Sign in to follow this  
Vtfanatic

Thoughts on TE after week 1

Appears many new QBs are relying on TEs (Arizona, Carolina)  Also Logan Thomas appeared to have major role in Bienemy offense.  Does he play a role similar to Kelce?  Sam LaPorta, is he the new Hockenson?

thoughts from others?

Double digit rounds that’s when it’s best to draft a TEs 

29 minutes ago, Vtfanatic said:

Appears many new QBs are relying on TEs (Arizona, Carolina)  Also Logan Thomas appeared to have major role in Bienemy offense.  Does he play a role similar to Kelce?  Sam LaPorta, is he the new Hockenson?

thoughts from others?

Hockenson wasn't an amazing fantasy asset in Detroit. He greatly took off to his potential after being traded to Minny.  (not saying he was bad or that LaPorta isn't worth anything, just think it's worth mentioning).

Hurst could be very valuable this year and may be available on a number of waiver wires. 

Ertz got the targets but low value ones. That offense may be a mess all season. I think he is still worth a TE2 roster spot just based on potential volume. 

I agree, Hayden Hurst looks like he's gonna be Bryce Young's security blanket in Carolina. At least for the time being.

It's not like they're loaded with receiving talent. He could be a solid starter

Thoughts on TE after week 1…

There is one elite guy (Kelce)

Then there is the poor man’s Kelce (Andrews) 

Then 5 guys you can talk yourself into being top tier options (Waller, Kittle, Hockenson, Pitts, Goedert) of which at least 2 will bust and one will likely be injured most of the year. 

Then a whole load of guys you think “this year might be the year!”, take an upside swing, and then you realise that the position is as much of a dumpster fire as ever. 

Of that final group there will probably be one TE who doesn’t make you hate yourself. 

That guy will get hurt and you’ll end up playing Gerald Everett or CJ Uzomah for several weeks like you did the past 7 years. 

• Haha 1

In my redraft league, I have Higbee and Freiermuth. A few sitting out there to go after, Henry, Hurst, and Musgrave. Figured I'd hang onto Higbee and dump Freiermuth. Thoughts? 

One doesn’t need two TEs, unless you must start two TEs 

4 hours ago, show me the murray said:

Thoughts on TE after week 1…

There is one elite guy (Kelce)

Then there is the poor man’s Kelce (Andrews) 

Then 5 guys you can talk yourself into being top tier options (Waller, Kittle, Hockenson, Pitts, Goedert) of which at least 2 will bust and one will likely be injured most of the year. 

Then a whole load of guys you think “this year might be the year!”, take an upside swing, and then you realise that the position is as much of a dumpster fire as ever. 

Of that final group there will probably be one TE who doesn’t make you hate yourself. 

That guy will get hurt and you’ll end up playing Gerald Everett or CJ Uzomah for several weeks like you did the past 7 years. 

So nothing changed after week 1

2 hours ago, JediMaster said:

Figured I'd hang onto Higbee and dump Freiermuth. Thoughts? 

Umm no. 

Durham Smythe is a TE I’d keep my eye on in super deep leagues. He plays in one of the most explosive offenses in the league and was out there for all 62/62 snaps on offense.

You compare that to TEs like hurst and irv smith who both played in only 53% and I’ll take the guy who’s on the field every single play.

He had 7 targets in week 1. 

LaPorta is the next Kelce. 

Kelce declines. He should retire while on the top of the list but that's his deal. HOF. 

Pitts is the pits. 

Thought on TE after week 2...

Kyle Pitts is a complete pile of 🐎💩

Biggest draft bust TE in history!

Where are all these scouts and experts that said he was a generational talent, gonna redefine the TE position?  😄

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Thought on TE after week 2...

Kyle Pitts is a complete pile of 🐎💩

Biggest draft bust TE in history!

Where are all these scouts and experts that said he was a generational talent, gonna redefine the TE position?  😄

There still around  making excuses for him per usual 

57 minutes ago, rilett said:

There still around  making excuses for him per usual 

I just know the first week I bench him, he's finally gonna have that big game 😄

Wait until the double digit rounds to draft one.