Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Gibbs

I know fftoday has a rating for him.  I agree with the fantasy point total, but given that detroit has been moving him around the formation on pass plays I think the stat line is tipped.

I think he gets more fantasy points on pass plays and less on run plays.  so If I'm right he will overproduce relative to the projection in PPR a bit.

maybe I'm nitpicking but I dont think he gets as many  yards on the ground and I think he gets more passes and more yards in the pass game.

Any Detroit homers want to chime in on this?

Last time I read an email about Gibbs, was that the Lions will use more often and in more different ways then most think. How that will look I don’t know, but if you own him, I would play him Vs KC. 

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Last time I read an email about Gibbs, was that the Lions will use more often and in more different ways then most think. How that will look I don’t know, but if you own him, I would play him Vs KC. 

its actually possible that both RB's could be legit starts some weeks

Gibbs will get receptions and a good share of carries, but Tds?

FFtoday projects 8. I think that's optimistic. I'd set his td total over/under at 5.5.

It’s been said over the summer just how great of an ADP Montgomery had, so I agree both can be good starts some games.  I think it wouldn’t be a good ideal to expect Montgomery to get the same about of short yardage tds like J Williams did, I’m so sure how often a team has had players do that in back to back seasons.  

And I do think Gibbs will cut Into Montgomery early down work and short yardage work more then Swift did.  

Thanks. 

15 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Gibbs will get receptions and a good share of carries, but Tds?

FFtoday projects 8. I think that's optimistic. I'd set his td total over/under at 5.5.

he will break some long ones.   but you are right he probably gets 1 or 2 less TD and less work on the ground game but he will also probably catch more balls than what they predict.   in the end I still think its close to being a wash.

I thought Gibbs would get more touches. Disappointed.  But both Gibbs and Montgomery will get a lot of usage.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I thought Gibbs would get more touches. Disappointed.  But both Gibbs and Montgomery will get a lot of usage.  

This is what I expected from Gibbs.  He had decent production last year at Alabama…because it was Alabama.  But he wasn’t used as a bell cow last year the way most Alabama backs have been…that was a big red flag for me. He’s not going to be consistent this year…more of a headache.  As soon as he has his first TD he should be traded if possible.

7 hours ago, JagFan said:

This is what I expected from Gibbs.  He had decent production last year at Alabama…because it was Alabama.  But he wasn’t used as a bell cow last year the way most Alabama backs have been…that was a big red flag for me. He’s not going to be consistent this year…more of a headache.  As soon as he has his first TD he should be traded if possible.

Thanks, that indeed might be the case. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

hes a rookie in his first game as a pro.

I thought his usage was fine.   as he adjusts to the pro game his touches will increase as the season wears on.   It may take a little more time than some of us thought but this is well within the range of what I was expecting.

I honestly dont think its totally reasonable to expect a rookie to start with a full workload.    I know it happens but that shouldnt be the expectation.   I thought the defenses for the most part were pretty decent too and that makes it a little harder to justify playing the rookie in a close game.

rest assured, things will get better eventually.  you just need to be patient.

2 rec , that blows, Gibbs knows better then that.  Nine touches overall not acceptable.  

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Looked to me like he could be a Kamara. Give it a few weeks fellas :lol:

I thought he looked really good as well. I don’t have him on any of my teams, not really by choice, it just worked our that way. It’s a risk when you don’t know what his role will be until they play the games. Same situation as Robinson except you’re spending a 1st round pick on a player without knowing what his role will be. Paterson and Allgeier have been productive and have earned a role in this offense. I can’t really blame anyone for taking the chance, the upside is hard to ignor.

6 hours ago, rilett said:

I thought he looked really good as well. I don’t have him on any of my teams, not really by choice, it just worked our that way. It’s a risk when you don’t know what his role will be until they play the games. Same situation as Robinson except you’re spending a 1st round pick on a player without knowing what his role will be. Paterson and Allgeier have been productive and have earned a role in this offense. I can’t really blame anyone for taking the chance, the upside is hard to ignor.

1st round? Haven’t seen that happen in any draft, real or mock. His ADP was mid-3rd when most drafted.

He looks like a talented RB.

Quick, elusive, fast! A big play waiting to happen! That means he's gonna get the ball some, but his fantasy production will be streaky.

For the time being though, I think he's gonna be stuck in the same muck a big majority of RBs are. That is RBBC, with ever changing roles.

I think they're gonna have a Zeke/Tony Pollard kind of set up. That is Montgomery will get the bulk of the between the tackles carries, and at the end zone. While they will give Gibbs several touches a game in space for big plays. That will mean more screen passes, dump offs, etc. too for PPR purposes.

Overall, the Lions have a great OL and pretty good WR corps. While Goff isn't Mahomes or Josh Allen, he can sling it with the best of em when he's got protection and somebody to throw it to. I expect they will use both RBs plenty. Gibbs will have his big games but he'll have his off games too. Most weeks I think he's a flex play.

7 hours ago, pipeman said:

1st round? Haven’t seen that happen in any draft, real or mock. His ADP was mid-3rd when most drafted.

Not sure where you are playing. In the FFPC where I play his ADP is 1.7 I’m in 12 leagues and the lowest he was drafted was 1.8 

He needs to pick  up is game.  Coach said it was by design that Gibbs had a small amount of touches, more to come.  He’s going to be golden going forward.  The Lions will need his big play ability, Montgomery rush avg of 3:7 is a good sign for Gibbs. 

4 hours ago, rilett said:

Not sure where you are playing. In the FFPC where I play his ADP is 1.7 I’m in 12 leagues and the lowest he was drafted was 1.8 

My Fantasy League- 23. ESPN-33. Fantasy Data-34. Draft Sharks-34. Fan Trax-40. FF Today-33. NFFC- 39.

Any of these sound familiar?

5 hours ago, rilett said:

Never saw Gibbs value in the first rd.  

1 hour ago, pipeman said:

My Fantasy League- 23. ESPN-33. Fantasy Data-34. Draft Sharks-34. Fan Trax-40. FF Today-33. NFFC- 39.

FF Today has him as the 6th overall RB, sorry but players like that especially RB don’t go in the 3rd round. The last mock draft the “experts” on this site did he went with the 11th pick in the first round 

1 hour ago, pipeman said:

Something ain't adding up. We talking about the same player - Bijan Robinson - Falcons 1st round pick this year, 8th overall?  Consistently drafted 1st or 2nd round... usually 1st.

I think it's too early, but that's his adp. :dunno:

ETA - clearly you must've confused the poster's quote and are referring to Gibbs adp.

18 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Something ain't adding up. We talking about the same player - Bijan Robinson - Falcons 1st round pick this year, 8th overall?  Consistently drafted 1st or 2nd round... usually 1st.

I think it's too early, but that's his adp. :dunno:

ETA - clearly you must've confused the poster's quote and are referring to Gibbs adp.

Bijan Robertson is the RB I said was going in the first round. 

1 hour ago, rilett said:

Bijan Robertson is the RB I said was going in the first round. 

I know, but I think pipeman mistakenly thought you meant Gibbs.

Who’s on first.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I know, but I think pipeman mistakenly thought you meant Gibbs.

Apologies. Definitely thought we were referring to Gibbs.

3 hours ago, pipeman said:

Apologies. Definitely thought we were referring to Gibbs.

No problem, good luck this season 

Kissy kissy that’s so cute.