Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Draft Trade: Vikings / Texans Swap Picks

No way can Jefferson, Addison , Hockensen be happy with Darnold at the helm.  

Now they have 11 and 23 it looks like.  Those are decent assets to try to move up again.

Does this even pencil out for the Texans? I mean maybe if the Vikings are one of the worst teams in the league (could happen I guess).

Still, seems like a weak trade for Houston, imo

31 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Does this even pencil out for the Texans? I mean maybe if the Vikings are one of the worst teams in the league (could happen I guess).

Still, seems like a weak trade for Houston, imo

Looking at it all wrong.  Texans sent 23rd and 232= 255, they received 42nd and 188th= 230, the Texans gained 25 spots.  😜

It looks like they  are helping out the Vikings for some reason.  

I agree, I think they're overvaluing a 2nd round pick next year to move down that far, although maybe they don't like any players in their original draft position range it would make sense then. There's a lot of time picks in the 20s in the 1st round don't work out.

I think the Texans are in on the financial side and that there is a bigger move on the way.  They have been freeing up cap space.  They feel the cap hit on a 1st round pick vs a 2nd is enough of a savings to make a difference in a bigger move.  I've been seeing rumors of a Texans Bills trade for Diggs .  And that maybe this a deep enough draft that the move does not really make that big of a difference to their draft plans.

On 3/15/2024 at 1:51 PM, weepaws said:

Looking at it all wrong.  Texans sent 23rd and 232= 255, they received 42nd and 188th= 230, the Texans gained 25 spots.  😜

Here's why those charts blow. The difference from 23 to 42 is light years in an NFL draft. 23 is practically a top 10 pick in a draft as deep as this one. 232 & 188 are meaningless dart throws. And next year's draft is not projected to be all that great. 

The Vikings won big IMO.