Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2024 NFL Draft Profile - WR Marvin Harrison Jr.

The safest pick in the entire draft. If I'm the Cardinals there's almost no package worth passing him up. 

He has all the makings of a star WR.

It's tough to say how he will pan out as a rookie, but he should be a decent fantasy asset to say the least.  In 2-3 season, he should be a top 10 WR if not top 5.

In dynasty leagues, it would be difficult to pass him up with the 1st pick.

Change his name to marvin smith and he’s a jag

I do like what he brings to the table in the tape I have watched so far.   I especially like the catch radius and the ability to fight and beat out the corner from the ball while maintaining body control.  that particular skill is high end.  possibly elite.   for me that skill is what sets him apart from Nabers who, I'll admit gets open a little more readily but who doesnt have that catch radius/body control ability.    and Harrison is a bigger bodied receiver which has other benefits.

On 4/15/2024 at 10:47 PM, LaChup said:

He's the third best receiver in this draft.

who in your opinion are the top 2 WR in this draft?

On 4/16/2024 at 12:47 AM, LaChup said:

He's the third best receiver in this draft.

The 3rd??

Don't tell me you have Nabers and Odunze ranked ahead of Harrison. 

I hear the argument for Nabers but even that is crazy IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

The 3rd??

Don't tell me you have Nabers and Odunze ranked ahead of Harrison. 

I hear the argument for Nabers but even that is crazy IMO. 

yeah, looking at Nabers, its possible he could be better.   I think the ceiling is higher with him but Harrison is more of a finished product today and there is less risk with him (in my opinion)

Even if Harrison was slow (which he isnt) his catch radius and route running alone makes his floor that of a WR3.

I think his game translates more easily to the NFL and he will make an immediate impact on day 1.  

Nabers likely makes an imact but it may take a few games (or up to a season) to get fully attuned to the pro game.   he depends more on speed to get open and as a smaller WR he may get a lot more Jams at the line and such to try to knock him off of his route.   While that may happen with Harrison, hes a big, physical receiver so that kind of play could easily backfire when defending a guy like him so I dont see a lot of DB's trying that technique against him.

as for Odunze, I have not seen enough tape on him yet.   based on scouting reports, he shouldnt be as good but it is worth noting all scouting reports I have seen have those 3 as being fairly close and they all stand above the rest.

something just occurred to me.  its possible he refused to do a 40 time in the hopes that he drops a few slots to a team he actually wants to play for.   Though the tape on him is good enough that I dont know that this would scare anyone away.

He didn't run because he's scared. He doesn't want his draft stock to drop. You guys are on the right track, but don't sleep on Ladd McConkey gentlemen.

3 hours ago, LaChup said:

don't sleep on Ladd McConkey gentlemen.

Ladd tested off the charts athletically but his production sucked, even in a pro style offense. 30 receptions last season, ughh. 

You'd think with all that talent he'd be a bigger part of the offense. 

I get suspicious when talent doesn't match production. 

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Ladd tested off the charts athletically but his production sucked, even in a pro style offense. 30 receptions last season, ughh. 

Is he by any chance Phil McConkey's son or grandson?

If so, pass 🤣

20 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

sometimes a good WR doesnt produce for a reason.   it looks like he missed a number of games which likely played a role in his poor senior year.

his QB put up solid stats, but was a first year starter this last season.   so likely he never really was able to make a great connection with his QB.

granted, I am not suggesting a team go and draft this kid in round 1 but a little later in the draft this kid could provide some upside to whoever grabs him.

even if you think he is a first round talent, the lack of a 1000 yard season on his resume makes it tough to justify a day 1 pick for him.   hes likely a high upside day 3 pick

Of the 3 top WR in this draft, 2 caught passes from a Heisman winner and a Heisman finalist. The other caught passes from a guy who was essentially asked to transfer from his college team. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Of the 3 top WR in this draft, 2 caught passes from a Heisman winner and a Heisman finalist. The other caught passes from a guy who was essentially asked to transfer from his college team. 

yep.  

I'd say as a WR,  its far easier to look good when you have a good QB.

5 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

Exactly. You take Harrison as the WR1 and don't even think about it. It's the easiest decision ever. 

I think the commanders are going to take Harrison Jr 2nd, and then trade their 2 seconds to the lions to jump back up into the first and take Pennix

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I think the commanders are going to take Harrison Jr 2nd, and then trade their 2 seconds to the lions to jump back up into the first and take Pennix

That's actually not a bad thought. I don't love Penix but it does make some sense. 

On 4/19/2024 at 10:36 PM, Ray_T said:

sometimes a good WR doesnt produce for a reason.   it looks like he missed a number of games which likely played a role in his poor senior year.

his QB put up solid stats, but was a first year starter this last season.   so likely he never really was able to make a great connection with his QB.

granted, I am not suggesting a team go and draft this kid in round 1 but a little later in the draft this kid could provide some upside to whoever grabs him.

even if you think he is a first round talent, the lack of a 1000 yard season on his resume makes it tough to justify a day 1 pick for him.   hes likely a high upside day 3 pick

They had Ladd playing the X a lot because almost their entire receiving core are smurfs, so he was a fish out of water.  

They had him as an outside when he's really a slot receiver that can play outside sometimes.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

They had Ladd playing the X a lot because almost their entire receiving core are smurfs, so he was a fish out of water.  

They had him as an outside when he's really a slot receiver that can play outside sometimes.

yes, not utilizing a player in their highest and best use can also lead to subpar stats.

not sure what else to say.   I wouldnt draft him on day one.   likely not day 2 either.  but Day 3 I'd draft him all day long.

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I wouldnt draft him on day one.   likely not day 2 either.  but Day 3 I'd draft him all day long.

I agree. People are mocking him in the 1st to Buffalo which I done see. He's exactly what they don't need. 

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I agree. People are mocking him in the 1st to Buffalo which I done see. He's exactly what they don't need. 

yeah, picking him that early is not something I see happening.

even round 2 or 3 is a stretch but he has some nice skills.  if a coach thinks he can fix some of the guys issues (and some can likely be fixed with pro level coaching) maybe hes a day 2 pick.

12 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

That's actually not a bad thought. I don't love Penix but it does make some sense. 

They could have their pick of Penix, Nix or Rattler at 27 and a top flight WR corps with Harrison and McClauren

Is it just me or are there a lot of Nix in this draft. Hakeem Nicks should come out of retirement. Perhaps some Stevie?