Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Trey Lance traded to Dallas...

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

did he really lose the backup job to Darnold?  or did they already decide to get rid of him before they brought Darnold in and this was their official reason to do it?

Maybe, but I know he didn’t win it. Darnold is horrible. 

No way Darnold is better than Trey Lance. I've watched Darnold and looked deep into his stats, and I watched Trey Lance and Darnold this preseason. It's Brock Purdy's show and that's why Lance was 3rd string, for a day, and then traded. Trey Lance is the same player that was the 49ers starter last year, played in a monsoon and then broke his ankle in the first quarter of game 2. He didn't lose his job, he got screwed over.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

No way Darnold is better than Trey Lance. I've watched Darnold and looked deep into his stats, and I watched Trey Lance and Darnold this preseason. It's Brock Purdy's show and that's why Lance was 3rd string, for a day, and then traded. Trey Lance is the same player that was the 49ers starter last year, played in a monsoon and then broke his ankle in the first quarter of game 2. He didn't lose his job, he got screwed over.

they did this so there wouldnt be a QB controversy.   my opinion.

Not saying Lance is great.   but I'm pretty sure hes better than Darnold.   this was planned months ago with the thought that this would be their reason to get rid of him.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

they did this so there wouldnt be a QB controversy.   my opinion.

Not saying Lance is great.   but I'm pretty sure hes better than Darnold.   this was planned months ago with the thought that this would be their reason to get rid of him.

I agree.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Christian Watson averaged 2.9 yards of separation per route. That is more than AJ Brown and Stephon Diggs averaged. Your film analysis could use some work…

Because he ran 9 routes every play.  

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

or he only watched one or two games.

sometimes when the sample size is small and the player plays better or worse than normal, you can get the impression the player is better (or worse) than he actually is.

I actually watched several Watson games.  

He has two routes.  Run straight or run a crosser against zone.

Thinking back to the pre-2021 draft. As reporters are trying glean information on whom teams will draft.

I cannot help but to recall that Kyle Shanahan seemed to be part uncomfortable, part wanting someone else, part being talked into taking who they drafted.
all the while thinking this guy doesn't seemed satisfied with whomever they have.

Wondering when they are going to address health of their team (niners seemed to have such a recurring injury theme. do they lack competent doctors and trainers)

I miss they days when NFL teams developed talent. When a QB was developed to start year 3. 

Hopefully Cowboys will do what appears the niners are incapable of.

Niners are like school is in summer, No Class.

Just now, LunaTick said:

Thinking back to the pre-2021 draft. As reporters are trying glean information on whom teams will draft.

I cannot help but to recall that Kyle Shanahan seemed to be part uncomfortable, part wanting someone else, part being talked into taking who they drafted.
all the while thinking this guy doesn't seemed satisfied with whomever they have.

Wondering when they are going to address health of their team (niners seemed to have such a recurring injury theme. do they lack competent doctors and trainers)

I miss they days when NFL teams developed talent. When a QB was developed to start year 3. 

That draft was bizarre.  Maybe not being to see people as much because of covid hurt evaluations.

Between Zach Wilson and Trey going as high as they did, I thought Justin Fields must've been a serial killer or something.  I mean why take Lance when you can take Fields?  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nobody said:

I actually watched several Watson games.  

He has two routes.  Run straight or run a crosser against zone.

I know he had a limited route tree, but this is very limited.

3 hours ago, LunaTick said:

Shanahan's an idiot play caller; he runs his Receiver Deebo constantly meaning he gets hit occasionally by defensive lineman. Trey Lance got hurt because the play call was QB up the middle. Unfortunately, he probably hasn't learned so I worry about Purdy's health all season.

All 4 SF QBs got hurt last year: Trey Lance, Jimmy G, and then in one final playoff game both Brock Purdy and Josh Johnson got hurt. No other team in the league comes close to as many injuries as 49ers QBs, and it didn't just start last year, Trey Lance and Jimmy G before last year got hurt also.

Shanny is a bad for qbs now.

Matt Shaub was a pro bowler under him

Robert Griffen had his only good year under him

Matt Ryan became an MVP under him

But shanny somehow ruined trey lance.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

No one is saying Shanahan ruined trey lance. Trey Lance is not ruined..

3 hours ago, nobody said:

I think Shanny just doesnt like running QB's.

thats the bottom line.

3 hours ago, Gepetto said:

No one is saying Shanahan ruined trey lance. Trey Lance is not ruined..

This is so funny!

You can’t ruin something that was already garbage. 
I’m not sure what you’re looking at that tells you he was some fabulous quarterback. College, essentially his one year with North Dakota state he played against a bunch of crappy teams and still averaged 175 yards passing a game with 1.75 TDs passing.  
Sure, he ran for 70 yards & a td a game. But he’s a quarterback not a running back.

there’s nothing that says he’s a great quarterback. During his one year of college, he played against a bunch of high school teams essentially. And when he played against the best of that division, he was less than average.  he only had one 300 yard game in his career.  And that was with Christian Watson as his wide receiver!  

I will just state this

Trey Lance development. I don't think Shanahan bought in. Don't think he cared if the guy succeeded or not. Is clear isn't about development (like Green Bay did with Rodgers)
Maybe he develops. There are a number of QB that have had a career. But maybe not of the franchise qb. Too early to know. Not enough data to go off on. 
Just state that pre NIL, he got his contract. not bad

Health issues. Past 10 years that organization has had high skilled players constantly being banged up and not able to finish seasons. 
I don't know why
1. is it field conditions (a game year in AZ scary)
2. is it training
3. is it plays / play calling

Don't know what it is, but happens more frequently there than anywhere.

One person I know who is not ruined is Taysom Hill. Best QB, RB, TE, and quasi WR on his team. His special teams are even on fleek.