The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

I do not agree with the accuracy of events as some have described above regarding the wager. But I’m not going to explain it again because the matter has been settled and @Engorgeous George has behaved like a gentleman so I will as well. 

I recommend anyone who wishes for an accurate accounting of what took place to go back and read through the thread, last 3-4 pages. It doesn’t take that long. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I do not agree with the accuracy of events as some have described above regarding the wager. But I’m not going to explain it again because the matter has been settled and @Engorgeous George has behaved like a gentleman so I will as well. 

I recommend anyone who wishes for an accurate accounting of what took place to go back and read through the thread, last 3-4 pages. It doesn’t take that long. 

You have already paid so let’s hear it.

This is probably the most interesting thing I have read on this board so think of it as providing entertainment.

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This is probably the most interesting thing I have read on this board so think of it as providing entertainment.

No thank you. @Engorgeous George and several others disagree strongly with my take on this matter and I’m not going to reopen it because it would just create more argument. So far as I am concerned the issue is closed. 

16 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You see I choose to read what I want. 

And then expect other people to explain it to you. 

8 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

So you have read it. 

This is probably the dumbest person I have encountered on this board.  :doh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

If you read the thread already why do you need 100 explanations, waterhead?

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

No thank you. @Engorgeous George and several others disagree strongly with my take on this matter and I’m not going to reopen it because it would just create more argument. So far as I am concerned the issue is closed. 

Fair enough.

You paid so not sure why you care at this point. We aren’t exactly drinking brandy in the smoking room at Windsor Castle here 😂

Just now, thegeneral said:

Fair enough.

You paid so not sure why you care at this point. We aren’t exactly drinking brandy in the smoking room at Windsor Castle here 😂

He didn't pay anything.  FFS. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Fair enough.

I did not pay any money. 

3 minutes ago, Jose M said:

So you have read it. 

2 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

It was just explained after I asked. You two should hang out in the uptight asshats club together 😂

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I did not pay any money. 

What the fock is all the 2K about then?

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

We aren’t exactly drinking brandy in the smoking room at Windsor Castle here 😂

And you have no idea where I am at the moment, Charles is handing me a snifter right now…

5 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

It's got to be a troll job. How do you read the thread and literally get every single thing wrong.

Just now, thegeneral said:

What the fock is all the 2K about then?

🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Jose M said:

It's got to be a troll job. How do you read the thread and literally get every single thing wrong.

I didn’t read the thread hence the questions.

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

We're all lazy focks who don't have a half hour to type it out for you. You can follow along in the last few pages.

11 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Misspelled can't.  😂

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

We're all lazy focks who don't have a half hour to type it out for you. You can follow along in the last few pages.

Fair enough 😂 

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

No he can't. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose M said:

No he can't. 🤣🤣🤣

It appears I have a new admirer! Hi there Jose. I’m sure you just stumbled upon the place!

Hi Tim, how's the war in Israel, affecting your Zionosm and liberalism lately? It seems American Jewry on the left is in an existential crisis, or at least doing a lot of soul searching. As your liberalism seems entirely untouched, I wonder if your Zionism is weakening?

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Hi Tim, how's the war in Israel, affecting your Zionosm and liberalism lately? It seems American Jewry on the left is in an existential crisis, or at least doing a lot of soul searching. As your liberalism seems entirely untouched, I wonder if your Zionism is weakening?

Great question. 

im a Zionist for historical reasons, and because of my family and heritage it means a lot to me. I support the state of Israel very much and hope to visit some day. 
I do not support Netanyahu and the conduct of this current war. That doesn’t touch my Zionism. In fact, I think my Zionism informs my judgment on this, since I am convinced that what Bibi is doing here is making Israel less safe not more. 

The analogy I would offer you is the Vietnam War. Those who opposed it didn’t love America any less, they simply opposed what we were doing over there. 

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 3:32 PM, The Real timschochet said:

The other day I wrote that I would be posting a lot less in this forum and that remains true UNLESS anyone wants to engage in some serious discussion with me: you know the kind where you offer ideas and mean them, no trolling, and you’re prepared to back up your arguments. The kind where you try to avoid name calling and gratuitous remarks. If nobody wants to do that, I get it, that’s fine. Stay out of this thread and I’ll stay out of yours. If you do come into this thread looking to troll me I can’t stop you but don’t look for me to respond. 

As for anyone who wants to have deeper, thoughtful discussions, let’s have a clean slate. I’ll respond to everyone who seriously wants to engage with me: you don’t remember my past comments and I won’t recall yours either. We’ll start over; how’s that? I am a liberal and I know most of you are conservatives but that’s no reason we can’t engage in fruitful, respectful discussion. I am interested n the following topics: the Presidential election, Trump’s legal problems; Biden’s legal problems, abortion; climate change, inflation and the economy, gun control, race relations; the border and undocumented immigration, gay and trans issues, Ukraine and NATO, Israel and Palestine,  the House and Senate races, all in no particular order. I want to discuss this stuff with serious people who disagree with me. If you’re not one of those, then no worries. We don’t need to talk any further. 

What a loser. 🤣🤣🤣

27 minutes ago, Jose M said:

What a loser. 🤣🤣🤣

Well your posts have been generally awful and ignorant on a variety of subjects but I still don’t think you are. There may be hope for you. 

Trump’s desperate, losing attempts to delay the hush money trial remind me of a guy on death row trying to stave off execution. He really really does not want a jury hearing this case. 
Of course if Trump and his defenders were correct that this is nothing more than a political witch hunt, then he would have nothing to fear right? There would be a quick acquittal. 

This thread is as big a fail as the Disney one. And Bud Light. It’s a bloodbath. 

Stormy Daniels and Michael Cohen are the Star witnesses for the prosecution. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stormy Daniels and Michael Cohen are the Star witnesses for the prosecution. 

Also Hope Hicks. But the biggest witness of all is Trump- on tape and in documents. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This thread is as big a fail as the Disney one. And Bud Light. It’s a bloodbath. 

Well that goes for every thread you post in. But I don’t hold it against you. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well that goes for every thread you post in. But I don’t hold it against you. 

I never started a thread dedicated to me. 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Also Hope Hicks. But the biggest witness of all is Trump- on tape and in documents. 

Hasn’t she already denied any knowledge of or being involved in the alleged payments when questioned by the FBI? Yeah, she did.  So you’re hoping she either lies or did lie. Nice witness you got there. 

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trump’s desperate, losing attempts to delay the hush money trial remind me of a guy on death row trying to stave off execution. He really really does not want a jury hearing this case. 
Of course if Trump and his defenders were correct that this is nothing more than a political witch hunt, then he would have nothing to fear right? There would be a quick acquittal. 

They can, have, and will continue to successfully charged him with anything they want to in New York because the judicial system there is controlled by politically motivated opponents.

Just now, Tree of Knowledge said:

So NAMBLA is now just MAP?  

MAP is the new sanitized name for pedophilia, while NAMBLA is the organization trying to legalize pedophilia.

23 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They can, have, and will continue to successfully charged him with anything they want to in New York because the judicial system there is controlled by politically motivated opponents.

And the judge has rigged the jury questionnaires to try and make sure no Trump supporters can make it through.  Having corrupt political motivated prosecutors district-shopping for biased judges who makes sure the jury is packed with Trump-hating jurors only would pass for justice in Nazi Germany.  But yet Tim cheers it on as if it is fair. 

21 minutes ago, jonmx said:

And the judge has rigged the jury questionnaires to try and make sure no Trump supporters can make it through.  Having corrupt political motivated prosecutors district-shopping for biased judges who makes sure the jury is packed with Trump-hating jurors only would pass for justice in Nazi Germany.  But yet Tim cheers it on as if it is fair. 

Is either Biden ever going to see the inside of a courthouse over taking bribe money from Burisma? Well, son of a bitch...