Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

My Week 16 NFL Power Rankings

15 hours ago, MDC said:

Eagles are 2nd in playoff wins and tied for 4th in appearances since 2000. 

Since 2000, Tampa has 2 rings, Eagles have 1.

I actually knew that, living in the Philadelphia market.  I just wanted to fock with him.  It's also funny how true that stat is, yet Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb aren't properly respected in Philly.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb aren't properly respected in Philly.

Not true at all, both are very well respected in their football realm. Donovan McNabb as a person is an a-hole and Andy Reid is a horrible Father/Husband. But as far as football goes, both are highly regarded in Philly. 

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Since 2000, Tampa has 2 rings, Eagles have 1.

I actually knew that, living in the Philadelphia market.  I just wanted to fock with him.  It's also funny how true that stat is, yet Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb aren't properly respected in Philly.

I think Reid is well respected in Philly.

McNabb’s record in championship games is why the fans soured on him. In those six games (5 NFCCG and 1 SB) he was 1-5 with 9 TDs and 9 INTs and a QBR of around 75. Eagles had the ball with a chance to win in three of them (Rams Pats Cards). Two INTs and a 4-and-out.

DMac was a lot of fun to watch but completely anti clutch when it mattered. He also came off like a bit of a phony and turned out to be a creep. I don’t blame fans for the mixed feelings on him. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think Reid is well respected in Philly.

McNabb’s record in championship games is why the fans soured on him. In those six games (5 NFCCG and 1 SB) he was 1-5 with 9 TDs and 9 INTs and a QBR of around 75. Eagles had the ball with a chance to win in three of them (Rams Pats Cards). Two INTs and a 4-and-out.

DMac was a lot of fun to watch but completely anti clutch when it mattered. He also came off like a bit of a phony and turned out to be a creep. I don’t blame fans for the mixed feelings on him. 

I think, correction, I know that dumbazz Cataldi set the bulk of the fanbase against McNabb before and at the draft.  I don't know many people who'd get booed by his fanbase at the draft as the #2 pick overall, and react well.  Every morning listening to WIP, all you hear is how the Eagles screwed up by picking McNabb (instead of Ricky Williams of all people).  No, it wasn't just the morning show... it was all of them parroting that idiot and the sports pages picked it up as well.  He sent 30 morons to the draft and it was all over ESPN and every other outlet of people booing the McNabb pick.  Reporters the day of and after the draft were asking him about being booed.  What the heck is that?  The fan base NEVER gave McNabb a chance.

Yeah, it must suck to have a QB win so many games that he gets you to the NFCCG game 5 times and 1 Super Bowl.  You either boast about making the playoffs and support the guy who got you there or trash the guy and say yeah, our team sucked for 11 seasons.  Can't have it both ways.

43 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Not true at all, both are very well respected in their football realm. Donovan McNabb as a person is an a-hole and Andy Reid is a horrible Father/Husband. But as far as football goes, both are highly regarded in Philly. 

Get the fock outta hear.  I've never heard one Eagles fan root for the Chiefs when they won that first Super Bowl.  In fact, they actively rooted against him/them.  When Tampa beat them, I was in a house full of Eagles fans who were rooting for Tampa, just to root against Reid.  I've actually said on a few occasions to a number of Eagles fans and floated out the idea that McNabb should be in the H.O.F.  During the time he played, he was literally one of the 3 best QB's in the league for like 6 years in a row.  When he retired, he was the best run/pass QB in NFL history... made brought 5 teams to the NFCCG and 1 Super Bowl.  Every single one of them said, 'hell no, that dude sucked'.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think, correction, I know that dumbazz Cataldi set the bulk of the fanbase against McNabb before and at the draft.  I don't know many people who'd get booed by his fanbase at the draft as the #2 pick overall, and react well.  Every morning listening to WIP, all you hear is how the Eagles screwed up by picking McNabb (instead of Ricky Williams of all people).  No, it wasn't just the morning show... it was all of them parroting that idiot and the sports pages picked it up as well.  He sent 30 morons to the draft and it was all over ESPN and every other outlet of people booing the McNabb pick.  Reporters the day of and after the draft were asking him about being booed.  What the heck is that?  The fan base NEVER gave McNabb a chance.

Yeah, it must suck to have a QB win so many games that he gets you to the NFCCG game 5 times and 1 Super Bowl.  You either boast about making the playoffs and support the guy who got you there or trash the guy and say yeah, our team sucked for 11 seasons.  Can't have it both ways.

I’m not going to defend fans who booed McNabb at the draft - that was dumb. But his atrocious playoff performances had a lot to do with the narrative. Also worth noting the Eagles D of the early 2000s had multiple HOFers and Pro Bowlers all over the field. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m not going to defend fans who booed McNabb at the draft - that was dumb. But his atrocious playoff performances had a lot to do with the narrative. Also worth noting the Eagles D of the early 2000s had multiple HOFers and Pro Bowlers all over the field. 

Yeah, the defenses were great... but at no point in time, during McNabb's career in Philly, did he have an NFL caliber receiving corp.  Even the year they had T.O., the next best WR was Todd Pinkston who had 36 receptions.  It's not hard for playoff caliber defenses to defend a team with no real WR threats.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, the defenses were great... but at no point in time, during McNabb's career in Philly, did he have an NFL caliber receiving corp.  Even the year they had T.O., the next best WR was Todd Pinkston who had 36 receptions.  It's not hard for playoff caliber defenses to defend a team with no real WR threats.

I thought Desean and Mackinac were pretty good but mostly his receivers here sucked. And he was also garbage in the biggest moments. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

I thought Desean and Mackinac were pretty good but mostly his receivers here sucked. And he was also garbage in the biggest moments. 

Jackson got to Philly in 2008, McNabb's second to last year... they made it to the NFCCG as a wild card team after winning 2 road playoff games.  Jackson lead the team in receptions with a whopping 62, and only had 2 TD's.  In the conference championship game that year, McNabb threw for 375 yards and 3 TD's (1 int, the 2nd possession of the game).  He scored 3 TD's in 3 of their last 4 possessions.  Maybe the biggest moment of garbage play came from the defense that year, who allowed an 8-minute 72 yard drive giving up the game winning TD.  But maybe that's just me.

The following year, Maclin finally got there, which was McNabb's last season.  McNabb only played 1 season with both of them.

Like I said, when the best receiver on your team is James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Chad Lewis, or Kevin Curtis... you were clearly working with a low level corp of players.

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

Mackinac is good on an island.

44 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Jackson got to Philly in 2008, McNabb's second to last year... they made it to the NFCCG as a wild card team after winning 2 road playoff games.  Jackson lead the team in receptions with a whopping 62, and only had 2 TD's.  In the conference championship game that year, McNabb threw for 375 yards and 3 TD's (1 int, the 2nd possession of the game).  He scored 3 TD's in 3 of their last 4 possessions.  Maybe the biggest moment of garbage play came from the defense that year, who allowed an 8-minute 72 yard drive giving up the game winning TD.  But maybe that's just me.

The following year, Maclin finally got there, which was McNabb's last season.  McNabb only played 1 season with both of them.

Like I said, when the best receiver on your team is James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Chad Lewis, or Kevin Curtis... you were clearly working with a low level corp of players.

And when you go 1-5 in 6 championship games, throw 9 TDs vs. 9 INTs, and turn the ball over on 3 potential game winning drives you get a reputation for being unclutch. 

On 12/17/2023 at 7:58 PM, Voltaire said:

1) San Francisco 49ers 11-3 (1) +191

2) Baltimore Ravens 11-3 (2) +159

--------

-------

3)  Buffalo Bills 8-6 (5) +125

4) Miami Dolphins 10-4 (7) +147

5) Kansas City Chiefs 9-5 (6) +74

6) Dallas Cowboys 10-4 (3) +167

7) Detroit Lions 10-4 (9) +51

8 ) Philadelphia Eagles 10-4 (4) +18

9) Cleveland Browns 9-5 (8) +20

10) Jacksonville Jaguars 8-6 (10)+6

11) Houston Texans 8-6 (13) +11

12) Cincinnati Bengals 8-6 (11) -4

13) Los Angeles Rams 7-7 (14) +17

14) Seattle Seahawks 7-7 (17) -35

Niners clear #1, Ravens a good #2 as a team that can beat them.

Bills playing like a number 3 right now absolutely, can beat anyone.

Miami hasn't shown that they can beat a good team yet, would put the Chiefs into above them into that tier that can beat anyone.

Cowboys can't win on the road.  Same with the Lions.

Eagles are frauds

The rest won't make any hay in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

And when you go 1-5 in 6 championship games, throw 9 TDs vs. 9 INTs, and turn the ball over on 3 potential game winning drives you get a reputation for being unclutch. 

He carried those offenses to points they didn't belong, but because he hit a wall against a team that can stop him, that's his fault and not the fault of the coaches and/or talent evaluators for not improving the team.  So like I said, he doesn't get the respect he deserves. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He carried those offenses to points they didn't belong, but because he hit a wall against a team that can stop him, that's his fault and not the fault of the coaches and/or talent evaluators for not improving the team.  So like I said, he doesn't get the respect he deserves. 

I think he was a very good / borderline great QB who had some deficiencies. He’s considered the best QB in franchise history. What more do you want? 

Once again, outstanding job @Voltaire

I think San Fran is head and shoulders above everyone else, including Baltimore.  If they stay healthy, I don’t see anyone giving them a competitive game, never mind beating them.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I think he was a very good / borderline great QB who had some deficiencies. He’s considered the best QB in franchise history. What more do you want? 

I think he is that too, but the vast majority of Eagles fans think he was average and should've never been in Philly as long as he was.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I think he is that too, but the vast majority of Eagles fans think he was average and should've never been in Philly as long as he was.

By the “vast majority” you mean the few you know personally or WIP callers?

Fans in real sports towns are passionate and reactionary. :mellow: 

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's not true at all. 

Just now, MDC said:

By the “vast majority” you mean the few you know personally or WIP callers?

Fans in real sports towns are passionate and reactionary. :mellow: 

I live in the Philadelphia market (South Jersey), lived here since I was 11, I know a TON of Eagles fans.  I know more Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins fans who think more highly of McNabb than Eagles fans.

I stopped listening to WIP a very long time ago.  I stopped when I got satellite radio somewhere around 2005.

Just now, League Champion said:

You're in Marlton. You should bleed green 

I lived in Atlantic County after moving here from Florida at age 11.  I now live in Gloucester County.  Never lived in Burlington County.

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

You were in Hammonton 

I worked there for a time, but didn't live there.  Sometimes work there when I go to meet clients.  Like today.  Right now I'm in Hammonton.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I live in the Philadelphia market (South Jersey), lived here since I was 11, I know a TON of Eagles fans.  I know more Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins fans who think more highly of McNabb than Eagles fans.

I stopped listening to WIP a very long time ago.  I stopped when I got satellite radio somewhere around 2005.

Fans of a team are harder on their own QB than fans of other teams? Get out. 

Just now, MDC said:

You new to the area?  Every Cowboy, Giants, and Redskins fan (in this area), always trashes every Eagles player.  The only one they ever say was good (outside of Reggie White), is McNabb.

You new to the area?  Every Cowboy, Giants, and Redskins fan (in this area), always trashes every Eagles player.  The only one they ever say was good (outside of Reggie White), is McNabb.

That’s patently not true. Do you have a point?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just now, League Champion said:

That's where I remember you from 

I'm working with a pair of brothers in 15 minutes... one is a Giants fan, the other is an Eagles fan.  I'll ask them what they thought of McNabb.  I'm expecting the Giants fan to say he was good and the Eagles fan to say he sucked.  Around 3:30 or so, I'll let you know.  Should be fun.  They're originally from the Trenton area.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s patently not true. Do you have a point?

Yeah, McNabb is more appreciated by people who hate him than those who supposedly like him.

I'm working with a pair of brothers in 15 minutes... one is a Giants fan, the other is an Eagles fan.  I'll ask them what they thought of McNabb.  I'm expecting the Giants fan to say he was good and the Eagles fan to say he sucked.  Around 3:30 or so, I'll let you know.  Should be fun.  They're originally from the Trenton area.

Well that settles it. 😂 

56 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Keith Byars was good. MDC doesn’t know who that is. He was a Jets fan then. His fandom is unserious. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Rent free. 😂 

J-E-T-S. Jets jets jets! 

23 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, so then Eagles fans are stupid for paying outrageous prices then?

To note, I'm willing to bet that the price that @cmh6476 is paying isn't too far off what season ticket holders are paying in Philly.  It's the re-sale costs that are exorbitant.  Hence, my prior sentence.

It's that way here too.  If we host a wild card game, you'll end up paying around $200 for the cheapest tickets in the place, if I had to guess.

42 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

It's that way here too.  If we host a wild card game, you'll end up paying around $200 for the cheapest tickets in the place, if I had to guess.

Eagles ticket price will probably be about double that.  I think they'll be in the $350 to $400 range for the cheapest tickets.  A co-worker of mine had to sell his tickets to the Eagles/Giants (divisional round), game last year.  His tickets were in Section 232, and he sold them for $750 each (2 tickets).

Last year, friends of mine FLEW to Houston for Games 1 & 2 for the World Series.  Flight, tickets (2 games... 2 tickets each), hotel room (3 nights)... total cost $2500.  Game 3 tickets in Philly (all the way up), were selling for $3k each.

On 12/19/2023 at 3:24 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Eagles ticket price will probably be about double that.  I think they'll be in the $350 to $400 range for the cheapest tickets.  A co-worker of mine had to sell his tickets to the Eagles/Giants (divisional round), game last year.  His tickets were in Section 232, and he sold them for $750 each (2 tickets).

Last year, friends of mine FLEW to Houston for Games 1 & 2 for the World Series.  Flight, tickets (2 games... 2 tickets each), hotel room (3 nights)... total cost $2500.  Game 3 tickets in Philly (all the way up), were selling for $3k each.

I was right, got charged for my two wild card round tickets and I paid $72 per ticket for a total of $144.  A pair in the division round will be $180, and a pair for the championship would be $280.

I was a bit nervous initially, but everyone said they will drop by about half the cost after your initial year.  This year was a bit hard to swallow, as I paid $3,310 for two tickets to 8 regular season and 1 preseason game.  If it's only about $1,800 or so next year for two tickets for 8 regular season and 2 preseason games I can handle that, especially if those end up being your postseason tickets at cost.  I'll probably even look at moving into lower lever or moving up to four tickets if it works out like I'm hoping.

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I was right, got charged for my two wild card round tickets and I paid $72 per ticket for a total of $144.  A pair in the division round will be $180, and a pair for the championship would be $280.

I was a bit nervous initially, but everyone said they will drop by about half the cost after your initial year.  This year was a bit hard to swallow, as I paid $3,310 for two tickets to 8 regular season and 1 preseason game.  If it's only about $1,800 or so next year for two tickets for 8 regular season and 2 preseason games I can handle that, especially if those end up being your postseason tickets at cost.  I'll probably even look at moving into lower lever or moving up to four tickets if it works out like I'm hoping.

I'm not surprised that's the price you're paying.  For the cheap seats in Philly, they're around $100 just for the regular season.  The fact that you're paying only $72 per ticket sounds like a steal.  😁

If the Eagles end up winning the division, I'm willing to bet that the cheapest seat in the house for that first game will be at least $200 (from the Eagles).  Re-sale will probably go for $300+.

https://www.vividseats.com/eagles-playoff-tickets--sports-nfl-football/custom/158

How to buy cheap Eagles playoff tickets?

Currently, Eagles playoff tickets start at $432 on average at Vivid Seats. If you're looking to save money on Eagles playoff tickets, consider early round games and non-clinching games. Upper level seats are often cheaper than those near the 50-yard line.