WhiteWonder

*** 2024 Draft and Season Discussion ***

Thought the supplemental was over. 🤨

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports the Padres are finalizing a trade to acquire Dylan Cease from the White Sox.

26 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Thought the supplemental was over. 🤨

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports the Padres are finalizing a trade to acquire Dylan Cease from the White Sox.

Telling your team to trade for a player...always that one guy that's gotta ruin the league.

a nice start to the season getting the Padres week 1 who will have 20+ extra games worth of stats for the week 😆

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

a nice start to the season getting the Padres week 1 who will have 20+ extra games worth of stats for the week 😆

Thank you for taking one for the team. 🙏

Maybe when the rest of us play him some of us will get an advantage in games played. 😏

My season is over.     Cardinals might lose 100.  

Food for thought for next season....  expanding rosters?  maybe as simple as going to 30 total rounds (28 regular and 2 supplemental). Or do we like the constant rotation of exclusive players?  It's probably fairly inconsequential but might make some lives easier if we don't have to be on top of 30 add/drops per week. 

some teams just use 1 roster spot for the entirety of an exclusive  SP rotation

or do we feel this is a positive element of the geek homers chess game?

23 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Food for thought for next season....  expanding rosters?  maybe as simple as going to 30 total rounds (28 regular and 2 supplemental). Or do we like the constant rotation of exclusive players?  It's probably fairly inconsequential but might make some lives easier if we don't have to be on top of 30 add/drops per week. 

some teams just use 1 roster spot for the entirety of an exclusive  SP rotation

or do we feel this is a positive element of the geek homers chess game?

I think it's a good part of the homer process.  It can be a bit of a challenge when an owner might have to be away from their lineup for a while if they wanted to set it to auto-start but the teams that for the most par that do this seem to be the smaller market teams.  I could be wrong but it those teams that have lost pitchers to other teams in the real MLB and try to draft those guys that can't be dropped and then hope to "out-number-start" the competition and hope that the 1 or 2 pitchers don't get pummeled to kill their ERA/WHIP. 

I assume everyone has the ap on their phone that makes daily transactions pretty easy

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I assume everyone has the ap on their phone that makes daily transactions pretty easy

i don't think daily transactions are difficult, overall. Just seems like a lot of work for teams to be doing so many add drops... especially after the AS Supp when they lose 2 more exclusive roster spots. 

Granted adding 2 more roster spots at the start of the season won't have a huge impact on the daily turnover. 

was just a thought 

what if we had so many rounds of exclusive only players, and other rounds that are either exclusive or draftable players?

Daily transactions suck on Yahoo.  I'll never understand why we must wait until after midnight on the west coast to drop a player who played earlier that day.  Can be tough sometimes when I'm working on the road in the middle of nowhere, often without cell coverage.

14 minutes ago, Burt said:

Daily transactions suck on Yahoo.  I'll never understand why we must wait until after midnight on the west coast to drop a player who played earlier that day.  Can be tough sometimes when I'm working on the road in the middle of nowhere, often without cell coverage.

This can also be an issue, even on the east coast if you want to get your lineup ready for the next day. Pitchers who didn’t play are droppable but anyone who accrued stats that day is not. 

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

what if we had so many rounds of exclusive only players, and other rounds that are either exclusive or draftable players?

I don’t think that solves the issue though (if this is even an issue at all) unless we are adding roster spots in general. 

i suggested 2 more draft rounds because it would bring us to an even 30 roster spots and those last 2 rounds added are most likely Going to be filled with exclusives anyway 

10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

This can also be an issue, even on the east coast if you want to get your lineup ready for the next day. Pitchers who didn’t play are droppable but anyone who accrued stats that day is not. 

Exactly.  I'm not on west coast time, so that makes it even more inconvenient.   I'm not staying up until 1:30am to make a move in a free league with all you strangers. 😆

I can say with confidence that I will lead the league in starts of exactly 5.2 IP.

Am I decent or do the blue Jay's suck?

13 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I can say with confidence that I will lead the league in starts of exactly 5.2 IP.

i feel like ive been seeing tons of starters bowing out after 5.2

id be extremely happy to lose  8-9 this week considering I have roughly 100 less at bats and 20+ less innings pitched :lol: