Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Suckiest Jones QB

It’s gotta be Mac, right? I mean Daniel jones at least has an arm.

But when you factor in the contract… :shocking:

It’s a close one!

Well, we were told that with the new coaching staff and upgraded WR corp (plus TE), the Giants offense and Daniel Jones should be really good this year.  :dunno:

Daniel Jones is probably the worst QB in the league. He looks completely lost.  I understand that Saquan is out but he is putrid. When Kenny Pickett makes you look bad you ARE bad. 

We have three teams where no WR's are currently rostered on any fantasy team (12 team), Giants, Pats and KC.  Giants and Pats are putrid and the WR's in KC are basically low grade dog food.

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, we were told that with the new coaching staff and upgraded WR corp (plus TE), the Giants offense and Daniel Jones should be really good this year.  :dunno:

We were told that with a new OC and upgraded WR corp (plus TE), that the Patriots offense and Mac Jones should be decent this year :dunno:

It's Mac....no question. Not to give Bill a pass.....my theory , Bill never wanted him. I think they were forced to take him because he was still on the board. If he was off the board, they would be playing some veteran the picked up, drafted different & things would be different right now. Your milage may vary.

It is close, but I'll go with Daniel.  His only decent game (well half) was against the Cards when they thought they could stop playing defense.  The Cowboys made both of them look like high school QBs, but Mac was at least performing as a game manager who could keep the Pats in their other three games.  

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

We were told that with a new OC and upgraded WR corp (plus TE), that the Patriots offense and Mac Jones should be decent this year :dunno:

Fair point.

On 10/2/2023 at 8:57 PM, IGotWorms said:

It’s gotta be Mac, right? I mean Daniel jones at least has an arm.

But when you factor in the contract… :shocking:

It’s a close one!

Danny Dimes has more raw talent so far as his arm and athleticism but he’s in a much worse situation with lesser coaching and a worse supporting cast. I’d say DJ is slightly better.

When you factor in their contracts though it’s not close - DJ is MUCH worse. Mac makes less than $4m per. DJ is set to earn $35.5m next season and the NYG won’t have an out until 2025.

Every GM in football would rather have Mac on his rookie deal right now. He makes less than some backups.

20 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Caleb Williams is looking at both of these franchises getting nauseated.

Dude just came out and said he makes enough on NIL that he will go back into the draft next year if he does not like who selected him. 

7 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Dude just came out and said he makes enough on NIL that he will go back into the draft next year if he does not like who selected him. 

I don't think that's possible.  I believe that you have to back out of the draft by a certain date to be allowed to go back to college.

41 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't think that's possible.  I believe that you have to back out of the draft by a certain date to be allowed to go back to college.

By the end of the year he will know what the draft order is. All he has to do is not declare early. The final date to declare is Jan 16th.  Plenty enough time to read the tea leaves about what teams have a chance to get him.