***2023 Fantasy Geek Balls League*** Season Thread

14 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Eat sh!t Burrow. Nice showing after getting that paycheck🤬

Same as Richard Hurts. 

Does Tyler Bass have 3 FGs in him? 

19 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Tyreek Hill.

:mad:

I was shocked he fell to 9. He certainly saved me from some mediocre or terrible performances this week. Although you could cut his score in half and I think i'd still be okay

• Like 1

11 hours ago, edjr said:

Same as Richard Hurts. 

Does Tyler Bass have 3 FGs in him? 

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: 

You got me this week @Alias Detective Let me know if you want to pay up each week or settle up at the end of week14. 

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Settle up at end of week 14.  👍

OP updated with score. 

I beat you boff :mad: 

1st on Waiver Wire. Whomst do I choose?

56 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

1st?!  try 11th.

:mad:  This is some bullchit. I had 12th pick, I get 1st WW. 

This better get fixed. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, edjr said:

:mad:  This is some bullchit. I had 12th pick, I get 1st WW. 

This better get fixed. 

must have been set to inverse order of week 1 finish :lol:

shit show!

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

must have been set to inverse order of week 1 finish :lol:

shit show!

@bostonlager  :mad:   

Is anyone opposed to fixing this to inverse of draft order or are people going to claim part of their draft strategy was to lose week 1 for waiver preference?

10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Is anyone opposed to fixing this to inverse of draft order or are people going to claim part of their draft strategy was to lose week 1 for waiver preference?

Fine with me. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

:first: 

13 minutes ago, posty said:

Thanks...

Aww, it says I don't have permission to view it...  Must be set as private...

Or you guys don't like me, which is very possible as well...

I am sure no one cares. 

16 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

prefer ww be based on w/l, points.

i think reverse draft order makes sense pre-kick off

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

This. 

17 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Every week or just the week that focks me?

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

It's more about what the setting was last year versus what was entered this year. 

A preference should have been brought up for vote to change during the off season.

usually reverse order of draft is the starting point and once you make a waiver claim you go to the back of the line. 

Resetting every week to inverse of standings (w/l, points) just rewards the worst performing teams. Again, if people prefer that, it would have been nice to bring up amongst all the proposed changes rather than just being silently set up that way. 

End of the day this is not that important to me but it also seems like a setting that no one can claim impacted their draft, thus an easy fix.  

1 minute ago, edjr said:

seriously?    i would be most impacted by "normal" ww rules with 1-0 and high score.

are you really wanting reverse draft order every week? come on.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

it is currently set up for reset EVERY week.

Waiver Order
Reset Each Week to Inverse Order of Standings

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

it is currently set up for reset EVERY week.

:lol:    🤡

I quit

Just now, Bier Meister said:

seriously?    i would be most impacted by "normal" ww rules with 1-0 and high score.

2021 rules were NOT reverse draft order every week. It starts out that way and once you make a claim you go to the back of the line

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

Don't be obtuse. There needs to be a starting point. That would be reverse of draft order.

Then the normal WW. If I use it, I go to 12. If I don't use it, I keep the #1 spot. 

ETA: Exactly what WW just said,. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

It's more about what the setting was last year versus what was entered this year. 

I work a lot and do not have the time to compare this year to last. if we go with last year's setting, that is fine.  

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

A preference should have been brought up for vote to change during the off season. 

i don't disagree. i don't have the time to review last year's setting vs this years

usually reverse order of draft is the starting point and once you make a waiver claim you go to the back of the line. 

I have seen this as well.  that would be fine

Resetting every week to inverse of standings (w/l, points) just rewards the worst performing teams. Again, if people prefer that, it would have been nice to bring up amongst all the proposed changes rather than just being silently set up that way. 

this is also common, and often is defaulted. i have not seen it having to be reset weekly.

End of the day this is not that important to me but it also seems like a setting that no one can claim impacted their draft, thus an easy fix.  

I work a lot and do not have the time to compare this year to last. if we go with last year's setting, that is fine.  

Reverse of draft order and then normal WW rules. 

The #1 WW is far more important than a win week 1.  What is to stop someone from tanking week 1 to get it? Dumb. 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Don't be obtuse. There needs to be a starting point. That would be reverse of draft order.

Then the normal WW. If I use it, I go to 12. If I don't use it, I keep the #1 spot. 

ETA: Exactly what WW just said,. 

didn't we run ww prior to week 1? that is where 12th should have had 1st ww.

once the games are played... either rolling ww, or by standings is how it should be

didn't we run ww prior to week 1? that is where 12th should have had 1st ww.

once the games are played... either rolling ww, or by standings is how it should be

Yes. I did not use it. Why would I lose the #1 spot? That is how WW works. 

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

We all (or most of us) work a lot. No offense but you had the time to propose 57 rule changes :dunno:.  I understand they were just proposals and I genuinely appreciate proposals to vote on if it improves the league

I agree with you that another common way to handle waivers is inverse of standings after week 1, but in this case, Lager set the espn league to reset each week. Meaning the last place team will get #1 priority every week. 

31 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

We all (or most of us) work a lot. No offense but you had the time to propose 57 rule changes :dunno:.  I understand they were just proposals and I genuinely appreciate proposals to vote on if it improves the league

there is a big difference between offering proposals and combing through two sets of settings.  I am 100% in favor of improving our league experience

I agree with you that another common way to handle waivers is inverse of standings after week 1, but in this case, Lager set the espn league to reset each week. Meaning the last place team will get #1 priority every week. 

I have no issue with that.  I also have no issue with setting it to whatever it was last year.

WW procedures was not something i paid much attention to last year.

So what is it going to be?

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I knew I had #1 spot so naturally saved it to keep it.

Id have used it if I knew I was going to lose it.

retarded,. 

I have just fixed everything. I changed the setting from "reset each week" to rolling.  I manually entered the waiver order based on the draft order. I also fixed a few things that were under the same umbrella.... ESPN non droppable list was set to yes... (this should always be no in the event of an injury), .... and trade veto was set to 5 votes.  Trades should never be struck down by vote or for any reason. In the event of clear collusion, then the LM can reverse the trade.    **This is all consistent with 2022**

None of these rules impacted anyone's draft.

If anyone has an issue with it, you can add removing me from the league to the list of things you'll vote on for next year :)

8 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I have just fixed everything. I changed the setting from "reset each week" to rolling.  I manually entered the waiver order based on the draft order. I also fixed a few things that were under the same umbrella.... ESPN non droppable list was set to yes... (this should always be no in the event of an injury), .... and trade veto was set to 5 votes.  Trades should never be struck down by vote or for any reason. In the event of clear collusion, then the LM can reverse the trade.    **This is all consistent with 2021**

None of these rules impacted anyone's draft.

If anyone has an issue with it, you can add removing me from the league to the list of things you'll vote on for next year :)

:doublethumbsup:

What is the rule as far as picking up a player and not losing your WW order. After Thursday?

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

What is the rule as far as picking up a player and not losing your WW order. After Thursday?

right.

is this ww, then fcfs fa?

It should be week WW that runs on wednesday (I think it's usually fairly early in the morning... like 4-5am EST...  and then FCFS after that)  Although some of these options may be gone now that the season has started.  

Either way, what we have now should be closest to 2022 rules. 

• Like 2