Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

This is new to me, anybody else

Well, back in the hospital.

They moved me to the cardiac unit and I have the weirdest bed.

It makes this constant low humming noise like there's a fan, sort of like you'd hear out of the desktop pc.

And randomly, without any prompting by me, my bed will just adjust itself. Bottom top middle, whatever.

Apparently, it's a defense against bed sores. But when you're just barely waking up  & your bed pulls some weird ass trick, it's a little disorienting.

Oh, btw, this blows.   

Lol, tbi, t&p, r&r, 

• Confused 1

Haven't seen that.  I've had the lower leg massagers multiple times, as well as the bed sore pad they stick on your lower back/upper ass.

Is this part of the V-Tach you mentioned recently?  I presume, since you are in the cardiac unit.  Do they have a plan of attack yet?

A healthy heart typically beats about 60 to 100 times a minute at rest. In ventricular tachycardia, the heart beats faster, usually 100 or more beats a minute.

Sometimes the rapid heartbeat prevents the heart chambers from properly filling with blood. As a result, the heart may not be able to pump enough blood to the body. If this happens, you may feel short of breath or lightheaded, or you may lose consciousness.

Ventricular tachycardia episodes may be brief and last only a couple of seconds without causing harm. But episodes lasting more than a few seconds (sustained V-tach) can be life-threatening. Sometimes ventricular tachycardia can cause the heart to stop (sudden cardiac arrest).

Treatment for ventricular tachycardia may include medication, a shock to the heart (cardioversion), catheter procedures or surgery to slow the fast heart rate and reset the heart rhythm.

Well, they buried me in bad news. But I feel fine and I'm in no way hampered.  At a club right now. 

I did have the V-Tack. 

And other nonsense.

The nurses sucked. 

Maybe I'll have one of those "beer" things I've been hearing so much about. 🍺

...with grated  parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette.

🫢

...always sumfin...

Damn man. Hope you feel better. Yeah the  bed thing would be really weird specially, if you’re just trying to sleep.

• Like 1

Only wiffleball could go from a hospital cardiac unit to a bar in a little over 24 hours and get sucked by a nurse along the way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The nurses sucked. 

Did they swallow your man geyser?

@seafoam1

When Rusty puts down his troll mask to insert some humor in a thread about a silverback poster in the hospital with medical issues, your best move is to let him roll, set aside Rusty's 'Biden sucks' reminders for a more appropriate thread, and say something to keep Wiff entertained.

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Did they swallow your man geyser?

I know that's what he says but don't think the nurses do that anymore. It must have been a program function from the high-tech bed that got the same result.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

@seafoam1

When Rusty puts down his troll mask to insert some humor in a thread about a silverback poster in the hospital with medical issues, your best move is to let him roll, set aside Rusty's 'Biden sucks' reminders for a more appropriate thread, and say something to keep Wiff entertained.

nah...It's the right move. Pisses him off. 

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

nah...It's the right move. Pisses him off. 

Not the right move, it ruins ever thread and keeps other people from checking the site as much. Too much collateral damage if you troll ever thread.

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Well, they buried me in bad news. But I feel fine and I'm in no way hampered.  At a club right now. 

Glad you are feeling better.

• Like 1

It seems wrong that in a thread where Wiff provides bad medical news, I feel the most sorry for Seafoam, because this V-Tach thing is probably treatable, but I don't think Seafoam's insufferability is.  :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Not the right move, it ruins ever thread and keeps other people from checking the site as much. Too much collateral damage if you troll ever thread.

Collateral damage. 😆