JagFan

Da Bears

So, what are we seeing here?  They bring in a true WR1 in DJ Moore and think they have a legit QB?  Fields is who he is, so how is it the people getting paid s#it tons of money as his coaches don’t see what we see?  And if these over paid folk want to prove their theory, why aren’t they having said RBQB throw to said WR1?  It makes little to no sense.

Yes it makes sense,   It’s the Bears.   

I think Fields is introverted and sensitive.  That's a bad combination for an NFL quarterback.

8 hours ago, JagFan said:

So, what are we seeing here?  They bring in a true WR1 in DJ Moore and think they have a legit QB?  Fields is who he is, so how is it the people getting paid s#it tons of money as his coaches don’t see what we see?  And if these over paid folk want to prove their theory, why aren’t they having said RBQB throw to said WR1?  It makes little to no sense.

No. They are testing Fields. If he fails they will draft another QB. They are giving him a shot to excel or fail. He's failing so far. They want to try to build a team before the QB. 

49 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

No. They are testing Fields. If he fails they will draft another QB. They are giving him a shot to excel or fail. He's failing so far. They want to try to build a team before the QB. 

That probably might be the case.  If there were only some way for them to get video of the NFL games he’s played in so far, they might’ve been able to determine that already.  It’s the coaching staff that’s failing, and will most likely get replaced long before Fields does…as they should.

19 hours ago, JagFan said:

That probably might be the case.  If there were only some way for them to get video of the NFL games he’s played in so far, they might’ve been able to determine that already.  It’s the coaching staff that’s failing, and will most likely get replaced long before Fields does…as they should.

Coaching is failing.

On 9/25/2023 at 1:06 AM, seafoam1 said:

they will play the hell out of him.  if he doesnt improve, they get a top pick for another QB.  if he does, then maybe he stays.

We all know which direction this is going at the moment.   There is time to turn it around but I'm not betting on a turnaround.   part of this could be coaching too.   but thats not what the team will say when they turf him.

Is this the time to buy low?  Considering trading Goff for Fields.  His schedule looks tempting... and the coaches are gonna let him run wild soon no?

1 hour ago, BuschWack said:

Is this the time to buy low?  Considering trading Goff for Fields.  His schedule looks tempting... and the coaches are gonna let him run wild soon no?

It's hard to figure it out at this point. Depends on if they want the #1 pick. Carolina is 0-3 as well and could be fighting for no wins this year. 

I wouldn’t trade Goff for a Bears Qb.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BuschWack said:

Depends on who else you have at QB, but I’d be concerned duh Bears bench Fields for Bagent at some point.

19 hours ago, BuschWack said:

desperate times....

personally I dont think that offense is a fit for his skillset.   I expected they would have him doing more designed QB runs but it feels like the team is trying to stay away from this sort of thing.

I see the attractiveness of having a QB in a standard offense who can add the running ability but sometimes thats not a natural fit for the player.   I know he has some rush yards but the half game I watched it feels like they are in some respects trying to make him more of a drop back passer.   If I was coaching him I'd do a lot more bootlegs and QB draws to keep the defense offbalance.   I just didnt see a whole lot of that.   Not enough anyways.

That still doesnt fix his arm and ability to throw, but it buys him some time to win games with his legs until his throwing arm develops to a point where he can rely on it.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Depends on who else you have at QB, but I’d be concerned duh Bears bench Fields for Bagent at some point.

I agree with all the sentiment here...

Mine is a superflex league and have Mahomes as my starter with Goff in the SF spot.  Tempting to take a roll of the dice with Fields in place of Goff, but Goff is just too consistent.  Having that reliability is good.  Anything could happen with Fields.

30 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

Mine is a superflex league and have Mahomes as my starter with Goff in the SF spot.  Tempting to take a roll of the dice with Fields in place of Goff, but Goff is just too consistent.  Having that reliability is good.  Anything could happen with Fields.

There’s no need to make that deal. Fields may have a higher ceiling than Goff but he has a much lower floor. I’d say he’s more likely to get benched by week 11-12 than to put produce Goff for the ROS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BuschWack said:

this is a hail mary play when your team has close to a zero chance of winning.   They you throw in fields and hope he rushes for 110 yards and a TD.  At that point you can live with the 150-200 yards passing he puts up because the rushing more than makes up for it.

problem is we have not seen games like this so far this season so its a tough bet to make.

Bears will never be good with Fields....ok nothing to see here