19 minutes ago, edjr said:

Until edjr is in the lead

but that is such a rarity 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

but that is such a rarity 

Two time champ

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Hopefully that means he does well.  :unsure: 

I feel like we have similar strategies.  I feel like You have drafted him a time or two, he has had a couple decent performances at this tourney, and playing well in general.  

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Two time champ

But against what fields? Your edex titles may be the equivalent of Steve Spurrier winning the Heisman when all the black guys were in Vietnam (joke stolen from late, great, Tim Wilson)

1 minute ago, patweisers44 said:

But against what fields? Your edex titles may be the equivalent of Steve Spurrier winning the Heisman when all the black guys were in Vietnam (joke stolen from late, great, Tim Wilson)

:lol: 

last year 11 people, biggest field ever :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

I feel like we have similar strategies.  I feel like You have drafted him a time or two, he has had a couple decent performances at this tourney, and playing well in general.  

Except for results:  you won the last tourney, I came in dead last.  :D

But yeah, I'm high on Jaeger for the reasons you listed, plus he is a long driver.  

Usually I have a few guys in mind when my pick approaches, incase some of them get picked.  But waiting for Dain, I wanted Jaeger and couldn't even focus on anyone else.  :wub: 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Except for results:  you won the last tourney, I came in dead last.  :D

But yeah, I'm high on Jaeger for the reasons you listed, plus he is a long driver.  

Usually I have a few guys in mind when my pick approaches, incase some of them get picked.  But waiting for Dain, I wanted Jaeger and couldn't even focus on anyone else.  :wub: 

I played in a scramble Sunday with a guy that consistently hit it over 275.  Man was I jelly. 

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

I played in a scramble Sunday with a guy that consistently hit it over 275.  Man was I jelly. 

I never hit it quite that far, but I miss the days when I was young and the designated bomber of the scramble.  :( 

These days my drives are more like 230, maybe topping out at 250 if I hit some dry ground and get a good roll.  My problem, even when young, is my body is remarkably inflexible.  I just can't generate the core rotation/speed that a long hitter can.

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I never hit it quite that far, but I miss the days when I was young and the designated bomber of the scramble.  :( 

These days my drives are more like 230, maybe topping out at 250 if I hit some dry ground and get a good roll.  My problem, even when young, is my body is remarkably inflexible.  I just can't generate the core rotation/speed that a long hitter can.

With the wind in my favor and dry ground, I can hit it 215

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

With the wind in my favor and dry ground, I can hit it 215

Back to your jelly long hitter:  In HS in the early 80s I used a wooden 3 wood (yes I'm old) off the tee.  My senior year I was the #2 player, and our #1 (with whom I played every match against the other teams 1 and 2) hit the ball a mile.  I learned early that I wasn't going to match his distance, so I just hit my feeble tee shot, then got the ball near the green, then scrambled for par or bogey.  My chipping was phenomenal as a result.  Drives me nuts now, because chipping is the worst part of my game (I don't play much, which is why).  But in my head, I feel like I'm good at it.  :wall: 

I was hoping for Noren in the 3rd Ashtray in the 4th and Horseshoes in the 5th.  Just saying for those who drafted them.  They will likely the bed.  :)

sheet up to date and link in OP

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

last time out I had 3 or 4 drives that were roughly 290. I'm like gumby. It's all about the flexibility. Two of my friends who play (both are not good) can maybe hit 260 when they catch it perfect and both are former football player sort of meathead types who still regularly go to the gym and lift big. I have not seen the inside of a gym in 15+ years. Their swings are both extremely stiff... stiff hips, all arms

18 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

last time out I had 3 or 4 drives that were roughly 290. I'm like gumby. It's all about the flexibility. Two of my friends who play (both are not good) can maybe hit 260 when they catch it perfect and both are former football player sort of meathead types who still regularly go to the gym and lift big. I have not seen the inside of a gym in 15+ years. Their swings are both extremely stiff... stiff hips, all arms

For you it is likely limp wrists

Mr. Irrelevant is:

5.09 Emiliano Grillo pad

28 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Any speed I generate is due to a pretty good understanding of physiology and how to maximize what I can out of my stiff body.  I also did taekwondo when I was young, mostly because my family did it (it is about the worst martial art for an inflexible person, maybe ax capoeira (brazilian art) is worse.

My main golfing partner never works out and has the worst diet I've ever seen in an adult (pure refined sugar), but he's got that core flexibility plus a few inches taller.  The ball just jumps off his club.  :( 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My main golfing partner never works out and has the worst diet I've ever seen in an adult (pure refined sugar), but he's got that core flexibility plus a few inches taller.  The ball just jumps off his club.  :( 

that's me. ill show up at the course with a few sausage egg mcmuffins to get me started before the beers begin. maybe not as horrible an overall diet, I do eat a little too much fast food, but I do workout I'm just not a gym guy.   I'm also 6'2 to their mayyyybe 5'10

this is more for the general golf talk thread but how is your set up with driver? I added a good 15-20 yards just by making sure the ball was a little further forward in my stance, and making sure to set up with my back shoulder dropped below my lead. You can also sort of turn your shoulders so they feel slightly closed to your target if it feels weird dropping that back shoulder. That closed shoulder setup will naturally put the trail shoulder lower. And my head is behind the ball. Eyes on the ball but head definitely behind it.   This is all to just make sure I am catching it on the slight upswing. Maybe +3-4 degree angle of attack on a trackman. 

I always had set up driver with the ball off the heel of my front foot but everything else was new for me about 3 seasons ago and it made a shiit ton of difference 

Alts

1. Austin Eckroat

2. Lucas Glover 

8 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

that's me. ill show up at the course with a few sausage egg mcmuffins to get me started before the beers begin. maybe not as horrible an overall diet, I do eat a little too much fast food, but I do workout I'm just not a gym guy.   I'm also 6'2 to their mayyyybe 5'10

this is more for the general golf talk thread but how is your set up with driver? I added a good 15-20 yards just by making sure the ball was a little further forward in my stance, and making sure to set up with my back shoulder dropped below my lead. You can also sort of turn your shoulders so they feel slightly closed to your target if it feels weird dropping that back shoulder. That closed shoulder setup will naturally put the trail shoulder lower. And my head is behind the ball. Eyes on the ball but head definitely behind it.   This is all to just make sure I am catching it on the slight upswing. Maybe +3-4 degree angle of attack on a trackman. 

I always had set up driver with the ball off the heel of my front foot but everything else was new for me about 3 seasons ago and it made a shiit ton of difference 

Thanks, I'll mess around with some of that.  The ball is more or less off of my left heel, although I have moved it ever so slightly forward or back depending if I want more of a fade or draw respectively.  Mostly I've been working on having quiet wrists that don't twist too much through the ball and cause Mr. Snappy (my biggest problem when I try to overhit it).  :thumbsup: 

Alts:

Keith Mitchell

Austin Eckroat

Where your players ranked

jerry:  2 - 21- 16 -39 - 63

dain: 29 - 15 - 32 -44 - 65

Wonder: 12- 27 - 8 - 41 - 34

edjr: 3 - 26 - 24 - 54 - 64

Fumble: 13 - 10 - 20 - 28 - 40

Alias: 5 - 7 - 38 - 45 - 42

lager: 11 - 14 - 30 - 22 - 33

Clocaine: 4 - 23 - 18 - 36 - 25

patweiser: 6 - 9 - 17 - 19 - 31

Ludvig was ranked 1

16 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Ludvig was ranked 1

Thanks for that :mad:

Alts:  Lucas Glover,  Adam Hadwin

What is the loft you guys hit on your driver? Mine is stock 10.5, but I turn it up a notch to put it around 12 or so. I get more distance that way than I do at the lower levels and poke it out there the same distances WW is hitting. 

13 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What is the loft you guys hit on your driver? Mine is stock 10.5, but I turn it up a notch to put it around 12 or so. I get more distance that way than I do at the lower levels and poke it out there the same distances WW is hitting. 

Mine is at 9, and I still hit it fairly high most of the time

I'm getting the money sheet updated. 

@dain11279 - did you send ed money for this week and next?

13 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Mine is at 9, and I still hit it fairly high most of the time

If I hit a 9 it would be all stingers all the time. 

9 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I'm getting the money sheet updated. 

@dain11279 - did you send ed money for this week and next?

I sent Ed $100 for this week and the PGA.