Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

My Week 12 NFL Power Rankings

44 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Looked at the injury report for Det./G.B.  Detroit listed four players with 3 of them showing as full practice participants.  Green Bay showed 16 players on the injury report with fully half not practicing and the rest limited particpants.  Not good for the travel team on a short week to be short handed going against the better team.

Meh, GB is always injured.  Love and thr receivers need to keep growing.  Packers can play loose.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lol why?  Didnt they just catch you on a windy day and got out fast and it snowballed?   Ravens are not as good as those other teams.  

Id worry about the Packers on Turkey Day if I were you!

True and true that it was a windy day and that things did snowball, but there's no excuse for what happened to them that day. As for the Ravens we'll be able to see what their game later this year with SF brings.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then why doesn’t Rice get the ball more? Why is he off the field so much? 

I don't get it either, other than maybe still just the rookie learning curve.  I'm not naive enough to think we have the next coming of Marvin Harrison or whoever else, but the Chiefs have really missed lately on some of their offensive draft picks (Hardman, Skyy Moore, CEH...)

Killing it on selecting defensive talent and the OL, but it's not working out quite as well with the skill players for some reason.

Also, fock MVS :fu:

12 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs #1

CMH posting this was the turning point of the game. :first: 

9 minutes ago, League Champion said:

The Chiefs are hot garbage without Kelce and there's serious chinks in the armour. 

The 2008 Chiefs were hot garbage.  This team still has a great shot to end up as the No. 1 overall AFC seed and has as good enough reason as anybody to believe they'll compete for another Super Bowl title.  The game was close last night, winnable for the Chiefs and I still think these are the best two teams in the league.  Your 2008 hot garbage chiefs:

Tyler Thigpen was your QB, Herm Edwards your head coach and yeah you had Jamaal Charles and Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe but the O-Line was trash, the defense was not very good with only a couple names you would recognize and a team that lacked overall depth and went 2-14.  We've come a long way from hot garbage, sir.

15 minutes ago, League Champion said:

The Pats, oof.

Andy Reid lets off the gas when he ought to be stepping on it. 

I think going forward thr Chiefs are possibly in trouble.  Their best skill player is an aging TE who is doing the celeb thing.  Theyve missed on WRs.  If Rice doesnt turn out to be a very legit top 2 WR then I don't know what their plan is in thr near future.  If their defense, which keeps getting underrated is mostly locked up (idk the contracts) then maybe they can focus on finding legit help for Mahomes.  It is a good WR class.  

Kelce is obviously still very good but he has to be starting the downswing.   

AFC is wide open tho.   At least at the moment.  

11 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think going forward thr Chiefs are possibly in trouble.  Their best skill player is an aging TE who is doing the celeb thing.  Theyve missed on WRs.  If Rice doesnt turn out to be a very legit top 2 WR then I don't know what their plan is in thr near future.  If their defense, which keeps getting underrated is mostly locked up (idk the contracts) then maybe they can focus on finding legit help for Mahomes.  It is a good WR class.  

Not a lot of options to add relevance on the cheap via free agency.  Ridley and Higgins are likely gonna get paid, a lot.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/?ref=trending-pages

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The QB, OL and D are all really good. Obviously they need help at receiver.

A more dynamic RB would help. May also take the Eagles approach of drafting the next TE before Kelce dries up. Philly already had a faster Jason Witten at TE and went ahead and drafted Goedert anyway. :thumbsup: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

The QB, OL and D are all really good. Obviously they need help at receiver.

A more dynamic RB would help. May also take the Eagles approach of drafting the next TE before Kelce dries up. Philly already had a faster Jason Witten at TE and went ahead and drafted Goedert anyway. :thumbsup: 

The QB is a little better than really good.  He's a generational talent that can't make his receivers catch the ball for him.  26 drops leads the league, I believe.

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The QB is a little better than really good.  He's a generational talent that can't make his receivers catch the ball for him.  26 drops leads the league, I believe.

Yeah we all know. Mahomes is great. His supporting cast on O is just okay. The receivers and fans suck. :wave: 

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

The 2008 Chiefs were hot garbage.  This team still has a great shot to end up as the No. 1 overall AFC seed and has as good enough reason as anybody to believe they'll compete for another Super Bowl title.  The game was close last night, winnable for the Chiefs and I still think these are the best two teams in the league.  Your 2008 hot garbage chiefs:

Tyler Thigpen was your QB, Herm Edwards your head coach and yeah you had Jamaal Charles and Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe but the O-Line was trash, the defense was not very good with only a couple names you would recognize and a team that lacked overall depth and went 2-14.  We've come a long way from hot garbage, sir.

I know this wasn't addressed at me, but I did use the phrase "hot garbage" myself and to be clear that comment was only addressed towards the WR corps. Overall the team is still as good as any other top shelf team.

Also, while I'm at it, to restate things, earlier in the year when the Lions played the Chefs, I only predicted the Lions to win because Chris Jones was hodlding out and Travis Kelse got hurt. A team that can't beat the Chiefs in those circumstances isn't a contender, and I knew the Lions were the better team going in. Play that game now with the Chiefs plus Jones and Kelce and the Lions minus CJGJ, Vaitai, and Houston and the results would likely be different.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Not a lot of options to add relevance on the cheap via free agency.  Ridley and Higgins are likely gonna get paid, a lot.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/?ref=trending-pages

You don't pick up WRs.  You draft them.  Just get better at it.  Plenty of rookies have impact year 1.  Look at Tank Dell and he didnt go high.   Flowers addison puca hell jayden reed for thr Packers would have done real well with Mahomes this year.  

My point was if they don't have too many holes to fill they could focus on drafting a WR high.  Or draft 2 WRs.   

Maybe the Chiefs shouldn’t be spreading it around so much? Maybe let Mahomes find a rhythm with a few guys, not the whole WR room? 

I was just reading about Aaron Rodgers being ahead of schedule and wanting to come back in a few weeks and it got me to think about where to rank the Jets if that happens. Talk me off the ledge here...  I'm thinking all the way up at six just behind the Chiefs and Lions where DeShawn's Browns were and would still be.  That's a scary team and I wouldn't want anything to do with them... of course that O-Line is even more dinged up than week one and his ankle makes him more gimpy than that week was well...

We (or at least I) spent the preseason wondering how good these Jets were going to be. Well, things didn't work that way but the ship can be righted.

41 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

was just reading about Aaron Rodgers being ahead of schedule and wanting to come back in a few weeks and it got me to think about where to rank the Jets if that happens

The Jets will be buried in last place by the time he's ready to return. It ain't happening 

On 11/22/2023 at 6:37 AM, Voltaire said:

I was just reading about Aaron Rodgers being ahead of schedule and wanting to come back in a few weeks and it got me to think about where to rank the Jets if that happens. Talk me off the ledge here...  I'm thinking all the way up at six just behind the Chiefs and Lions where DeShawn's Browns were and would still be.  That's a scary team and I wouldn't want anything to do with them... of course that O-Line is even more dinged up than week one and his ankle makes him more gimpy than that week was well...

We (or at least I) spent the preseason wondering how good these Jets were going to be. Well, things didn't work that way but the ship can be righted.

No. 

On 11/22/2023 at 5:37 AM, Voltaire said:

It’s too late.