Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

George Floyd scholarship is discriminating.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Raise your hand if you're glad that thug piece of sh!t is six feet under 

👌🏻

Did I miss the news that Derek Chauvin died? 

I have lived here my whole life and have never heard of North Central Univerity.

4 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

I have lived here my whole life and have never heard of North Central Univerity.

Maybe the renamed Hamlin or Macalester while no one was looking.

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Nothing, I suggest that if they decided it was an avenue of interest they would do rather well.  Its a cultural thing, as most things are.....though we reframe it as "racism" because when culture produces a negative, we have to pretend its something else

I wanted to play hockey when I was a kid. Problem is it's an expensive sport and I grew up food stamp , soup kitchen poor. So the the only organized sports I got to play was the free city little league and high school sports.

My point is the barrier for entry is money. Although I guarantee there's a grant out there.

8 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Basically every scholarship pre-2000.

Poor poor put upon white man...how ever will you make it having to share success in the world with women and non-whites.

It's going to be quite the struggle for you boyo.

This guy is a complete joke

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

💯

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

As a white guy, how hard do you have it?

Are you mad white men don't run 100% of the government and corporations?

SAD

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I grew up food stamp , soup kitchen poor. 

Why? Genuinely curious.....no offense meant.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I wanted to play hockey when I was a kid. Problem is it's an expensive sport and I grew up food stamp , soup kitchen poor. So the the only organized sports I got to play was the free city little league and high school sports.

My point is the barrier for entry is money. Although I guarantee there's a grant out there.

When did you leave behind your life of crime? As we know, poor people commit crimes because they are poor. 

32 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Why? Genuinely curious.....no offense meant.

Why did I grow up poor? My mother wasn't a smart person. Her parents were dumb too. That side of the family is full of idiots. My father was never in the picture and I didn't even know who he was until 3 years ago (that's a whole other story). Something happened to my uncle when he was young and he became retarded (I think it had something to do with MCAD when he got sick) which runs in my family, and son has (My son isn't retarded he's very smart and gets all As just to be clear) My other uncle could only read at a 2nd-grade level.

So the best job my mother ever had was part-time at Kmart. Most of the time we were on public assistance, and food stamps, on Friday we would go to the soup kitchen at a local church and have a full meal. I remember as a young kid maybe 5y/o watching my mother cry on the kitchen floor because we didn't have anything to eat. I told her I wasn't hungry so that was okay.

All that being said I became successful. First to graduate high school on time, and still only to get a college degree, first to be what they would call rich. My family resents me. My mother doesn't talk to me, hasn't seen my oldest in 10 years, and has never seen my daughters.

Anyway, that's more than I intended to share.

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Why did I grow up poor? My mother wasn't a smart person. Her parents were dumb too. That side of the family is full of idiots. My father was never in the picture and I didn't even know who he was until 3 years ago (that's a whole other story). Something happened to my uncle when he was young and he became retarded (I think it had something to do with MCAD when he got sick) which runs in my family, and son has (My son isn't retarded he's very smart and gets all As just to be clear) My other uncle could only read at a 2nd-grade level.

So the best job my mother ever had was part-time at Kmart. Most of the time we were on public assistance, and food stamps, on Friday we would go to the soup kitchen at a local church and have a full meal. I remember as a young kid maybe 5y/o watching my mother cry on the kitchen floor because we didn't have anything to eat. I told her I wasn't hungry so that was okay.

All that being said I became successful. First to graduate high school on time, and still only to get a college degree, first to be what they would call rich. My family resents me. My mother doesn't talk to me, hasn't seen my oldest in 10 years, and has never seen my daughters.

Well done pulling yourself out of a bad situation boyo.  You should be proud of yourself. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Good on you man👍 I understand some of the hurdles you overcame...my dad passed when I was 10 years old. My mom never took a dime of assistance. 3 kids....worked her a$$ off & never let us go astray.  I was fortunate to have a family support system that towed the line. My uncle was a cop in town & gave me a long leash...but not long enough to hang myself. This is probably why I place a lot of the fault on kids failing on a household with the father present & active. Sorry to hear you are at odds with family but again....good on you for persevering.