Sign in to follow this  
The Psychic Observer

Racist frat boys

59 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Personally, I've addressed this in the past few days.  Most of the college kids are painfully ignorant, and would chant whatever pablum is presented to them.  The issue is not the issue, the issue is the revolution.  

But there are some college students who truly want the eradication of Israel and Jews therein.  And of course the professional, trained Alinsky protesters that nobody in the Leftist MSM talks about, who organize these violent events.

I think this is a valid point.  On the kids, the pictures of the white (almost too pale from lack of sun) kids on their knees and bending over for the Islamic prayer says a lot.  These are lost souls desperate for somewhere to belong.  They will conform to any underdog or oppressed cause of the moment.  The problem for us is that's a perfect breeding ground to have some home grown militants down the road.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Israel is bombing Hamas who hides behind civilians. That makes things very difficult for Israel. But Israel is also not being as selective or as careful as they could be. Israel has overreacted and I believe they have committed some war crimes here, just as we did in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. 

Thanks.  So, why does this make things difficult for Israel?  Asked another way:  what is your expectation of Hamas, the elected and supported leaders of Gaza, in all of this?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

For the most part, I don’t disagree with what Israel is doing. Hamas needs to be eliminated, and due to how they operate there will be civilian casualties.

I just don’t think the overwhelming majority of recent protesters are “pro-Hamas,” nor do I think it’s necessarily anti-Semitic to say “Palestine will be free from the river to the sea”

Also, you twisted my words.  I never said that about the Revolutionary War. 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  So, why does this make things difficult for Israel?  Asked another way:  what is your expectation of Hamas, the elected and supported leaders of Gaza, in all of this?

I expect them to die. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I expect them to die. 

Well, that would be good, but that wasn't really my question, since for that to happen, Israel would have to do way worse than anything they've done to date.

My question was:  you and the Left have all kinds of moral requirements of Israel.  What are your similar requirements for Hamas?  For instance, is it unreasonable to ask them to release the (live, if any) hostages?  To stop hiding behind civilians?

The Left seems willing to train current and future terrorist regimes that if they hide behind their civilians with no concern about their welfare whatsoever, the onus is on the victims (Israel, 10/7) to just acquiesce and let the terrorists survive, stay in power, and rape and murder more women and children in the future.  And as a bonus, the majority of "civilians" that the SJWs are so concerned about, continue to support the rapist murderers.

There is just so little moral confusion here, it is painstakingly clear.  And I find it so frustrating.  

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, that would be good, but that wasn't really my question, since for that to happen, Israel would have to do way worse than anything they've done to date.

My question was:  you and the Left have all kinds of moral requirements of Israel.  What are your similar requirements for Hamas?  For instance, is it unreasonable to ask them to release the (live, if any) hostages?  To stop hiding behind civilians?

The Left seems willing to train current and future terrorist regimes that if they hide behind their civilians with no concern about their welfare whatsoever, the onus is on the victims (Israel, 10/7) to just acquiesce and let the terrorists survive, stay in power, and rape and murder more women and children in the future.  And as a bonus, the majority of "civilians" that the SJWs are so concerned about, continue to support the rapist murderers.

There is just so little moral confusion here, it is painstakingly clear.  And I find it so frustrating.  

I don’t expect anything out of Hamas. They are evil murderers. 

Your question is interesting to me. I’ve gotten similar questions whenever I am critical of police. I am asked what I expect of criminals. The answer is I don’t expect anything. They are criminals. 

I believe Israel are the good guys. Not Netanyahu in particular but Israel. So like the USA, like our police, I hold them to a high standard. I don’t hold Hamas to any standard at all. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t expect anything out of Hamas. They are evil murderers. 

Your question is interesting to me. I’ve gotten similar questions whenever I am critical of police. I am asked what I expect of criminals. The answer is I don’t expect anything. They are criminals. 

I believe Israel are the good guys. Not Netanyahu in particular but Israel. So like the USA, like our police, I hold them to a high standard. I don’t hold Hamas to any standard at all. 

Thanks again.  Are you OK with training current and future terrorist regimes that if they hide behind their civilians with no concern about their welfare whatsoever, the onus is on the victims (Israel, 10/7) to just acquiesce and let the terrorists survive, stay in power, and rape and murder more women and children in the future?

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Thank you.  

Jonathan Greenblatt of the ADL was on Morning Joe today. He argued that the organizers of the protests were out there after October 7 congratulating Hamas. And thus was well before Israel invaded Gaza. I have no doubt this is true. To Greenblatt, this proves that all or most of the protestors are pro-Hamas and virulently anti-Semitic. 

But what Greenblatt ignores in making this argument is that although the organizers were there at some campuses, the protests were tiny, maybe a few dozen people. It wasn’t until Israel invaded Gaza, and started bombing civilians, that the protests grew very large in size. What does that tell us? Not that the protestors are necessarily right, but that they’re responding to what they believe is an injustice. The organizers may be radical, in support of Hamas, the bulk of protestors are not. 

And this also has a bearing on “from the river to the sea” as well. The organizers lead the students in this chant. Some of them really do want the eradication of Jews in the region. Others probably see it as a legitimate cry for Palestinian independence. But I am skeptical that the students who are chanting it have given any thought to what it means beyond “we want Israel to stop bombing civilians.” 

Interesting that your point is, in part, that the students at elite universities are gullible and uneducated.  Sadly, I tend to agree. In the end I do not think this makes them unique, historically.  We all, or at least most of us, tended towards our passions when we were young.  Age tempered our passions with experience.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks again.  Are you OK with training current and future terrorist regimes that if they hide behind their civilians with no concern about their welfare whatsoever, the onus is on the victims (Israel, 10/7) to just acquiesce and let the terrorists survive, stay in power, and rape and murder more women and children in the future?

It’s a fair question and it’s a difficult question, and this was basically the theme of Steven Spielberg’s Munich and dozens of other movies and books. And it haunted us in our 19th century struggles against Native Americans and then in Vietnam (fighting against the Viet Cong) and Israel ever since its founding and even before. 

I don’t have a good answer for you. All I can say is that when you stare into the abyss, at some point it stares back. 

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Also, you twisted my words.  I never said that about the Revolutionary War. 

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I know you didn’t say it about the Revolutionary War and I thought that was obvious.  I was saying that I think the phrase I quoted would also apply to the revolutionary war.

The only words of yours I was using were the ones in quotation marks.

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

We’re actually not too far apart here. Except that you place a little too much emphasis on Alinsky. 

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

The only words of yours I was using were the ones in quotation marks.

19 hours ago, TimHauck said:

To once again use the words of the great @jerryskids, wasn’t the Revolutionary War fought to “take back their country that never existed”?

Grammatically, this says that I said the quoted part in the context of the Revolutionary War.  It was a misrepresentation of my words, Squis Lite.  Just apologize and move on.

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Grammatically, this says that I said the quoted part in the context of the Revolutionary War.  It was a misrepresentation of my words, Squis Lite.  Just apologize and move on.

I’m sorry you misunderstood what I wrote. But grammatically only the quoted phrase is being attributed to you.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m sorry you misunderstood what I wrote. But grammatically only the quoted phrase is being attributed to you.

I understand quite well.  The quoted part is attributed to me in the context of the Revolutionary War.

If I said:  In the words of the great TimHauck, football helmets are "made of metal" to protect your head... would the reader think you said "made of metal" in the context of football helmets, or say, copper piping in your house?

Learn something and apologize, or don't, I'm done with this and don't feel like responding to your yip yip dog utterly incorrect arguments for the rest of the day.  

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I understand quite well.  The quoted part is attributed to me in the context of the Revolutionary War.

If I said:  In the words of the great TimHauck, football helmets are "made of metal" to protect your head... would the reader think you said "made of metal" in the context of football helmets, or say, copper piping in your house?

Learn something and apologize, or don't, I'm done with this and don't feel like responding to your yip yip dog utterly incorrect arguments for the rest of the day.  

Again, I’m sorry you misunderstood what I wrote.  Anyone following the conversation wouldn’t think that you said that in the context of the revolutionary war.     I still feel that was an accurate analogy in relation to the revolutionary war though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Again, I’m sorry you misunderstood what I wrote.  Anyone following the conversation wouldn’t think that you said that in the context of the revolutionary war.     I still feel that was an accurate analogy in relation to the revolutionary war though

At least two people did; they tagged it with confused faces.  Probably more who didn't bother to tag.  Yip yip, carry on being wrong.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

At least two people did; they tagged it with confused faces.  Probably more who didn't bother to tag.  Yip yip, carry on being wrong.

Yeah, no one really pays attention to Tim's posts.  He was over in the Disney thread insisting Disney was fine and that they weren't losing money too.   So, "being wrong" is what he does like a pro.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Lol not everything is about you. There are a few righties that go around making sad or confused faces on tons of posts they don’t agree with 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, no one really pays attention to Tim's posts.  He was over in the Disney thread insisting Disney was fine and that they weren't losing money too.   So, "being wrong" is what he does like a pro.

Says the guy who repeatedly said someone saying “from the river to the sea” means they want to eradicate all Jews…

51 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Says the guy who repeatedly said someone saying “from the river to the sea” means they want to eradicate all Jews…

That's exactly what it means, dumbsh#t!  :lol: :doh:

If you think you "got me" with that one, you ended up owning yourself.  :lol:

58 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

That's exactly what it means, dumbsh#t!  :lol: :doh:

It doesn’t though

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Fake news.  

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Tim hasn’t been in the Disney thread in a while. Hell, Gutterboy changed his name. It’s a great example of them believing any spin and then they proceed to comment on things way out of their league. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tim hasn’t been in the Disney thread in a while. Hell, Gutterboy changed his name. It’s a great example of them believing any spin and then they proceed to comment on things way out of their league. 

They're all frauds. MDC being the biggest fraud. 

"I'm not a Biden voter". Meanwhile he defends everything Biden does, supports everything the Democrats do and constantly bashes conservatives. 

All par for the course when you're a crackhead living in Fishtown, raised by life long freeloaders. 

He's probably on Shunk S'ing D for a hit right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was good to see young men standing on the right side of things and not with barbaric terrorists, like  their progressive democrat schoolmates. 

• Like 1