Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Division Realignment

I know some of you have wanted some form of this for a few years. So let's have a quorum, and figure out a suitable plan going forward.

1) No realignment

2) Realign once (or maybe every 5 years?)

3) Random realignment every season

4) Somethig else?

ETA: I propose we rename the divisions Leaf, Russel and Leinart.

3 and it shouldn't be random.

top 3 each get placed in a different division and the other 9 @ random

Leaf, Jerkmarcus and Mandarich

I vote 1.

I like rivalries. And the balance of power has shifted a few times already, so that every division has had its up and down period.

But I'm not intense about it.

I vote 4, but content with 3, really indifferent all together.

I like the idea as top 4 from previous year in one division, next 4 in other division, and bottom 4 in final division. I really have enjoyed the competitiveness of my current division over the years,( I got kuntulu :banana: , narc boy :nono: , and cat fockers :bench: which makes for a nice circle jerk) so like I said, whatever anyone decides is cool with me.

:music_guitarred:

I like the idea as top 4 from previous year in one division, next 4 in other division, and bottom 4 in final division.

I get the thinking. You likely knock a couple of the better teams out of the playoffs with this alignment, and you let in a couple of worse teams.

But what you are also doing is giving good teams better draft picks, and giving worse teams better draft picks. Therefore, while on a season to season basis you are creating a bit more parity, in the long run you are doing more to divide the top from the bottom.

I vote 1. I agree with cbfalcon. You need to keep it the same to create rivalries. If you have been in this league a few years and have not made the playoffs then you really only have yourself to blame and not the division you're in. There will be shifts in division power through the years.

12 teams

15 weeks

after 1st 5 weeks, the team with the least points scored is out of the league till next year.

so on and so forth.

after week 6 next lowest scoring team (year total) is out, 10 remaining

after week 7 next lowest scoring team is out, 9 remaining

after week 8 next lowest scoring team is out, 8 remaining

after week 9 next lowest scoring team is out, 7 remaining

after week 10 next lowest scoring team is out, 6 remaining

after week 11 next lowest scoring team is out, 5 remaining

after week 12 next lowest scoring team is out, 4 remaining

after week 13 next lowest scoring team is out, 3 remaining

after week 14 next lowest scoring team is out, 2 remaining

Week 15 is the finals

don't have to worry about people quitting after week 5. if you are out, you are unable to make pickups or trades.

12 teams

15 weeks

after 1st 5 weeks, the team with the least points scored is out of the league till next year.

so on and so forth.

after week 6 next lowest scoring team (year total) is out, 10 remaining

after week 7 next lowest scoring team is out, 9 remaining

after week 8 next lowest scoring team is out, 8 remaining

after week 9 next lowest scoring team is out, 7 remaining

after week 10 next lowest scoring team is out, 6 remaining

after week 11 next lowest scoring team is out, 5 remaining

after week 12 next lowest scoring team is out, 4 remaining

after week 13 next lowest scoring team is out, 3 remaining

after week 14 next lowest scoring team is out, 2 remaining

Week 15 is the finals

don't have to worry about people quitting after week 5. if you are out, you are unable to make pickups or trades.

That is bad in so many ways. First off if some young undrafted free agent emerges after week 5 then some teams will not even have the opportunity to pick him up. Being a dynasty league, that is blatantly unfair to a weak team that needs to improve. Secondly, I like being setup like the NFL. The Super Bowl team is the best team at the end of the year, not necessarily the best team throughout the year. Teams have the chance to get better throughout the year. This encourages trades and waiver wire moves. Thirdly, Head to Head play is just more fun. You are playing against another team not against a whole league. Man against Man.

That is bad in so many ways. First off if some young undrafted free agent emerges after week 5 then some teams will not even have the opportunity to pick him up. Being a dynasty league, that is blatantly unfair to a weak team that needs to improve. Secondly, I like being setup like the NFL. The Super Bowl team is the best team at the end of the year, not necessarily the best team throughout the year. Teams have the chance to get better throughout the year. This encourages trades and waiver wire moves. Thirdly, Head to Head play is just more fun. You are playing against another team not against a whole league. Man against Man.

No one out of it pays attention after week 5..

HTH

No one out of it pays attention after week 5..

HTH

WoodheadWood would have been the third team eliminated this year but by the end of the year he had the 5th most points and ended up in the championship game. Not all people give up. Its pretty stupid to give up on a dynasty team. Towards the end of the year is when a weak team can trade a key veteran player to a playoff team and stock up on some draft picks.

WoodheadWood would have been the third team eliminated this year but by the end of the year he had the 5th most points and ended up in the championship game. Not all people give up. Its pretty stupid to give up on a dynasty team. Towards the end of the year is when a weak team can trade a key veteran player to a playoff team and stock up on some draft picks.

H2H sucks

On one hand I don't care on the other I'm against any realignment in a dynasty. I say we get rid of all divisions. Keep head to head but play double headers each week. Then add a third game each week: top six scoring teams earn a win, bottom six earn a loss. You keep the head to head component with the trash talk but you lessen the effect of getting boned just by playing the wrong team a certain week. Sure it's possible you get two losses if you're the third highest scoring team but pretty remote and you would still get the one win being in the top half of the league.

I love how everyone has a completely different idea of what to do. Probably a good indicator that we should just leave it as is. The way it is set up with the 6th seed being highest scoring remaining team, it pretty much guarantees the cream will always rise to the top, regardless of divisions or records.

I too like the rivalries. I'm especially looking forward to giving med some payback next year.

I love how everyone has a completely different idea of what to do. Probably a good indicator that we should just leave it as is. The way it is set up with the 6th seed being highest scoring remaining team, it pretty much guarantees the cream will always rise to the top, regardless of divisions or records.

I too like the rivalries. I'm especially looking forward to giving med some payback next year.

Yeah, sorry you asked, wtf are some of these clowns talking about, I thought the way I suggested was a little different, could hardly follow some these posts. I am happy with my division, always competitive.

:music_guitarred:

The way it is set up with the 6th seed being highest scoring remaining team, it pretty much guarantees the cream will always rise to the top, regardless of divisions or records.

you're welcome

H2H sucks

So does your mom

ETA: I like 1 also, but like CB said, I'm not passionate about either.

Just don't listed to edjrs banned ass doing away with H2H talk. He's a tard

So does your mom

ETA: I like 1 also, but like CB said, I'm not passionate about either.

Just don't listed to edjrs banned ass doing away with H2H talk. He's a tard

Not banned assbag

I vote 1. I agree with cbfalcon. You need to keep it the same to create rivalries. If you have been in this league a few years and have not made the playoffs then you really only have yourself to blame and not the division you're in. There will be shifts in division power through the year.

No matter what division cbf is in, I am gonna hate his FF guts. That being said, having gary and ed in the same division is usually pretty helpful.