Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Kevin O'Leary warns chaos is about to begin for US economy

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hey good argument man! 

Why would I argue with someone who believes Biden's policies have had absolutely zero impact on inflation. It would be a massive waste of my time to argue with somebody that dumb. 

:dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Why would I argue with someone who believes Biden's policies have had absolutely zero impact on inflation. It would be a massive waste of my time to argue with somebody that dumb. 

:dunno:

Please explain why inflation is a world wide phenomenon and higher in most other western countries than it is here? How did Biden make the price of eggs go up in Sweden? 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

We need to improve the economy. How do we do that? I say we do it through more spending, not less. This is where conservatives get it totally wrong IMO. We need a huge government  investment in our economy. I would start with nuclear fusion. We also need major immigration reform and student debt relief. 

Cheaper energy would be massive in getting costs down. This is where Dems need to come around on supporting nuclear energy options.

Hard disagree on more spending. The increased govt spending has devalued the dollar which is a driving factor for inflation.

I'm ok with student loan forgiveness if it comes from the universities and not the tax payer.  In its current state student loan forgiveness is a regressive tax, which liberals have historically been against, but are good with it now.

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Please explain why inflation is a world wide phenomenon and higher in most other western countries than it is here? How did Biden make the price of eggs go up in Sweden? 

Because the US can be energy independent and totally independent if it wanted to be. The overwhelming majority of countries can not say that and therefore are at the mercy of other economies.

Child poverty rate is up dramatically under Biden. That’s because he decided to let the expanded child tax credit expire. He had other priorities. Like Ukraine, his buddies in the failing green energy sector and Illegal immigrants. 

25 minutes ago, Reality said:

Irrelevant, you're wrong.

So inflation started taking off in April '21.  Just weeks after Biden's $1,9T covid relief plan and before a dime of any of his legislation had been spent.  Trump on the other hand signed covid relief bills of $1.9T in spring '20 and $900B in December '20.  Covid also destroyed supply chains during '20.

Now exactly how did Biden cause the inflation that started before a dime of his legislation was spent?

And before you say energy prices, in '23 we will produce more domestic energy than at any time in US history.

Trump also gave the rich a massive tax cut greatly increasing the number of dollars in consumers hands while crying to the Fed to keep rates near zero.

Tell us again how Biden is responsible for inflation? 

I hope facts don't hurt your feelings friend.  Cause I just laid the smackdown on your argument that Biden caused inflation. 

19 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

So inflation started taking off in April '21.  Just weeks after Biden's $1,9T covid relief plan and before a dime of any of his legislation had been spent.  Trump on the other hand signed covid relief bills of $1.9T in spring '20 and $900B in December '20.  Covid also destroyed supply chains during '20.

Now exactly how did Biden cause the inflation that started before a dime of his legislation was spent?

And before you say energy prices, in '23 we will produce more domestic energy than at any time in US history.

Trump also gave the rich a massive tax cut greatly increasing the number of dollars in consumers hands while crying to the Fed to keep rates near zero.

Tell us again how Biden is responsible for inflation? 

I hope facts don't hurt your feelings friend.  Cause I just laid the smackdown on your argument that Biden caused inflation. 

Trump's fault, got it. Biden's inflation reduction act, maybe you've heard of it, how's that going?

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Trump's fault, got it. Biden's inflation reduction act, maybe you've heard of it, how's that going?

Lol, what's inflation now vs a year ago friend?

I'd say it's working quite well.  As is his not crying to the Fed about raising rates.

Like you know who did all the time, during "booming" times.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Lol, what's inflation now vs a year ago friend?

It's higher. I understand that simple minds are probably confused by the shiny graphs they like to show but, inflation is up year over year.

Your comment explains quite a bit, thanks for the insight #aliasguy14. :wave:

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's higher. I understand that simple minds are probably confused by the shiny graphs they like to show but, inflation is up year over year.

Your comment explains quite a bit, thanks for the insight #aliasguy14. :wave:

The RATE of inflation is down quite significantly since steps were taken to reign in what Trump caused.

You realize that even with 2% inflation YOY prices go up right?

Biden has fixed what Trump screwed up despite the alt right wanting to blame Biden for the inflation that Trump's reckless spending caused.  That'd be like blaming Obama for the economic collapse in 2008 because he happened to be president when it happened.  Or GWB for 911 because he was president when it happened.

You're welcome for me educating you friend. 

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

The RATE of inflation is down quite significantly since steps were taken to reign in what Trump caused.

Biden has fixed what Trump screwed up despite the alt right wanting to blame Biden for the inflation that Trump's reckless spending caused.  That'd be like blaming Obama for the economic collapse in 2008 because he happened to be president when it happened.  Or GWB for 911 because he was president when it happened.

This is embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Reality said:

This is embarrassing. 

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Let's start with you explaining why you think Biden caused the inflation that happened less than 3 months after he took office and Trump added $8T to the debt.

50 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Let's start with you explaining why you think Biden caused the inflation that happened less than 3 months after he took office and Trump added $8T to the debt.

Trump!!! :cry:

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

democrats:  trump caused the inflation that happened on bidens term!
also democrats:  even though the economy was crashing late in clintons second term, the dotcom crash was all bush's fault!

The harm done by Biden to the economy is not going to be easily remedied.

Setting aside his influence in the likely removal of the dollar as the reserve currency.

His reckless energy policy coupled with pumping money in when inflation was obvious is just despicable.

3 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

His reckless policy on energy alone was a key action. There is not a one-for-one relationship between his inane actions and inflation.

Consider this….Biden absolutely loves to blame Trump for just about anything. And yet….when it was clear that inflation was rising he did not blame Trump at all.

Instead he pretended it wasn’t happening. He knew…..he damn well knew what he was doing and the obvious move to just blame Trump never entered his mind or even that of his handlers.

They assumed that their actions were “good” and all this inflation hubbaloo was nothing at all….he’ll, even when it started hitting people hard they called it “transitory”…..instead of just blaming Trunp

They knew what they doing….. all along….and lied to us over and over