Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

House votes to impeach DHS Secretary Mayorkas over border crisis

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Imagine saying this with a straight face. This actually made me laugh. Have just a shred of self-awareness.

No chance with that homo. 

On 2/14/2024 at 5:00 AM, Voltaire said:

The Clinton impeachment and the two Trump ones were total BS. This one actually involves serious wrongdoing.

The House GOP started it with Clinton. Somehow lying under oath about a blowjob was a serious crime or misdemeanor. The House Dems broke it when they went scouring around for something to impeach Trump over.  

At least this time, we can finally see actual misdeeds. The man's refusal to do his job and carry out the law has seriously and negatively impacted the country. So, I actually understand and support this one for the first time ever.

Seeing the Dems crocodile tears on "degrading the seriousness of impeachment" is ridiculous after their antics. Yes, the GOP started it. Fair enough. But look in the mirror.

your 3rd paragraph.  We have already seen the damage done with cost, murders & rapes by people let in.  Regrettably we will have a terrorist attack in the near future as a direct result of this douche & administration not doing there job.  IMHO

1 minute ago, shadrap said:

direct result of this douche & administration not doing there job.  IMHO

And the Pedocrats are ok with it ONLY because he's a fellow Pedocrat. Their loyalty to Pedo Man's every move blows my mind. 

26 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

And why would that make you happy? 🌈 

I find the clown show entertaining 

5 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

I find the clown show entertaining 

Is that it??? Sure 

15 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

Nice try 🤣

Worth it. Now that the precedent is set, you’ll have to live with it. Harry Reid’s legacy says hi. Of course you haven’t a clue as to what I’m talking bout. If you did, you wouldn’t be so giddy with this tiny victory whose only upside is not having a show trial. You broke it. Now you own it. 

From Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Tribe:

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1780948221914722729

“Sanity prevailed in the Senate on Wednesday. The Democratic majority was able to dismiss the articles of impeachment against Secretary Mayorkas within hours. Although a pretrial dismissal on constitutional grounds is unprecedented, Senate Rules of Procedure and Practice (XVI and XXI) recognize the right of the parties to file pretrial motions and objections. Mitch McConnell (along with forty-four GOP colleagues) voted in favor of an unsuccessful motion to dismiss the articles of impeachment against Donald Trump in 2021.”

https://open.substack.com/pub/roberthubbell/p/sanity-prevails-in-the-senate?r=1ndny

It wasn’t tabled. This was. You own it. 

So we have now done away with checks and balances on the executive branch when the president and the senate are in the same party. That’s not how it’s supposed to work but ok. No crying about it in the future. 

I do not think that the impeachment was anything other than a cheap political stunt. 

But the Senate summarily voting to end it, while perfectly within the rules, does not sit right with me. If it got this far I feel like a trial was in order.

Just now, Fnord said:

I do not think that the impeachment was anything other than a cheap political stunt. 

But the Senate summarily voting to end it, while perfectly within the rules, does not sit right with me. If it got this far I feel like a trial was in order.

I agree. But here we are and now we live with it. 

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Good post.

Lots of bad precedents here.  I said earlier that I thought he should not be impeached because he is basically carrying out the will of his boss.

Now we have another bad precedent of just dismissing charges along party lines.

:(

The Republicans should have just dismissed charges when the Dems impeached President Trump, rather than allow the sh*tshow to proceed. At least now we have precedent for the next dozen impeachments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

All for show, but an interesting revelation nonetheless.  

I'm not going to tell you how to lead your life, but you want to consider a more reputable news source than Josh Halwey's twitter feed. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The Republicans should have just dismissed charges when the Dems impeached President Trump, rather than allow the sh*tshow to proceed. At least now we have precedent for the next dozen impeachments.

Yes, how dare they dismiss an impeachment with a charge of "not complying with federal immigration law" and "breaching the public trust"---totally high crimes!!!

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yes, how dare they dismiss an impeachment with a charge of "not complying with federal immigration law" and "breaching the public trust"---totally high crimes!!!

Not complying with federal immigration law x 10,000,000

56 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good post.

Lots of bad precedents here.  I said earlier that I thought he should not be impeached because he is basically carrying out the will of his boss.

Now we have another bad precedent of just dismissing charges along party lines.

:(

That precedent was set at least a few years ago, if not before. Without it, Trump would be barred from running.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not complying with federal immigration law x 10,000,000

Implementing different policy???  The impeachment was a joke and the Dems treated it accordingly. 

The second article also charged Mayorkas with not fulfilling his statutory duty by rolling back Trump-era policies such as terminating contracts that would have continued construction of the border wall and ending the Migrant Protection Protocols, also known as the “Remain in Mexico” policy that was ended after it went up to the Supreme Court.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

There has never been the case that charges delivered from the house did not get tried in the Senate.  As I said in the thread I started on this topic, because the precedent set here deserves its own thread separate from the merits of THIS case, regardless what you think of the merit of these charges the precedent being set is horrible.  If he's innocent he should be able to survive a trial, especially given the makeup of the Senate.  There should be the opportunity to present evidence but that is exactly why the Dems didn't allow a trial.  They don't Americans to see how derelict Mayorkas has been in his duty to the country.

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm not going to tell you how to lead your life, but you want to consider a more reputable news source than Josh Halwey's twitter feed. 

Are you disputing that this occurred?  Was it AI?