Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the NFL

I see this forearm has an excellent grasp of what collusion is. :thumbsup:

I suppose 32 people reaching a consensus on talent versus cost is collusion to you? I guess the airlines have colluded to keep me from being an airline pilot as well. :rolleyes:

This might not expose collusion against Kaepernick, but there might be a whole lot of other skeletons in those closets. Toradol, CTE, suspensions (or a lack thereof), money exchanging hands, etc. The NFL would almost be wise to nominate a dummy team to sign him, or publicly offer him a contract. That would essentially negate any lawsuit no?

This won't expose anything of the sort but his actions will continue to destroy a game that so many of his 'oppressed' followers draw a paycheck from. He's nothing more than a disgruntled worker trying to wreck the company after being asked to leave.

and thats why you are a liberal, you truly think things should favor the worker, not the guy who puts up all the risk and creates jobs

Call me crazy but I think the on field talent is much more responsible for the NFL's success than the random collection of billionaires who pay the bills.

Call me crazy but I think the on field talent is much more responsible for the NFL's success than the random collection of billionaires who pay the bills.

Crazy

Without investors, no enterprise will succeed.

Crazy

Obama would have built it with his sons.HTH

Crazy

I'm pretty sure we could find another group of millionaires to cut the checks. We can't even find 32 guys who are qualified to quarterback a team.

People who watch are the NFL's success. The employees don't really care about that, but the NFL owner's know it. Doesn't take collusion for them do what is necessary for their individual franchises.

However, this whole thing is another dog and pony show. Kaepernick filed nothing. It was filed on his behalf. We still have no word from Kaep that he actually wants to play football.

I'm pretty sure we could find another group of millionaires to cut the checks. We can't even find 32 guys who are qualified to quarterback a team.

But someone else would STILL write checks............. :doh:

But someone else would STILL write checks............. :doh:

The owners are replaceable, the talent isn't.

Really?

Then why is the average NFL career 3 years? What's the turnover rate for Team owners?

Do you really need to ask these questions or are you just playing stupid now?

Sheesh.

Yeah?

And what mechanism would have them move from playgrounds to major venues paying them millions? Themselves?

Wake up. It's not as though the contribution of the players is worthless; they're paid millions. To say, though, that the owners and the NFL structure itself isn't more responsible is pure ignorance.

Here's the proper take: they're equally responsible. But the creator(s) of the league hold the more valuable - and rare - position. That's why they can both gain more and lose more.

I'm very tired of leftists who are utterly ignorant of economics.

Yeah?

And what mechanism would have them move from playgrounds to major venues paying them millions? Themselves?

Wake up. It's not as though the contribution of the players is worthless; they're paid millions. To say, though, that the owners and the NFL structure itself isn't more responsible is pure ignorance.

Here's the proper take: they're equally responsible. But the creator(s) of the league hold the more valuable - and rare - position. That's why they can both gain more and lose more.

I'm very tired of leftists who are utterly ignorant of economics.

The idea that NFL owners "create" jobs is laughable. An NFL franchise is pretty much a no risk proposition and a license to print money. You could replace all 32 owners tomorrow and nobody would notice who is writing those checks.

You guys are hilarious.

The owners are replaceable, the talent isn't.

You want to keep lobbing stupid softballs, we'll keep smashing them out of the park. One after the other, kids are given scholarships to play football in college.

Of course the talent is replaceable. New athletes are born every day. Philadelphia replaced Cunningham several times, and now has Wentz - who wasn't born when Cunningham was a rookie.

Stop being stupid.

You want to keep lobbing stupid softballs, we'll keep smashing them out of the park. One after the other, kids are given scholarships to play football in college.

Of course the talent is replaceable. New athletes are born every day. Philadelphia replaced Cunningham several times, and now has Wentz - who wasn't born when Cunningham was a rookie.

Stop being stupid.

Who do the Eagles miss more if he's replaced tomorrow: Wentz or Lurie?

That's right, the QB. I hope you've learned something here.

The idea that NFL owners "create" jobs is laughable. An NFL franchise is pretty much a no risk proposition and a license to print money. You could replace all 32 owners tomorrow and nobody would notice who is writing those checks.

You guys are hilarious.

BTW: just as being born with incredible athleticism is.

:doh:

When the NFL first began, it wasn't so. It was a major risk. Now, you're correct. However: these owners don't just pop out of ether. They all come from disparate backgrounds involving major risk and major reward. The number of people who even qualify to own an NFL team is dwarfed by the number of people who have the athletic talent to play on an NFL team.

Your ignorance on economics is terminal.

I heard Colin Kaepernick is still looking for a job. I might have one that is right up his alley. Kneeling and picking weeds off the White House lawn! MAGA!!

20,634 replies9,799 retweets48,529 likes
Retweet

:lol:

Do you really need to ask these questions or are you just playing stupid now?

Sheesh.

You're the one being obtuse.

It's harder to find someone willing to put hundreds of million on the line than it is to field a decent team.

BTW: just as being born with incredible athleticism is.

When the NFL first began, it wasn't so. It was a major risk. Now, you're correct. However: these owners don't just pop out of ether. They all come from disparate backgrounds involving major risk and major reward. The number of people who even qualify to own an NFL team is dwarfed by the number of people who have the athletic talent to play on an NFL team.

Your ignorance on economics is terminal.

See my question above. If Lurie died tomorrow there would be a line of millionaires ready to take his place. If the same thing happened to Wentz it might be another 10 years before the Eagles found an adequate replacement.

HTH but I doubt it does.

It only takes two parties to be collusion, you simpleton. It doesn't have to be every team.

Whether there was collusion or not....the words "He's not good enough for us to sign to our team" is the trump card. What is someone gonna do, yell "Yes he is good enough!" at the top of their lungs?

Have a 3rd party determine he is good enough? LOL.

Who do the Eagles miss more if he's replaced tomorrow: Wentz or Lurie?

That's right, the QB. I hope you've learned something here.

Anyone can cluck about what's easy and guaranteed after something is already established, FFS.

We're not talking about the mechanism of day to day operations. We're talking of the mechanism which established the NFL.

And you didn't, nor did an 'athlete'. Someone with money who chose to take a risk did.

See my question above. If Lurie died tomorrow there would be a line of millionaires ready to take his place. If the same thing happened to Wentz it might be another 10 years before the Eagles found an adequate replacement.

HTH but I doubt it does.

Since revenues are down as well as viewership, I'd say the pool of willing investors is getting shallower and shallower.

HTH but I doubt it does.

'Adequate'? This isn't about adequate, pork chop, and it represents a shift of goal posts to characterize this argument as such. These athletes would have no outlet to earn millions had the league not been started decades ago. The idea started with far fewer people than those who gravitated towards it as a result.

Think about that - carefully. In your case, consult with others. The idea and the risk capital started with far fewer people than the number who gravitated towards it as a result.

Understand? This world rewards ideas more handsomely than it does athleticism.

Fortunately, both are rewarded, comrade. They are not equal; they are merely different.

<And now, to address the present, I'll continue patiently>

Again: this is about what established the mechanism which future people like Lurie were then able to take advantage of - but not before they had their own life story, in which they worked hard and risked much to get where they were to even POSITION themselves to be qualified to own an NFL team.

You love to imagine millionaires into existence, as though they weren't exceptional stories behind their situations.

And there wouldn't be a 'line' of players willing to take Wentz' place? How many are there more of? Exceptional stories of millionaires, or athletes?

Anyone can cluck about what's easy and guaranteed after something is already established, FFS.

We're not talking about the mechanism of day to day operations. We're talking of the mechanism which established the NFL.

And you didn't, nor did an 'athlete'. Someone with money who chose to take a risk did.

How many of the active 32 owners contributed to the NFL during its formative years?

'Adequate'? This isn't about adequate, pork chop, and it represents a shift of goal posts to characterize this argument as such. These athletes would have no outlet to earn millions had the league not been started decades ago. The idea started with far fewer people than those who gravitated towards it as a result.

Think about that - carefully. In your case, consult with others. The idea and the risk capital started with far fewer people than the number who gravitated towards it as a result.

Understand? This world rewards ideas more handsomely than it does athleticism.

Fortunately, both are rewarded, comrade. They are not equal; they are merely different.

<And now, to address the present, I'll continue patiently>

Again: this is about what established the mechanism which future people like Lurie were then able to take advantage of - but not before they had their own life story, in which they worked hard and risked much to get where they were to even POSITION themselves to be qualified to own an NFL team.

You love to imagine millionaires into existence, as though they weren't exceptional stories behind their situations.

And there wouldn't be a 'line' of players willing to take Wentz' place? How many are there more of? Exceptional stories of millionaires, or athletes?

So if they disappeared tomorrow who is more replaceable: Lurie or Wentz?

Stop bobbing and weaving and just answer the focking question.

The mere fact that he thinks he is going to prove that the NFL is blackballing him shows not just how stupid HE is but also the people he has around him. I can just see it now. His GF in his ear " honey. they are blackballing you. you need to file something against them"

The language in the CBA basically makes it impossible to prove unless they have teams red handed on tape saying lets not sign Kaep. There will never ever be that. Him being unemployed is not evidence he is being blackballed.

How many of the active 32 owners contributed to the NFL during its formative years?

Non sequitur. Just as Wentz' family didn't 'contribute' to Wentz' multi-million dollar contract - but are enjoying the benefits of it - this conversation is about what exactly was put on the line to establish the NFL.

Former players are now part of some team's ownership, are they not?

Would they have done so had they not benefitted from playing?

You want to gloss over the original risk; the individuals who had the original vision. You just want to squawk now that it's easy to be an owner.

Non sequitur. Just as Wentz' family didn't 'contribute' to Wentz' multi-million dollar contract - but are enjoying the benefits of it - this conversation is about what exactly was put on the line to establish the NFL.

Former players are now part of some team's ownership, are they not?

Would they have done so had they not benefitted from playing?

You want to gloss over the original risk; the individuals who had the original vision. You just want to squawk now that it's easy to be an owner.

Answer my question coward.

So if they disappeared tomorrow who is more replaceable: Lurie or Wentz?

Stop bobbing and weaving and just answer the focking question.

Wentz.

There are more qualified athletes than there are qualified billionaires - and many more who are willing.

You don't see it because you don't see much that isn't colored by your envy glasses.

Wentz.

There are more qualified athletes than there are qualified billionaires - and many more who are willing.

You don't see it because you don't see much that isn't colored by your envy glasses.

:lol: WOW

Has Kap received his reparations yet?

is that what this is really about?

What does this world reward more handsomely, MDC? Great ideas, or great athleticism?

Lurie had no great idea other than leveraging his enormous wealth to join an exclusive club of owners who are all virtually guaranteed to get richer.

I don't begrudge any of them their success but to act like this is a group of innovators who built the league is laughable. About half of them inherited their franchise and most of the others bought in within the last 20-25 years when the league was already well established.

There was no great idea or risk involved. :doh:

Not once has MDC demonstrated the courage to wander into the core of this debate, which is the value of the reward of the original entrepreneurs who started the NFL.

These owners are paying the freight of that value. It costs hundreds of millions of dollars to buy into the NFL at this point.

And - at this point - a person in such a position now can ask themselves if the heady investment is worth it, considering the reversal of fortune of the NFL at the moment.

But MDC blithely ignores those variables. He ignores anything which challenges his silly beliefs.

Lurie had no great idea other than leveraging his enormous wealth to join an exclusive club of owners who are all virtually guaranteed to get richer.

Whups. Sidled right past the key qualification there. Where did that enormous wealth come from?

I don't begrudge any of them their success but to act like this is a group of innovators who built the league is laughable.

It sure is laughable - because you invented that claim. NO ONE has said that; that's part of what you just invented in your head in order to convince yourself that you're even near winning this argument. We're talking about the ORIGINAL group of innovators. That it requires BILLIONAIRES to buy in now is proof of the value of those original innovators.

And you absolutely do 'begrudge their success', because you're attempting to equate it to the value of someone who was born athletic, and worked hard to hone the skill. They're both valuable, but they're DIFFERENT.

And the OWNER'S stake is more valuable than the player's stake, as determined by the market.

Period.

About half of them inherited their franchise and most of the others bought in within the last 20-25 years when the league was already well established.

There was no great idea or risk involved. :doh:

Their risk came in accumulating billions to begin with, FFS. You really aren't capable of understanding the topic of economics.

Not once has MDC demonstrated the courage to wander into the core of this debate, which is the value of the reward of the original entrepreneurs who started the NFL.

These owners are paying the freight of that value. It costs hundreds of millions of dollars to buy into the NFL at this point.

And - at this point - a person in such a position now can ask themselves if the heady investment is worth it, considering the reversal of fortune of the NFL at the moment.

But MDC blithely ignores those variables. He ignores anything which challenges his silly beliefs.

You think there is risk to owning an NFL franchise, when even the worst owners are printing $.

You think NFL owners are innovators, even though almost half inherited the franchise and the rest bought in when the league was already well established.

You think there are qualified QBs out there ready to play at Wentz's level tomorrow.

Then after making these jaw droppingly retarded claims you pat yourself on the back for your understanding of economics?

It's possible you aren't as smart as you think you are.

You think there is risk to owning an NFL franchise, when even the worst owners are printing $.

Of course there is risk. In fact, Goodell may be - right now - in the process of testing that level, and increasing it.

You think NFL owners are innovators

No, I never said that, and I'm utterly tired of running around stamping out brush fires that you create out of your imagination. I said that the innovators were the small group of ORIGINATORS.

How about you stop inventing crap in your head which you then use to convince yourself that you're correct?

even though almost half inherited the franchise and the rest bought in when the league was already well established.

You think there are qualified QBs out there ready to play at Wentz's level tomorrow.

I never said this either. I said that there would be other qualified athletes, and that's all I said. It'd be like considering if there would be an owner who runs the Eagles franchise like Lurie does. No one is addressing that, but you feel the need to invent stuff like this to drag the argument into places you think you need to in order to win the argument.

Winning the argument for you requires you to distance yourself from the core of the contention: this life rewards great ideas more and better than it does great athleticism.

Proof is what the original founders of the AFL have created.

Then after making these jaw droppingly retarded claims you pat yourself on the back for your understanding of economics?

It's possible you aren't as smart as you think you are.

But I never made those claims. You did. You invented them.

And you're badly losing this debate as a result.