Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

TNF Discussion: Giants at 49ers - Wk3

Inactives - 

Giants: RB Saquon Barkley, LT Andrew Thomas, LB Azeez Ojulari, G Ben Bredeson, CB Cor’Dale Flott, S Gervarrius Owens, DT Jordon Riley

49ers: WR Brandon Aiyuk, CB Ambry Thomas, QB Brandon Allen (third QB), OL Nick Zakelj, LB Jalen Graham, DL Kalia Davis, RB Ty Davis-Price

I don't understand how McCaffery gets the ball and always seems to have some space, but Mitchell  has to dodge a defender the second he gets his hands on the ball.  You'd think McCaffery would have defenders following him everywhere.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

Hot Take: They should just get rid of the intentional grounding rule.  

Hotter take: 

Get rid of all the out of the pocket vs in the pocket stuff, and if the qb can't get the ball somewhere near a receiver while a defender is touching them, it's intentional grounding.  This wouldn't be applicable in situations where a defender just hit their arm.

The application of the rule just seems dumb to me.  What Dimes just did flipping the ball out of bounds absolutely should be intentional grounding, but I saw Justin Herbert throw a ball into the end zone with clear intention as some blitzer was bearing down on him last week and without really feeling that pressure, but the receiver prematurely cut off his route and they called intentional grounding.  

One of the things that always bugs me about Herbstreet  is how he praises players for not quitting.  

I mean what was Ronnie Bell supposed to do when the ball gets popped up in the air?  Look at it and say, "well the pass wasn't to be to me and there are two defenders in the area.  I guess I'll just go back to the huddle," or something like that?  But Herbstreet, "way to not quit!"

Herbstreet is now very impressed McCaffery actually blocks for his teammates.  I guess in Kirk's world, it's acceptable for superstars to loaf when they aren't getting the ball.

I'd to thank all of the ff "experts" out there for telling me D Waller would be the focal point of the NYG offense.  Rats A$$!!!

Yes, I'm pretty not smart for listening to them.  FU Waller you're as soft as they come.

I forgot about our immaculate grid.  These two blue blood franchises probably have a lot, but I can't think of any besides our guy Matt Breida who's staring us right in the face.

49ers have so much window dressing.  They always have 3 guys going in motion or faking some pitch wide just to run a HB dive.

damn 4-1.  I see you out there bringing McCaffery down for a TFL in open space.

3 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Trash Giants refuse to allow a FG.

Right on queue, huh?

There's something about Hufanga being 35 yards away from the line of scrimmage every play and then coming in to celebrate after the play that I find comforting.  I look for him after every play now.

That's weird.  We just got back from a commercial and when we get back, the 49ers need to call a time out?

This game is never going to end if the giants have an injury every play.  And it seems even longer with the Herbstreet who offers absolutely nothing.

This is a one score game, and it feels like the Giants have no shot going into the 4th quarter.

After 3 quarters

Giants have 127 total yards

SF has 353

Dimes averaging 4.1 yards per attempt.  That seems suboptimal.

That's the difference between Eli Mitchell and McCaffery.  When he catches that little flare, McCaffery breaks that tackle and probably scores.  Eli gets brought down by his ankle.

I like that Micah McFadden guy, but I wonder how effective he'll be in IDP when he's playing a team that doesn't outsnap them by a 2:1 margin.

Just now, DonS said:

Getting sick of all these Mitchell touches. 

CMAC has 19.  I wouldn't be mad at them running him into the ground though.

F this damn game! ONE guy doesn't suit up and the so Purdy, CMC (his usual), Debo, AND Kittle all have their best game of the year!

That's awesome. 🤬

There's my man Hufanga, jogging up to complain about the late hit flag.  Way to get in there!

My man, Hufanga, again in there with a few words for Slayton after the catch.  Master of jogging up after the play.

I'd like to think we wouldn't see anymore stars with 3.5 minutes left and SF up 18.  Give Darnold a chance!