Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

ACL injury

I know doctors/surgeries have come a long way....but is there really a chance arod can come back this year? They said he was walking without crutches and throwing a football already...people are even picking up Mike Williams...I guess it don't hurt if you have an empty ir spot... it would burn me up if someone beat me in the playoffs with arod after I dropped him

3 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I'm assuming you mean Aaron Rodgers? He has an Achilles injury not an ACL injury.

Yes thank you

4 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I'm assuming you mean Aaron Rodgers? He has an Achilles injury not an ACL injury.

I thought it was the same injury guess I better study up more 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

I know doctors/surgeries have come a long way....but is there really a chance arod can come back this year? They said he was walking without crutches and throwing a football already...people are even picking up Mike Williams...I guess it don't hurt if you have an empty ir spot... it would burn me up if someone beat me in the playoffs with arod after I dropped him

I don’t think there was ever any danger of Rodgers being a league winner even if he was healthy.  I can see why one might think that by listening to his arrogant babble.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Kevin Durant would be a good reference point.

In that case, he's not coming back for about 2 years 😆

IF by some miracle he does come back and play at the end of the season, it's likely gonna be the playoffs, and it's the Jets, so don't get your hopes up.

Besides, even if he does come back, how good will he be? He wasn't that good last season, and he'll be coming off a major injury, too soon, playing his first game for a new team at the end of the season. Doesn't sound like a recipe for a monster game.

38 minutes ago, polecatt said:

In that case, he's not coming back for about 2 years 😆

IF by some miracle he does come back and play at the end of the season, it's likely gonna be the playoffs, and it's the Jets, so don't get your hopes up.

Besides, even if he does come back, how good will he be? He wasn't that good last season, and he'll be coming off a major injury, too soon, playing his first game for a new team at the end of the season. Doesn't sound like a recipe for a monster game.

For the record I disagree... he has chemistry with the talent he brought with him from greenbay he has a brady mindset and can deliver...jets defense is keeping them in the game 

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

I don’t think there was ever any danger of Rodgers being a league winner even if he was healthy.  I can see why one might think that by listening to his arrogant babble.

It's obvious you've never played in a superflex league 

19 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

he has a brady mindset

😆😆

Come on now

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

😆😆

Come on now

Aren't they both scratch golfers

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

Aren't they both scratch golfers

That's where they can't beat Tony Romo  😁

with Rodgers, I think it highly unlikely he returns but it also depends how his throwing motion is.

he may be able to play and throw the football, but his mobility will likely be gone if he does play.    I would place his odds of returning this year at less than 5%.    likely this is a generous estimate.  most would place his odds of returning at less than 1%

20 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

It's obvious you've never played in a superflex league 

Based on this comment you’re agreeing he wasn’t going to be a top 10 or 12 QB (depending on your league size), yet you still started a topic suggesting a guy that you just admitted isn’t a starter in a conventional league could be a league winner.  Are you a talent scout for the Giants by chance?

7 hours ago, JagFan said:

Based on this comment you’re agreeing he wasn’t going to be a top 10 or 12 QB (depending on your league size), yet you still started a topic suggesting a guy that you just admitted isn’t a starter in a conventional league could be a league winner.  Are you a talent scout for the Giants by chance?

My memory isnt perfect on this issue but I think going into draft day I had him as the #13 QB on my board (give or take one)  which made him a borderline QB1/2.   so if someone picked him up to be a starter I wouldnt have gone so far as to call it a bad decision.

given the injury, if he actually plays again this year (big IF)  it wont likely affect your fantasy season.   and even so, he may recover to a point where he can throw..... but the injury likely would hinder his mobility and should take away from his fantasy value.

if he somehow manages to play this year, he will be a statue in the pocket.    so I'd take away any and all projected rush yards as well as any plays that he would make on the run.   that should be enough to knock him into mid to low QB2 range.  possibly lower.   

either way, hes basically a Writeoff unless your fantasy league runs to the very last week of the season or into the actual NFL playoffs.

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

This is kind of surreal. Is this thread about Aaron Rodgers? 

What would you say were the odds of Rodgers leading the Jets to the superbowl this year?

2 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

What would you say were the odds of Rodgers leading the Jets to the superbowl this year?

0. Just a guess. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Are we allowed to use negative numbers?

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

first the team needs to make the playoffs.

the team is 3-3 so at this point that part of it doesnt look to be impossible.

If the bills had lost last week (and it was actually close) their chances to make the playoffs would have been better.   

I'd say their odds of making the playoffs at this point I'd say are about 5-10% chance. (likely closer to 5%)

odds of Rodgers coming back I said were less than 5%.  (Likely lower but lets go with this)

so 5% of 5% works out to about .25% chance.  now the odds of Rodgers leading them to the superbowl on a gimpy leg......  (assuming they get this far)   probably less than 5% once again.

so 5% of that .25% chance leaves us with a number that is so close to zero it may as well be zero.

It's possible. Peyton Manning did it (different injury though) with the Denver Broncos.

So the Jets get no respect for beating the 49ers ok guys 

18 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Love the Jets. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

When did they beat the 49ers?

3 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

they beat buffalo and philly.

either way this team is tough to figure out.  they are winning games against buffalo and philly and losing to the pats.   no pattern really.

they have an easier schedule upcoming but if the pattern holds they will lose those games.

anyhow the team is 3-3.  normally you need to be better than .500 to make the playoffs so I'd still say their odds of making the playoffs is low.    but the defense is championship calibre.   so its not impossible.  but the team is tough to figure.

Never heard of a player returning the same year from an achilles. Then again, it's never a Qb who does it week 1. Have no clue what his chances are of returning... my guess 1%. 

If he were a Rb or WR, it'd be 0%.  And his career would be effectively over, even if he was young.  The achilles is the grim reaper. But immobile old Qbs like Rodgers can probably still play.... next year.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Never heard of a player returning the same year from an achilles. Then again, it's never a Qb who does it week 1. Have no clue what his chances are of returning... my guess 1%. 

If he were a Rb or WR, it'd be 0%.  And his career would be effectively over, even if he was young.  The achilles is the grim reaper. But immobile old Qbs like Rodgers can probably still play.... next year.

It’s 0% and no more.  The Achilles is worse than ACL, PCL, MCL.  His chances of every playing again at all are 10% at best given that injury at his age.  Him saying he could play if the Jets make the playoffs is the perfect example of why he’s not a leader, but an arrogant narcissist only concerned about “look at me”.  He knew it was safe to make that claim to bolster his desire to be viewed as a superior human because he knows that team has no chance of making the playoffs.  In other words he knew he wouldn’t have to pay the check his mouth was writing.  He’s a narcissistic douche…and his career is over.

9 hours ago, JagFan said:

When did they beat the 49ers?

Sorry meant philly

he had what's called a speed bridge surgery the tendon will not heal completely until its reattached. Knowing Rodgers he's trying to make history it's got a serious chance it'll happen again. 

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Sorry meant philly

I figured so.  Just making sure I didn’t miss something.  That was an impressive win.

hes been back for a while from what I can tell but now that the jets are out of the playoff hunt I think they will shut down any talk of Rodgers returning.   Its simply not happening unless there is something in it to be gained by playing him while still injured.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

hes been back for a while from what I can tell but now that the jets are out of the playoff hunt I think they will shut down any talk of Rodgers returning.   Its simply not happening unless there is something in it to be gained by playing him while still injured.

Yup jets couldn't even take advantage of Tyreek sitting out