Sign in to follow this  
nobody

College is the ultimate brainwash

I'm not talking about woke.

College is a business transaction.  You enter into a deal in which you pay an agreed upon sum of money for a service.  But as I watch March madness, I'm struck by how loyal these fans are to the their alma mater.  

A lot of these alum are in massive debt due to colleges jacking up tuition.  It's like being overcharged for a mustang and then becoming a life long fan of ford because you enjoyed driving it.

It's a transaction.  First they convinced people that they needed their service.  Then they gouged them for that service. And somehow people love them for it.

39 minutes ago, nobody said:

College is a business transaction.  You enter into a deal in which you pay an agreed upon sum of money for a service.  But as I watch March madness, I'm struck by how loyal these fans are to the their alma mater.  

A lot of these alum are in massive debt due to colleges jacking up tuition.  It's like being overcharged for a mustang and then becoming a life long fan of ford because you enjoyed driving it.

It's a transaction.  First they convinced people that they needed their service.  Then they gouged them for that service. And somehow people love them for it.

Made me a couple million. :banana:

6 hours ago, nobody said:

You just found this out?  I thought this has been common sense for like 30 years. :dunno:

<---  Did not go to college to take "Liberal Arts" in 1990 when had the chance.  It took 25 years, but I do very well for myself now. ,

Rachel Maddow Flames GOP for Campaigning on ‘What America Most Needs: Banks to Make More Money’ | Video

So......Republicans blocking the student load debt payoffs....by taxpayers.....the paying off of their loans that they willingly took.....   blocking this is helping the banks.....  🤔

Hey, anyone remember when these people thought businesses over charging for things was a thing?  Like.....they seemed to care about costs to people and how businesses were "greedy":huh:

I do not detect.....and correct me please if I am missing it.....annnnnyyyyy mention of the amounts these institutions are demanding. :dunno:

OK.....lets table that for a moment....   should banks simply stop giving these loans?  Since they are profiting, and that is such a problem and all.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:22 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

You just found this out?  I thought this has been common sense for like 30 years. :dunno:

It hasn't been common sense for 30 years because colleges were just starting to price gouge 25 years ago.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

OK.....lets table that for a moment....   should banks simply stop giving these loans?  Since they are profiting, and that is such a problem and all.

If they do ram this loan forgiveness through, they are implying that the loans are inherently unfair and they absolutely should stop giving them out.

Either that or put caps on tuition.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

If they do ram this loan forgiveness through, they are implying that the loans are inherently unfair and they absolutely should stop giving them out.

Either that or put caps on tuition.

Also....hey, guess who wins when these bailouts happen....the banks....y'know, the ones Maddow is so concerned will benefit?

Is there some class that liberals attend where they are taught how to be completely focking stupid?

Brainwashing is one of the highest priorities of the authoritarian elite class.   College is just one of many avenues used.   Movies, Books, News Media, social media, search engines, schools.  The biggest fairytale is we have a free press with independant journalism and academic freedom.  Government fingerprints are on virtually everything which serves to shape public opinion.  

1 hour ago, nobody said:

It hasn't been common sense for 30 years because colleges were just starting to price gouge 25 years ago.

My bad... 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

Brainwashing is one of the highest priorities of the authoritarian elite class.   College is just one of many avenues used.   Movies, Books, News Media, social media, search engines, schools.  The biggest fairytale is we have a free press with independant journalism and academic freedom.  Government fingerprints are on virtually everything which serves to shape public opinion.  

Spot on

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Bwahhhhhhh 😂 He said it 

Democrats like to pretend Trump was referring to all migrants even though he was talking about criminal migrants. Meanwhile, when Biden was referring to an illegal alien who murdered a girl, Democrats scolded him into apologizing for using the word 'illegal.'

So thats where we are and who we're dealing with.

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

Part of the brainwashing is convincing these people that they are intellectually superior to anyone else. We have a couple of those on the board right now.

On 3 /27/ 2024 at 12:52 PM,  BeachGuy23 said:  

What relevance do the last 100 years have to do with now boyo?

EVERY major advance of the last 40 years has been conceived and created by liberal sc ientist and researchers.  This fact is undeniable.     

What we are observing is the steaming pile of excrement that is post-modernism......its all a lie......they feed these kids absolute nonsense, and they are kids....they eat it up....

I think college can still be good, but you have to first raise your kids well, and then you have to stay in contact and ensure there is a free flow of communication.... the poisonous marxists are out there, steadily recruiting... protecting your children is perhaps the best way to fight these repugnant people

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Hopefully she comes out of this cured.