Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Chrysler

Headed to Las Vegas next Tuesday. First time out west.

MB:

Boarder grill- (celebs from LA)higher end mexican. good for lunch. good tequila and margeritas

housongs- more like a cantina. these originated in ensenada mexico and it was a hemmingway spot

aureole- (charlie palmer- chicago). one of the best meals i have had in vegas. i did their prix fix menu with wine pairing.

fleur- (hubert keller- sf/napa chef). french californian. i love his restaurants. this menu is more eclectic than his other restaurants

rick moonan seafood- excellent seafood. they also do good rolls

strip steak- (michael mina- sf chef) he is top notch. good steaks, etc... i have a couple of other steakhouses for you.

misc locations:

cosmo has a lot of good restaurants. the one that stands out is e by jose andres (and jaleo). excellent spanish/tapas.

momofuku

scarpetta (scott conant- NY) good italian

china poblano- mex/asian fusion. very interesting

ferraro- italian. nice outdoor ambience. great italian wine list. i have done small plates and many wine samples (they do 2oz pours)

lotus of siam- of strip. very good thai

mesa grill- (bobby flay- NY). very good

Emeril's fish house- MGM. good cajun/creole

hoffbrau haus- more for drinking bier than the food. near ferraro.

mario batali has several restaunts in palazzo/venetian....all were good.

hakkasan- mgm

morimoto- mgm

joel rubichon- mgm...excellent $$$

i happen to be a sucker for tiki bars and love rum. frankie's tiki bar...dive that is off strip. some kitchie places to drink: cabo wabo, margaritaville, el diablo

steak houses i like:

morels- at the palazzo. french steak house. overlooks bellagio fountains. my group used to do late dinners here on their balcony. love it

mon ami gabi- at paris hotel. great value for french bistro. good view of fountains. steak frites rocks

smith and wolinski- traditional steak house

good places to watch games:

Blondies- miracle mile

beer park- paris

pbr bar- miracle mile

aces and ales- off strip. good craft bier and food.

burgers:

burger bar- (hubert keller)

gordon ramsey-

holsteins

bachi

burger brasserie- (paris hotel)

tom coliccio has one but i cannot remember the name

Wow, thanks buddy. That is awesome. I really appreciate it. Definitely want to check out Cabo Wabo. And the steak houses and Italian joints. I'm seeing the Cirque de Celle Michael Jackson show Saturday night. Thanks again.

• Like 2

how old are you? That's a really good zinger if you're like 6. If you're any older than that, you're obviously special needs.

Stop pretending Newbie.

Use the code HOTEL5 to get a $5 discount online for a 3 day unlimited monorail ticket.

Dude named Michael has a Craigslist ad for the David Copperfied show at MGM. $50 for the $120 seats.

We had great seats last week & the wifey went on stage to help on one of the illusions. Focking cool show.

Huddle House a Go Go at the Linq was pretty damn good. You can split a meal there and still need to waddle away from the table.

If you've never been- I suggest taking Airport Shuttle to your hotel. Way cheaper than a cab- might be cheaper than Uber.

Use the code HOTEL5 to get a $5 discount online for a 3 day unlimited monorail ticket.

Dude named Michael has a Craigslist ad for the David Copperfied show at MGM. $50 for the $120 seats.

We had great seats last week & the wifey went on stage to help on one of the illusions. Focking cool show.

Huddle House a Go Go at the Linq was pretty damn good. You can split a meal there and still need to waddle away from the table.

If you've never been- I suggest taking Airport Shuttle to your hotel. Way cheaper than a cab- might be cheaper than Uber.

Thanks! Great tips, Old School

Is there a chance the track could bend? :o

Thanks! Great tips, Old School

the place in the LInq is called Hash House a Go Go. Or at least I thought it was.... but the food is good.

If you like Nachos, hit up Diablos. Its on the strip on the walk between NY/NY and Monte Carlo.

the place in the LInq is called Hash House a Go Go. Or at least I thought it was.... but the food is good.

If you like Nachos, hit up Diablos. Its on the strip on the walk between NY/NY and Monte Carlo.

You are correct- I focked up- Hash House a GoGo-

Might have to wait, but it's good.

And get the monorail tickets soon- the sale expires soon, but the tickets are good for one year.

Here Fido. Here boy

Once a fraud; always a fraud. You'll be banned again.

Roll over boy

O/U on the number of times you hear this in Vegas? :lol:

Is there a chance the track could bend? :o

Not on your life my Hindu friend.

If you end downtown on Fremont Street- Freakmont Street-

Binons' used to be the Horsehoe-

There's a Tony Roma's in there where you can grab prime rib, baked potatoe & veggie for $9.95 from 3to 6 or something like that. Not great, but not a bad quick meal.

Sign up for their players club at Binons- it was the only place where we actually got any kind of bonus.

They have some low key $5 blackjack tables where I taught the wife how to play. Was less stress than downtown for a beginner.

There's a zip line over Fremont Street-

Be warned- it's a damn freak show after dark.

• Like 1

I'm not looking this up, but a couple of friends went recently and saw something called pen1s puppetry. Somewhere in town was a show where dudes on stage tie their dongs into balloon animals or something like that.

You are correct- I focked up- Hash House a GoGo-

Might have to wait, but it's good.

:thumbsup:

Yeah the lines to get in can get focking crazy but it's well worth the wait,of course if you happen to be a diamond member with Caesars you get to cut line.

i am expecting a daily report!

Vegas was awesome. Did a lot of the 'touristy' things you'd expect of someone who's never been there. Ate a few times at the House of Blues in the Mandalay Bay. Simply because it was convenient and in our hotel.

Had drinks and a bite to eat at Cabo Wabo. Saw the fountain show at Bellagio a couple different times. Including once at night which was beautiful. Went on the High Roller, which was great. We spent Sunday on Fremont Street. That was quite an experience. Some good people watching there. LOL also zip-lined for the first time in my life over Fremont Street.

Caught the cirque de sole Michael Jackson show Saturday night. That gave me the chills. The choreography and acrobatics were unbelievable.

• Like 1

first time out west :rolleyes:

what about that time you went to LA or something and tried to hit on one of the geek chicks?

first time out west :rolleyes:

what about that time you went to LA or something and tried to hit on one of the geek chicks?

there are geek chicks? I've yet to run into one in my two months here

there are geek chicks? I've yet to run into one in my two months here

Lying sack.