Dizkneelande

Adam FaSchiff wants to save democracy by destroying the republic

3 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Schiff would abolish filibuster, end the Electoral College and stack the SC in his pro-Democrat plan. This should end well for us.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/12/schiff-pro-democracy-plan-filibuster-electoral-college-00135232

The filibuster is not Democratic.

The Electoral College is unquestionably not Democratic.

Expanding SCOTUS would make it more Democratic (does not seem right that a POTUS can appoint 3 justices in one four year term).

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Schiff is a lying, un-American piece of sh#t.  That's not even debatable.  He is the lowest of the low.  a Far left Marxist/Communist to the core.

And it turns out the Democrats are doing EXACTLY what they accuse Trump of doing.  :lol:

They weren't afraid of Trump turning America into a fascist state, they were afraid he would get there first.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Expanding SCOTUS would make it more Democratic (does not seem right that a POTUS can appoint 3 justices in one four year term.

The United States is a constitutional republic, a federation of states. It is not a democracy.  The electoral college protects the rights of every state. The constitution protects the rights of the individual. Democracy is mob rule. Read a book turd gobbling commie.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Schiff is a lying, un-American piece of sh#t.  That's not even debatable.  He is the lowest of the low.  a Far left Marxist/Communist to the core.

And it turns out the Democrats are doing EXACTLY what they accuse Trump of doing.  :lol:

They weren't afraid of Trump turning America into a fascist state, they were afraid he would get there first.

A far left Marxist/Communist?

That is so funny! :lol:

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

The United States is a constitutional republic, a federation of states. It is not a democracy.  The electoral college protects the rights of every state. The constitution protects the rights of the individual. Democracy is mob rule. Read a book turd gobbling commie.

The electoral college only exists because states with large slave populations and the most money at the time, wanted there property(slaves) counted for purposes of political power. That's it. After that it's just more "lost cause" BS

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

The electoral college only exists because states with large slave populations and the most money at the time, wanted there property(slaves) counted for purposes of political power. That's it. After that it's just more "lost cause" BS

Historically true but now smaller states have come to value it for reasons that have nothing to do with slavery. And so it’s not going to change. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Historically true but now smaller states have come to value it for reasons that have nothing to do with slavery. And so it’s not going to change. 

True, they value it now because it makes there votes so much more valuable than larger states. It's insane that we decide our most powerful executive this way.

And Schiff is absolutely right about the filibuster too, which only exists because of basically a parliamentary mistake. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

True, they value it now because it makes there votes so much more valuable than larger states. It's insane that we decide our most powerful executive this way.

And Schiff is absolutely right about the filibuster too, which only exists because of basically a parliamentary mistake. 

Negative.  These are independent States of the Union. Their voice matters just as much as the big states, regardless of population.

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

That was part of it. There was also whole camp who felt strongly that electing the President via popular vote would ultimately lead to tyranny. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yes, I was reading that voters in Montana count more than those in California when one looks at how many people those electoral voters represent.

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Whether or not Schiff’s proposals are bad or good is irrelevant because they’re never going to happen. He’s saying what his base wants to hear. 

So he’s lying to them.  But you guys like to be lied to. You crave it, makes you feel good.  

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, I was reading that voters in Montana count more than those in California when one looks at how many people those electoral voters represent.

We get it. "Democracy" to you means autocratic rule from the Woke crowd in violation of the Constitution. Also states like California get to count their millions of illegals on the census so they get additional undeserving EC votes and congressional representation. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Word up. Squishy is one of the poorly educated.  

• Like 2

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Word up. Squishy is one of the poorly educated.  

This is another case of the left being so hell bent on destroying the right they lose all sense of logic. 

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

We get it. "Democracy" to you means autocratic rule from the Woke crowd in violation of the Constitution. Also states like California get to count their millions of illegals on the census so they get additional undeserving EC votes and congressional representation. 

No it means to me all votes should count the same and voters in smaller states should not have their votes count more.

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

No it means to me all votes should count the same and voters in smaller states should not have their votes count more.

They don’t dummy maybe your communist party should convince those states that they have better ideas. 

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

They don’t dummy maybe your communist party should convince those states that they have better ideas. 

Putting aside your personal insults and deliberate misapplication of the word “communist”, I actually agree with your overall point. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Putting aside your personal insults and deliberate misapplication of the word “communist”, I actually agree with your overall point. 

I’m done insulting you Tim. I think you are a retard but I don’t see that as an insult. You’re a history buff. Was the USSR considered democratic? 

The Sixth congress of the Russian Social Democratic labour Party (latter re-organized to the CPSU) defined democratic centralism as follows:

That all directing bodies of the Party, from top to bottom, shall be elected.

That Party bodies shall give periodical accounts of their activities to their respective Party organizations.

That there shall be strict Party discipline and the subordination of the minority to the majority.

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

I’m done insulting you Tim. I think you are a retard but I don’t see that as an insult. You’re a history buff. Was the USSR considered democratic? 

You can't make this stuff up! 🤣🤣🤣

I have a lot of respect for Adam Schiff and I generally agree with him. But not on any of these points: 

1. Whatever the original reasons for the electoral college it’s the system we have. Attempting to get rid of it would be quite difficult and in the end would be very divisive. Besides I’m not sure that it’s really all that important. In most Presidential elections the winner of the popular vote and the electoral college are usually the same guy. It’s pretty rare when that doesn’t happen, and it usually means a very close election anyhow. I don’t think we need to change what’s worked for two centuries in order to prevent rare outcomes. 

2. Packing the court is a very bad idea. Already many Americans don’t trust the integrity of the Supreme Court. Packing it would destroy whatever trust is left. So Trump got to appoint 3 justices, so what? Again that’s an extremely rare outcome. 

3. Getting rid of the filibuster would have the worst practical outcome of all 3 ideas, because it would mean that every time there is a new Senate majority (and with a divided country that could mean every 2 years) there will be a host of new legislation designed to completely overturn the last Senate. If you want a state of permanent chaos and instability you couldn’t ask for a better idea. Look there’s a lot of stuff I want to have happen too that isn’t getting done. But the way to break the logjam isn’t to bulldoze the other side, it’s to work with them and achieve compromise so that the filibuster doesn’t matter. If you can’t do this perhaps the legislation isn’t worth doing. 

Schiff gives off a strong Pedo vibe.  

4 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

The Sixth congress of the Russian Social Democratic labour Party (latter re-organized to the CPSU) defined democratic centralism as follows:

That all directing bodies of the Party, from top to bottom, shall be elected.

That Party bodies shall give periodical accounts of their activities to their respective Party organizations.

That there shall be strict Party discipline and the subordination of the minority to the majority.

Well first off I’m glad being called a retard isn’t an insult. That’s a new one on me but good to know! 

The Soviet Union and other Communist regimes of the 20th century threw around words like democratic all the time. But the answer is no- they were not democratic in the way that Americans would traditionally regard it. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have a lot of respect for Adam Schiff and I generally agree with him. But not on any of these points: 

1. Whatever the original reasons for the electoral college it’s the system we have. Attempting to get rid of it would be quite difficult and in the end would be very divisive. Besides I’m not sure that it’s really all that important. In most Presidential elections the winner of the popular vote and the electoral college are usually the same guy. It’s pretty rare when that doesn’t happen, and it usually means a very close election anyhow. I don’t think we need to change what’s worked for two centuries in order to prevent rare outcomes. 

2. Packing the court is a very bad idea. Already many Americans don’t trust the integrity of the Supreme Court. Packing it would destroy whatever trust is left. So Trump got to appoint 3 justices, so what? Again that’s an extremely rare outcome. 

3. Getting rid of the filibuster would have the worst practical outcome of all 3 ideas, because it would mean that every time there is a new Senate majority (and with a divided country that could mean every 2 years) there will be a host of new legislation designed to completely overturn the last Senate. If you want a state of permanent chaos and instability you couldn’t ask for a better idea. Look there’s a lot of stuff I want to have happen too that isn’t getting done. But the way to break the logjam isn’t to bulldoze the other side, it’s to work with them and achieve compromise so that the filibuster doesn’t matter. If you can’t do this perhaps the legislation isn’t worth doing. 

What has he done to earn your respect other than go on Maddow nightly and lie about Trump/Russia collusion? 

6 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

What has he done to earn your respect other than go on Maddow nightly and lie about Trump/Russia collusion? 

Those are the points of why it agrees with him.  

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

Good question: 

1. Even before Trump arrived, Schiff was often interviewed on foreign policy issues. I found him to be extremely well informed and very insightful on a host of issues, particularly on trade and relations with China and India. 

2. I dispute that Schiff ever lied about the Trump/Russia issue. I know what the claim is and I believe that Trump supporters have deliberately mischaracterized Schiff. We don’t need to go back into all of that but I generally think Schiff’s criticism was correct. 

3. Adam Schiff was the main House Manager during the first Trump impeachment trial in the Senate. I thought he gave an eloquent devastating series of arguments as to why Trump deserved to be removed from office. Senate Republicans were unconvinced, but I was. 

Despite my high respect for Schiff I will be voting for Katie Porter, as she is local, I have met her, and I like her very much. 

• Haha 2

Bad to have respect of evil people, Bible reads, God is not a respecter of anyone.  Good move.  

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Expanding SCOTUS would make it more Democratic (does not seem right that a POTUS can appoint 3 justices in one four year term).

Wow.

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Bad to have respect of evil people, Bible reads, God is not a respecter of anyone.  Good move.  

Wait, what? You think Adam Schiff is evil? 😅

2 hours ago, squistion said:

So much for those established norms everyone was pearl clutching about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Wait, what? You think Adam Schiff is evil? 😅

Same as you.  

Romans 3:10-12.  

As it is written:  There is no righteous, not even One, there is no one who und, there is no one who seeks God.  All have turned away, they have together become worthless, there is no one who does good , not even one.  See Jesus died because we deserved hell, if you accept Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior you will be Saved, plus repent from your sins.  Amen  

James 3:16. For where envying bad strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.  Amen.

We are not good, when we receive the righteousness of Jesus Christ who died on the cross takes on our sin.  Jesus becomes our sin, that’s why Jesus yells out, Father why have you left me, God cannot be in sin.  The righteousness of Jesus becomes our righteousness.  

Amen. Lesson done for now, but I have a feeling you shall return shortly. 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

Squistion is absolutely correct. 

Wyoming: Population = 578,803 Electoral Votes 3 =  192,000 people per EC vote.

California Pouplation: 39.21M, Electoral Votes, 54 = 792,000 people per EC vote.

Small states have a totally disproportionate amount of power in the EC.

That’s sad, should be the same, that would make them all count.  

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Same as you.  

As it is written:  There is no righteous, not even One, there is no one who und, there is no one who seeks God.  All have turned away, they have together become worthless, there is no one who does good , not even one.  See Jesus died because we deserved hell, if you accept Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior you will be Saved, plus repent from your sins.  Amen  

James 3:16. For where envying bad strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.  Amen.

We are not good, when we receive the righteousness of Jesus Christ who died on the cross takes on our sin.  Jesus becomes our sin, that’s why Jesus yells out, Father why have you left me, God cannot be in sin.  The righteousness of Jesus becomes our righteousness.  

Translation: you think Schiff is evil. Okey Dokey Pokey,.

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Squistion is absolutely correct. 

Wyoming: Population = 578,803 Electoral Votes 3 =  192,000 people per EC vote.

California Pouplation: 39.21M, Electoral Votes, 54 = 792,000 people per EC vote.

Small states have a totally disproportionate amount of power in the EC.

Thank you, I knew I had read that but haven't had to time to look it up or do the math. 

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Same as you.  

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Translation: you think Schiff is evil. Okey Dokey Pokey,.

Translation without God everyone is.  Amen. 

Libtards: This is the greatest country in the world! 
Libtards: Let’s radically change it! 

• Thanks 1