keeper league where people are keeping at least 1 player, that means he'd go in the 2nd round in their draft.  That's a 3 round value for a guy who should be a high-end RB2 / low-end RB1.  Not knowing the league rules, he may be able to keep him 1 more year.  If he throws him back, he's probably not getting Etienne back if he has to wait 20 picks to get his 2nd round pick.  I'd rather have Etienne with the possibility of keeping him 1 more year than Pacheco who will probably be my RB3 that I may or may not start most weeks and probably not even keep him next year.

But Etienne is overvalued, even in that format. Bigsby is going to get a ton of those touches, he's built for it.

Pacheco essentially has the whole backfield to himself. It's an absolute no brainer for me. Throw Etienne back, grab McKinnon late and don't look back. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

But Etienne is overvalued, even in that format. Bigsby is going to get a ton of those touches, he's built for it.

Pacheco essentially has the whole backfield to himself. It's an absolute no brainer for me. Throw Etienne back, grab McKinnon late and don't look back. 

You may end up being right, but I don't agree with you.  I think Pacheco is a nice player, but I don't think he's great by any stretch.  I'm also not buying into a 3rd round rookie getting at ton of touches either.  I think the Jags found out that they had crap after Etienne and needed to add someone respectable to keep Etienne healthy.  I think Etienne is going to get 20 touches per game, I can't envision Pacheco getting 14.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You may end up being right, but I don't agree with you.  I think Pacheco is a nice player, but I don't think he's great by any stretch.  I'm also not buying into a 3rd round rookie getting at ton of touches either.  I think the Jags found out that they had crap after Etienne and needed to add someone respectable to keep Etienne healthy.  I think Etienne is going to get 20 touches per game, I can't envision Pacheco getting 14.

Etiennes ADP is 31 overall as per fftoday.

this is a 10 team league.   based on this, he should be taken in the early 4th round.   so there is a 1 round saving there.   not huge, but I do agree the guy has more talent than Pacheco.

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Etiennes ADP is 31 overall as per fftoday.

this is a 10 team league.   based on this, he should be taken in the early 4th round.   so there is a 1 round saving there.   not huge, but I do agree the guy has more talent than Pacheco.

Sorry, thanks.  I missed the 10-teamer.

27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sorry, thanks.  I missed the 10-teamer.

I kinda figured..... all good we sorted it out.