Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Credit card late fees capped at $8 under new Biden admin rule

😆

How about teaching kids in school the ins and outs of managing money. From 1st grade through high school. All the basics. Beat it into them.  But no. We just need more liberal politicians to spend tax payer money to bail people out of their stupid decisions in life. Because you know credit card relief is next. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/credit-card-late-fees-capped-new-biden-admin-rule

The Biden administration on Tuesday finalized a new rule to cap all credit card late fees at $8, a move that is expected to elicit fierce pushback from industry giants. 

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimates the new regulation will save American families more than $10 billion in late fees annually by reducing the typical late fee of about $32. That amounts to an average saving of roughly $220 per year for the 45 million people who are charged late fees. 

The rule applies to the country's largest credit card issuers, which covers those with more than 1 million open accounts. These companies represent about 95% of total outstanding credit card balances. While smaller credit card issuers tend to charge lower rates and fees to their borrowers, the CFPB said that large issuers charge close to the maximum allowable late fee amount. 

Trump just came out in favor of The Big Credit Card companies?  Why does he hate the little guy?  

18 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

😆

How about teaching kids in school the ins and outs of managing money. From 1st grade through high school. All the basics. Beat it into them.  But no. We just need more liberal politicians to spend tax payer money to bail people out of their stupid decisions in life. Because you know credit card relief is next. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/credit-card-late-fees-capped-new-biden-admin-rule

The Biden administration on Tuesday finalized a new rule to cap all credit card late fees at $8, a move that is expected to elicit fierce pushback from industry giants. 

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimates the new regulation will save American families more than $10 billion in late fees annually by reducing the typical late fee of about $32. That amounts to an average saving of roughly $220 per year for the 45 million people who are charged late fees. 

The rule applies to the country's largest credit card issuers, which covers those with more than 1 million open accounts. These companies represent about 95% of total outstanding credit card balances. While smaller credit card issuers tend to charge lower rates and fees to their borrowers, the CFPB said that large issuers charge close to the maximum allowable late fee amount. 

I'm on board with this.  :thumbsup:

No reason for CC to charge that much.  There should be SOME penalty, but not that much.

A good rule of thumb is liberals want the government to run their entire lives. Have absolutely zero personal accountability? The left is your jam. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, cyclone24 said:

A good rule of thumb is liberals want the government to run their entire lives. Have absolutely zero personal accountability? The left is your jam. 

There is that whole abortion thing 🤔

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

There is that whole abortion thing 🤔

Exactly. Can’t figure out how to keep yourself from getting pregnant? That’s OK they want you to be able to kill your baby almost up to any point.

Poor? That’s OK we’ll try to take money from people that earned it and give it to you.

Credit card debt? That’s OK paying what you’re supposed to is personal accountability which you don’t have. We’ll just limit how much you can get charged. Screw the businesses.

I could probably keep going, if I really wanted to but its a common theme 

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'm on board with this.  :thumbsup:

No reason for CC to charge that much.  There should be SOME penalty, but not that much.

There are idiots racking up 10s of thousands of dollars when they make $20000 a year. Screw the lendrrs and screw the borrowers. Let them fight it out. I'll get my popcorn and watch until the borrowers LEARN.

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Exactly.  They want the government to tell them how and when they can have babies, or can't have babies.  They want the government to tell them who can or can't get married, or play sports, etc.  Oh wait...

Great move.  

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Exactly. Can’t figure out how to keep yourself from getting pregnant? That’s OK they want you to be able to kill your baby almost up to any point.

Poor? That’s OK we’ll try to take money from people that earned it and give it to you.

Credit card debt? That’s OK paying what you’re supposed to is personal accountability which you don’t have. We’ll just limit how much you can get charged. Screw the businesses.

You have some focking religious nut in Alabama saying frozen embryos are people. Yep that’s not nuts at all. 

To this credit card issue how about somewhere between them bending people over and them running a charity. AMEX netted like 8 billion last year, I think they are doing ok.

10 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yep. Don't forget school loan forgivness. 

Because 18 year olds are understandably too dumb to know what borrowing money and interest means.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Exactly.  They want the government to tell them how and when they can have babies, or can't have babies.  They want the government to tell them who can or can't get married, or play sports, etc.  Oh wait...

No they don't. Personal accountabilty. Use birth control and stop killing kids. Idiot. I bet your wife had 12 abortions before you met her. That's why you get along. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

No they don't. Personal accountabilty. Use birth control and stop killing kids. Idiot. I bet your wife had 12 abortions before you met her. That's why you get along. 

OK, I'll take that bet.  $1,000 sound good?

1 minute ago, The Psychic Observer said:

OK, I'll take that bet.  $1,000 sound good?

Ok. You're gay. I get it. Cause it's either 1 or the other. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Yep. Don't forget school loan forgivness. 

Because 18 year old ls are understandable to dumb to know what borrowing money and interest means. 

Oops

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You have some focking religious nut in Alabama saying frozen embryos are people. Yep that’s not nuts at all. 

To this credit card issue how about somewhere between them bending people over and them running a charity. AMEX netted like 8 billion last year, I think they are doing ok.

Imagine arguing for credit card companies to make more money off poor people.

Imagine arguing for credit card companies to make more money off poor people.

Strange to me.

Just now, seafoam1 said:

What the fock don care? It's stupid.

Make sure you include Trump in your old man rants about giving stuff away. 

Just now, The Psychic Observer said:

I accepted your bet.  She's never had one abortion.  Do you have Paypal?

I accepted your bet. Yes she has. Do you have venmo?

Strange to me.

Why? You think it's good people don't pay back what they borrow?

Yes I do.  I'll PM my username so you can send me the $1,000.

I won the bet. Sorry she's not open with you. :(

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Why? You think it's good people don't pay back what they borrow?

People should pay back what they borrow.

In the case of these late fees they are paying it back, unless they go bankrupt or negotiate their debts :cough: TRUMP :cough:, they would just have late fees and other shet fees capped. 

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Make sure you include Trump in your old man rants about giving stuff away. 

You and creepy joe relate. 😆

26 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Those poor credit card companies 😂

Yes, how will they survive?

I didn't think anyone would have a problem with this, but I guess even credit card companies have their fans. 

People should pay back what they borrow.

In the case of these late fees they are paying it back, unless they go bankrupt or negotiate their debts :cough: TRUMP :cough:, they would just have late fees and other shet fees capped. 

Here's a whole bunch of money. Just pay us back the principle over the next decade or two. All's good. 😆

They want a running tab on other people's money. 

Just now, squistion said:

Yes, how will they survive?

I didn't think anyone would have a problem with this, but I guess even credit card companies have their fans. 

Why don't you go loan all your money to deadbeats that live off credit cards and just let them pay you back simply what they borrowed over the next 10-15 years. Hopefully...

That's such a great business model. 😆

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Here's a whole bunch of money. Just pay us back the principle over the next decade or two. All's good. 😆

CC’s are collecting like 18% on this. Fine whatever.  Bullshet fees yeah no issue those being reigned in. 

If this is popular in the slightest your boy Trump will say it’s his idea so get ready to change your tune. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You probably have a huge issue with people that renegotiate their debt when they have over leveraged themselves. 

CC’s are collecting like 18% on this. Fine whatever.  Bullshet fees yeah no issue those being reigned in. 

If this is popular in the slightest your boy Trump will say it’s his idea so get ready to change your tune. 

So you are saying 18 year olds and up are too stupid to understand this?

You probably have a huge issue with people that renegotiate their debt when they have over leveraged themselves. 

I don't give a shlt if people do stupid things. I just don't want the government taking my money to cover for their stupidity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

I don't give a shlt if people do stupid things. I just don't want the government taking my money to cover for their stupidity.

How does limiting CC late payment fees do this?

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

What the fock does that mean? See, if Trump wants to take my money and hand it out to idiots, I'm against it. Unlike how you always agree with your master in the white house.

I’m good with this. Real good. 

• Haha 1