Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Breece Hall ranked higher than Connor and White?

I was that guy saying Hall's adp was too high because he's coming off the acl. 

Week 1) 127 yds on 10 carries. Even if ya take away the 83 yd run, he still averaged 4.9 yds per carry. Incredible. The poor history of Rbs off acl's still makes me nervous about re-injury, but while healthy Hall is a beast. Clearly the Jets were holding him back letting Cook out carry him and getting an extra target.  But Cook looked.... cooked. Vikings may have gotten out at the right time.

This week Jets play Cowboys - tough matchup. Especially with Wilson under center, as Jets probably looking at stacked boxes. Considering the time share and matchup, Hall's 10th overall ranking seems optimistic. RB 20 this week makes more sense to me. But so long as he stays healthy, the time share will eventually decrease and Hall will be a better start each passing week.

I guess you mean James ConnEr and Rashad White?

I would start Breece Hall over both of those guys

He just has way more upside.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:28 AM, polecatt said:

I guess you mean James ConnEr and Rashad White?

I would start Breece Hall over both of those guys

He just has way more upside.

No, I meant RashaAd White. And I'm glad I didn't start Hall over either of them. 

21 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

No, I meant RashaAd White. And I'm glad I didn't start Hall over either of them. 

I wouldn't have either... not with Zach Wilson at QB.  I have Garrett Wilson on the bench because of that dude.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I wouldn't have either... not with Zach Wilson at QB.  I have Garrett Wilson on the bench because of that dude.

Didn't G Wilson have a long TD this past week? Maybe there's still hope to sell high.

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Didn't G Wilson have a long TD this past week? Maybe there's still hope to sell high.

Yup, and that got him all the way up to WR27 on the week.  He was WR22 last week.  On the season (as short it is), he's a low end WR2/high end WR3 right now.  He was drafted to be top 5 to 7.  Right now, he's at best, a flex play.  Because of that, I'll have him on the bench until I think he's better than one of my other 3 WR's.

Last year, in half his games, he had single digit points.  Yeah, he had a few monster games, but it's clear that you can only play him in games where the matchup works.  If the matchup is 50/50 or harder, bench him.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yup, and that got him all the way up to WR27 on the week.  He was WR22 last week.  On the season (as short it is), he's a low end WR2/high end WR3 right now.  He was drafted to be top 5 to 7.  Right now, he's at best, a flex play.  Because of that, I'll have him on the bench until I think he's better than one of my other 3 WR's.

Last year, in half his games, he had single digit points.  Yeah, he had a few monster games, but it's clear that you can only play him in games where the matchup works.  If the matchup is 50/50 or harder, bench him.

It's funny, I offered a guy in my dynasty league a #5 rookie draft pick +Skyy Moore for Wilson. He laughed it off. I'm not sure I would have taken that trade either but I had a few first roinders this year and got Anthony Richardson, Njigba, and Zay Flowers and I'm thinking Flowers will be better than Wilson even if he still had Rodgers at QB. 

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It's funny, I offered a guy in my dynasty league a #5 rookie draft pick +Skyy Moore for Wilson. He laughed it off. I'm not sure I would have taken that trade either but I had a few first roinders this year and got Anthony Richardson, Njigba, and Zay Flowers and I'm thinking Flowers will be better than Wilson even if he still had Rodgers at QB. 

Long term, I still like Wilson over Moore.  I think Moore is going to be an "ok" WR, but nothing more.  There was no WR of note on that team last year, and none this year.  He has no reason why he can't separate himself from the others, unless he's not good enough.  We'll see how he does this year, and maybe he can change my mind, but so far after the first two games, I think he's at best a WR4.

That's a great haul from this year's draft.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Long term, I still like Wilson over Moore.  I think Moore is going to be an "ok" WR, but nothing more.  There was no WR of note on that team last year, and none this year.  He has no reason why he can't separate himself from the others, unless he's not good enough.  We'll see how he does this year, and maybe he can change my mind, but so far after the first two games, I think he's at best a WR4.

That's a great haul from this year's draft.

Oh yeah. Wilson is better than Moore at this point. He was more of an add in. I just wasn't sure if the dude was high on any rookies as he would have had his pick. I took a shot but got a little lucky that he didn't accept as I'm liking my new rookies in a dynasty so far.

What will be interesting is what the Jets will do at QB for the long term. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Oh yeah. Wilson is better than Moore at this point. He was more of an add in. I just wasn't sure if the dude was high on any rookies as he would have had his pick. I took a shot but got a little lucky that he didn't accept as I'm liking my new rookies in a dynasty so far.

What will be interesting is what the Jets will do at QB for the long term. 

I think they're going to get lucky.  I think they end up with a top 5 pick this year, because it won't be too long before the team quits on Wilson again, like they did last year.  They'll be able to draft a future QB to sit behind Rodgers next year.  If Rodgers can't go, or gets hurt again, they just make the move at that point in time.