Sign in to follow this  
edjr

49 year old I was friends with in High School - "Died Suddenly"

1 hour ago, nobody said:

That's probably all that's left to eat when you're around, fat boy.

:)

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I was pretty much agreeing with you, unless you’re not actually 215…

”Overweight” as defined by BMI is usually BS.  But if you fall under “obese” then good chance you’re fat. 6’ 215 would only be “overweight” according to the CDC/NIH

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

But gain another 6 lbs and you’re fat.

Exactly.  6 lbs and I’m obese.  If I don’t crap good in the morning I may be obese that day.  Dumb.

On 5/2/2024 at 8:16 AM, Alias Detective said:

I remember when buying a Lexus was like bragging.

So was getting jabs. 

Remember when people would get this: 

https://nrcrim.org/sites/nrcrim.umn.edu/files/styles/medium/public/2021-06/Facebook Frame sample.png?itok=hDITBp2c

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I was pretty much agreeing with you, unless you’re not actually 215…

”Overweight” as defined by BMI is usually BS.  But if you fall under “obese” then good chance you’re fat. 6’ 215 would only be “overweight” according to the CDC/NIH

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

But gain another 6 lbs and you’re fat.

Spot-on comment about “overweight” by BMI standards!  Started losing weight last July when I began paying attention to cholesterol.  When I’d dropped about 20 pounds I found myself in the overweight category, and I didn’t disagree.  The ridiculous part was that based on the BMI chart, I was gonna need to get my 6 ft self all the way down to 178# to get to “normal.”  178 on me would look like post-chemo.

1 minute ago, MLCKAA said:

Spot-on comment about “overweight” by BMI standards!  Started losing weight last July when I began paying attention to cholesterol.  When I’d dropped about 20 pounds I found myself in the overweight category, and I didn’t disagree.  The ridiculous part was that based on the BMI chart, I was gonna need to get my 6 ft self all the way down to 178# to get to “normal.”  178 on me would look like post-chemo.

BMI might slightly overdo it but when you go to countries with less crapper busting fatties (ie not US or Mexico), you realize that we consider normal is a bit fat (myself included :cheers: )

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Exactly.  6 lbs and I’m obese.  If I don’t crap good in the morning I may be obese that day.  Dumb.

Maybe not “obese,” but “fat” at least.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

10 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

I hear this and look at my own life.  None of my friends or family members who are close to my age have died.  But I do think about it and understand it’s bound to happen in my life soon enough.  The father of my son’s teammate dropped dead from heart attack a year ago at only 44.  Yikes.

As far as personal deaths I have been mostly lucky. Both step parents and my grandparents. Other than that it has not been too bad. The people in my extended circle though have been dropping like flies for years. I mean it is bound to happen at 48. 

On 5/2/2024 at 8:19 AM, edjr said:

49 year old I was friends with in High School - "Died Suddenly"

You were friends with a 49 year old in high school and you went to H.S. in the 80's.  That guy must have been in his early 80's now...was it really that sudden? 

Sorry for your loss though.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You were friends with a 49 year old in high school and you went to H.S. in the 80's.  That guy must have been in his early 80's now...was it really that sudden? 

No you dumbass, his friend died suddenly back in the 80s :doh:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

The teacher thought I was cute :dunno: