4) Kansas City Chiefs  7-3 (2) 

-----

5) Detroit Lions 8-2 (6)

6) Miami Dolphins 7-3 (7)

7) Jacksonville Jaguars 7-3 (8)

8 ) Dallas Cowboys 7-3 (9)

----

9) Houston Texans 6-4 (15)

10) Cleveland Browns 7-3 (5) When teams lose QBs. I don't know what to do with them for a couple of weeks as I recalibrate

11) Buffalo Bills 6-5 (12)  (I swapped Buffalo and Seattle since I posted this)

12) Seattle Seahawks 6-4 (10)

14) Pittsburgh Steelers 6-4 (13)

15) Denver Broncos 5-5 (18)

16) Minnesota Vikings 6-5 (14)

-----

17) Los Angeles Rams 4-6 (20)

18) Los Angeles Chargers 4-6 (16)

18) New York Jets 4-6 (17)

19) Cincinnati Bengals 5-5 (11) Same as Cleveland, they just lost their QB and are hard to rank  I sense I zonked them too hard but at this moment, I really do think I'd rather play them than the Jets or Broncos

----

20) Indianapolis Colts 5-5 (19)

21) New Orleans Saints 5-5 (22)

----

22) Washington Redskins 4-7 (21)

23) Green Bay Packers 4-6 (26)

24) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-6 (23) 

25) Las Vegas Raiders 5-6 (24) 

26) Atlanta Falcons 4-6 (25)

27) Chicago Bears 3-8 (27)

28) Tennessee Titans 3-7 (28)

29) New York Giants 3-8 (32) 

30) Arizona Cardinals 2-9 (29)

31) New England Patriots 2-8 (30)

32) Carolina Panthers 1-9 (31)

I’d have Cowboys at 5 or 6 ahead of the Fins and Jags for sure. 

The Cowboys don’t have one good win as we head into week 12. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MDC said:

I’d have Cowboys at 5 or 6 ahead of the Fins and Jags for sure. 

Dallas has a bad loss to Arizona, worse than the other two. Dallas does put a smackdown on all their lesser opponents but the best feather in their cap is the Chargers which is a middling team.

Miami's' best win is also the Chargers while their losses are to the Bills, Chiefs, and Eagles.

Meanwhile the Jags have wins vs Bills and Steelers and no bad losses now that Houston has made the top ten. 

Both Dallas and Jax got destroyed by SF. Detroit is on this tier as well for pulling a similar clunker vs Baltimore.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Dallas has a bad loss to Arizona, worse than the other two. Dallas does put a smackdown on all their lesser opponents but the best feather in their cap is the Chargers which is a middling team.

Miami's' best win is also the Chargers while their losses are to the Bills, Chiefs, and Eagles.

Meanwhile the Jags have wins vs Bills and Steelers and no bad losses now that Houston has made the top ten. 

Both Dallas and Jax got destroyed by SF. Detroit is on this tier as well for pulling a similar clunker vs Baltimore.

When I’m thinking of the top tier my criteria is who could feasibly win a SB this year?

I have the Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys in that tier. Lions and Dolphins are a step down from that. There’s a path but it’s not likely.

I put the Jags in the same bucket as the Browns, Steelers and Seahawks. Better than average teams that could maybe win a playoff game but have no shot to win a conference title.

Edit: I don’t put a lot of stock into “X lost to Y” because every team in the league has an ugly loss. Chiefs lost to the Broncos. Eagles lost to the Jets. Every team gets a mulligan because there are no dominant teams this season.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

When I’m thinking of the top tier my criteria is who could feasibly win a SB this year?

I have the Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys in that tier. Lions and Dolphins are a step down from that. There’s a path but it’s not likely.

I put the Jags in the same bucket as the Browns, Steelers and Seahawks. Better than average teams that could maybe win a playoff game but have no shot to win a conference title.

My criteria is "if I were a .500 team with a league average offense and a league average defense, who would I fear most to whose ass do I think I would I most easily kick?"

It's why I've kept the Rams and Bills higher than their records, I do expect the Bills to miss the playoffs but I still wouldn't want to play them. The Lions have an easy road to the playoffs and #1 seed but I'm not forgetting the Baltimore game any time soon. Ditto Cards and 49ers for the Cowboys.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Edit: I don’t put a lot of stock into “X lost to Y” because every team in the league has an ugly loss. Chiefs lost to the Broncos. Eagles lost to the Jets. Every team gets a mulligan because there are no dominant teams this season.

Oh. Then just list them by record then. 

• Confused 1

That the exact opposite of what I said. Hence the Lions ranked below several teams with lesser records.

FFS :doh: 

Chiefs 1 after they win tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs 1 after they win tomorrow. 

I hope sp. It'd help the Lions twice over, both dropping the Eagles to the same 8-2  record and also giving them a tiebreaker edge as common opponents is the a tiebreaker for teams that don't meet.

8 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Packers rise over the past two weeks is likely to get tamped down a bit this Thursday.

They had an awful first half last time the played the Lions but showed signs of life in the second half. Each game is a fresh start. Packers got dinged up at RB today which will hurt.

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Steelers are not good and Bills have been reeling this whole year 

The Jags are not a good team.  Lawrence finally showed some signs of life yesterday but he's still clearly hurt and that Tennessee pass d is bad.

Pitt is a bad team, they have gotten really lucky all season.

Bills D hasn't been the same since they lost Milano and White.

Dallas belongs at 5.

I love these threads, not because I care about voltaires rankings but because the comments are always fun. 

Depending on what angle you want to choose, you can poke holes in every team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hufanga may be dealing with an ACL (possibly out for the season). Brown did fine, but we'll see how this impacts a secondary that seemed pretty bad vs Cle,  Min, and Cin.

The improved pass rush (with chase) will aid the dbs

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

I love these threads, not because I care about voltaires rankings but because the comments are always fun. 

Depending on what angle you want to choose, you can poke holes in every team. 

I'm just an FFToday Ding Dong like the rest of you, no better or worse qualified. The only difference is that I take the time to do it.

And yeah, we do get good comments. I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs #1

Muaaaahahahahaja suck it! :first: 

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No way the Lions should be above the Ravens after what they did to us. I'm far more intimidated by them than the Eagles, 49ers, and Chiefs.

Love the rankings. As far as the top 8, the only change I'd make is 49ers #2 -  Ravens #3

I think the Niners are the only team in the NFL that could stop the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

No way the Lions should be above the Ravens after what they did to us. I'm far more intimidated by them than the Eagles and 49ers.

I agree, the Lions are flimsy. There is no way that Goff is going on the road in January and beating Philly, Dallas or SF. NOT HAPPENING!!!! 

11 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I agree, the Lions are flimsy. There is no way that Goff is going on the road in January and beating Philly, Dallas or SF. NOT HAPPENING!!!! 

I think Detroit is likely to beat Dallas in Dallas in the regular season. but that's the one game going forward they may not be favored in. If they meet in the playoffs, it'll be in Detroit but Dallas is likely destined to pound the hell out of whatever garbage NFC South team they meet in the first round instead.

The other teams are beatable but the odds would be better at home if possible. Need help to catch Philly though. Big opportunity for that got blown up today.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Chefs are too high

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

Love the rankings. As far as the top 8, the only change I'd make is 49ers #2 -  Ravens #3

I think the Niners are the only team in the NFL that could stop the Eagles.

Chiefs would beat the eagles 3 of 5 times on a neutral field.

• Haha 1

To keep that championship caliber roster together, the Chiefs have had to pay these players here and let these other ones walk because they got too expensive. They tried to save money by shopping in the discount bin for WRs but they found  no diamonds in the rough, instead all they have there is hot garbage. The Chiefs best WRs are all playing for somebody else.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

To keep that championship caliber roster together, the Chiefs have had to pay these players here and let these other ones walk because they got too expensive. They tried to save money by shopping in the discount bin for WRs but they found  no diamonds in the rough, instead all they have there is hot garbage. The Chiefs best WRs are all playing for somebody else.

That's not true.   They are drafting better than others.   Rice could be another great one.   Yes they've had to make decisions but they are still doing better than most everyone else.   And fock mvs.

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Except they just lost at home. The Chiefs have 2 players, that's it. You've seen what happens when teams eliminate Kelce, they suck. 

55 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Except they just lost at home. The Chiefs have 2 players, that's it. You've seen what happens when teams eliminate Kelce, they suck. 

They have that Pachecko kid who runs hard.  I would love it if he was related to Ferdie Pachecko, Ali's cornerman.

Looked at the injury report for Det./G.B.  Detroit listed four players with 3 of them showing as full practice participants.  Green Bay showed 16 players on the injury report with fully half not practicing and the rest limited particpants.  Not good for the travel team on a short week to be short handed going against the better team.

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Sure they would.

• Like 1

That's not true.   They are drafting better than others.   Rice could be another great one.   Yes they've had to make decisions but they are still doing better than most everyone else.   And fock mvs.

Then why doesn’t Rice get the ball more? Why is he off the field so much? 

They have looked very mortal to me this year.  I give them the benefit of the doubt as they have climbed the mountain and know the terrritory. 

33 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Looked at the injury report for Det./G.B.  Detroit listed four players with 3 of them showing as full practice participants.  Green Bay showed 16 players on the injury report with fully half not practicing and the rest limited particpants.  Not good for the travel team on a short week to be short handed going against the better team.

I knew GB is getting bit badly, saw they lost two RBs on the same drive, but not just how badly. Detroit had been banged up and the bye came at the right time. Long term they'll get James Houston and maybe even get CJGJ back. Moseley is done for the season and likely Vaitai as well. 

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

No way the Lions should be above the Ravens after what they did to us. I'm far more intimidated by them than the Eagles, 49ers, and Chiefs.

Lol why?  Didnt they just catch you on a windy day and got out fast and it snowballed?   Ravens are not as good as those other teams.  

Id worry about the Packers on Turkey Day if I were you!