Sign in to follow this  
BobSanders_33

Rookie RB Steal of the Draft

A few years ago the NFC West was the worst division in football. Things change in the NFL.

Lots of young talent - the key will be Bortles. Does he have what it takes?

No, he does not.

'nuff said.

You'll have to pardon the rest of us if we actually see what he can do with a supporting cast.

Jax is one of those teams that is quietly improving. Especially in the NFC South they may be a playoff contender sooner than people think

You'll have to pardon the rest of us if we actually see what he can do with a supporting cast.

Je vous en prie

What I don't get is: There's an overlying element of Jaguars hate everywhere I read.

Yet so many people are high on Allen Robinson in a dynasty perspective.

Who is trolling whom?

• Like 1

What I don't get is: There's an overlying element of Jaguars hate everywhere I read.

Yet so many people are high on Allen Robinson in a dynasty perspective.

Who is trolling whom?

If you trust a jag, youre a jag. Whether youre an uar or an off, thats up to you.

If you trust a jag, youre a jag. Whether youre an uar or an off, thats up to you.

Its the NFL. There's only so many years a team cannot produce multiple fantasy football assets. I mean honestly, what teams lately haven't produced at least two quality fantasy starters for over two-three years in a row?

Oakland?

Its the NFL. There's only so many years a team cannot produce multiple fantasy football assets. I mean honestly, what teams lately haven't produced at least two quality fantasy starters for over two-three years in a row?

Oakland?

I have faith in jax to continue in their awful ways.

I know, he technically wasn't drafted...Thomas Rawls. If your roster is deep or you play dynasty this brother runs mean. Lynch has not only carried the ball a lot, but they were punishing carries. Although I like Turbin, I don't get a sense the team is sold on him as a replacement for Lynch. GN and Rawls will be battling it out for that last slot during mini-camp and preseason, and there is a decent chance Rawls wins.

I know, he technically wasn't drafted...Thomas Rawls. If your roster is deep or you play dynasty this brother runs mean. Lynch has not only carried the ball a lot, but they were punishing carries. Although I like Turbin, I don't get a sense the team is sold on him as a replacement for Lynch. GN and Rawls will be battling it out for that last slot during mini-camp and preseason, and there is a decent chance Rawls wins.

Christine Michael?

Christine Michael?

The most OVERRATED backup running back in the history of ever.

And every season I see someone waste a late pick on him , when they could have taken another Qb that players and scores points .

And every season I see someone waste a late pick on him , when they could have taken another Qb that players and scores points .

Whats the difference when both players are just sitting on your bench?

• Like 1

The hype train on C Mike was almost as large as with Cordarelle Patterson. But idk why anyone would think Rawls would be the guy to step into Lynch's shoes if he goes down or retires. SEA would likely go full blown RBBC with C Mike handling early downs and Turbin holding 3rd down/CoP role.

• Like 1

Whats the difference when both players are just sitting on your bench?

Didn't you know FBN? You're supposed to fill your starting roster and then draft all QBs. That way you can trade them all for elite players. Its so easy a caveman could do it

• Like 1

But idk why anyone would think Rawls would be the guy to step into Lynch's shoes if he goes down or retires.

Because Rawls is a BAMF.

Didn't you know FBN? You're supposed to fill your starting roster and then draft all QBs. That way you can trade them all for elite players. Its so easy a caveman could do it

Those cavepaws, err i mean cavemen really know their football.

The Varga Bus is coming (consider that phrase heretofore copyrighted),

... from the makers of the Yugo

• Like 1

Whats the difference when both players are just sitting on your bench?[/quot

The extra Qb coming of your bench if you needed him to would have scored points . Christie has done nothing , so if you needed Christie you would have nothing . At least the Qb would have helped you out by scoring points for your team

Christine Michael?

Never trust a RB named Christine.

SEA - RB Christine Michael's time to shine?

Source: ESPN.com - Terry Blount

Seattle Seahawks RB Christine Michael will handle a bulk of the running back duties during the offseason with RB Marshawn Lynch and RB Robert Turbin (hip) expected to see little playing time prior to the regular season. 'This is his time,' head coach Pete Carroll said. 'So we're going to push him in that regard and try to match up with his expectations. He wants to be a front-line back and he has tremendous talent. We'll see how it goes.'

Michael has a ton of natural talent as a runner--he just needs to stay healthy. His college career at Texas A&M wasn't as productive as it could have been because of a knee injury. During his pro career, Michael has flashed starter's ability as he awaits an opportunity for more playing time. He's tough between the tackles, has pistons for legs and can drive for extra yards after contact.

I refuse to get sucked into the hype. He's as useless as boobies on a nun.

• Like 1

Yea he is the perfect example of a player that someone will draft , they do every draft every league and he will sit there and add nothing to someone fantasy roster spot , when they could have taken a back up Qb that starts games and when or if needed will produce for them .

Yea he is the perfect example of a player that someone will draft , they do every draft every league and he will sit there and add nothing to someone fantasy roster spot , when they could have taken a back up Qb that starts games and when or if needed will produce for them .

It is all about risk vs reward and a late round lottery ticket. It isn't clear what Christine Michael is possible of doing. There are several backs going ahead of him in ADP including Andre Williams, David Johnson, Danny Woodhead and Steven Ridley. He is going right before Helu, Oliver and Stacy. I'm a guy that would much rather spend a 13/14 round pick on a player like Michael than all of the guys listed above.

It is all about risk vs reward and a late round lottery ticket. It isn't clear what Christine Michael is possible of doing. There are several backs going ahead of him in ADP including Andre Williams, David Johnson, Danny Woodhead and Steven Ridley. He is going right before Helu, Oliver and Stacy. I'm a guy that would much rather spend a 13/14 round pick on a player like Michael than all of the guys listed above.

I'd take Woodhead and maybey Ridley before C Mike of the backs you list.

I thought Tevin Coleman was the most underrated back in the NFL draft. He's in a decent situation and, like Chris Johnson's rookie year, Coleman should get a lot of yards in big chunks.

I thought Tevin Coleman was the most underrated back in the NFL draft. He's in a decent situation and, like Chris Johnson's rookie year, Coleman should get a lot of yards in big chunks.

Translation: Buy Devonta Freeman on the cheap

• Like 1

you can't tell how some of these rookie rb's will do until they start playing

No RB is going to light it up with limited carries. Unless Jacksonville makes Yeldon the true starting back, he won't be effective.

Sure the number of carries will make the difference for any Rb season . But how effective do you think Yeldon will be even if he is the number one Rb for the Jags? . I am having a very hard time buying into any hype about a player From the Jags . They are still the Jags .

The Jaguars offensive line last season had nearly no continuity with the players nor the coaches, and that was amplified by the retirement of Brad Meester, Luke Joeckel switching sides on the line in just his second year in the pros, and the unfortunate situation with George Yarno (O-Line coach).

i don't think enough people are paying attention to the fact that Doug Marrone was added this offseason to be the offensive line coach. While with the Jets and Saints their offensive lines protected the quarterback fairly well. While he's nothing to write home about as a head coach, as a specific position coach I think he's definitely an upgrade for a young o-line

Ultimately, it comes down to whether Bortles can improve. If he makes strides in his game, this Jaguars team is going to be better than people think

• Like 1

Sure the number of carries will make the difference for any Rb season . But how effective do you think Yeldon will be even if he is the number one Rb for the Jags? . I am having a very hard time buying into any hype about a player From the Jags . They are still the Jags .

The Jagaur hate is out of control. Must be jealousy.

I know this place just reeks of Jaguar jealousy. Im glad someone else could smell it besides me. Maybe this year we can get to 5 wins!

Sorry

I know this place just reeks of Jaguar jealousy. Im glad someone else could smell it besides me. Maybe this year we can get to 5 wins!

5 wins this year...

Play-offs in 2016

5 wins this year...

Play-offs in 2016

Teams dont make the playoffs with horrible qbs. Its hard enough with a mediocre qb like cutler.

I don't think Bortles is horrible. That o line really hurt him. That and being thrust into the starting gig when Henne proved to be done. Jax has done a good job of surrounding him with weapons. They take a step forward this year.

Teams dont make the playoffs with horrible qbs. Its hard enough with a mediocre qb like cutler.

In all fairness to Bortles, you have to give him some time. I'd rather see a young guy learn behind an established vet (see Rodgers). I believe you can ruin a career by throwing someone into the fire.

But, they do have weapons and should be competitive.