Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Antonion Brown with 3rd Pick in PPR?

I think it's ok in that format but it would still be hard to not take AD, Charles, or Bell.

Ironically I'm thinking of taking him as well with the 3rd pick in a standard just because I'm already keeping J. Hill and L. Murray. It's a tough call.

Can't pass on a stud rb , it's easier to fine wr IMO later in the draft .

i just did a mock..and I took Brown Nelson Cobb as my 3 picks then Ellington ingram and Maclin with my 4th 5th and 6th picks...Not a bad draft

and do we really consider charles a stud back still?? He only had 250 pts vs browns 380..Bell will miss games and AP is a huge question mark?..I mean LAMAR MILLER had 225 pts and hes going 4th-5th round

• Like 1

I consider Charles a stud back .

i just did a mock..and I took Brown Nelson Cobb as my 3 picks then Ellington ingram and Maclin with my 4th 5th and 6th picks...Not a bad draft

Yea but hard to judge a mock draft , don't know what everyone else is trying to do .

I've taken Brown that early multiple times in PPR mocks. He's more consistent than any RB in that spot. I have taken WRs in the first three rounds and really liked my teams. In a format where I only have to start 2 RBs and can start 4 WRs I'm going to load up on stud WRs.

I've taken Brown that early multiple times in PPR mocks. He's more consistent than any RB in that spot. I have taken WRs in the first three rounds and really liked my teams. In a format where I only have to start 2 RBs and can start 4 WRs I'm going to load up on stud WRs.

ya and in my league i can start 1 rb 4 wrs..so prob going brown

ya and in my league i can start 1 rb 4 wrs..so prob going brown

That's a no brainer then. I like to get three top WRs and then one or two more late with upside. I try to get about five RBs that are going to start but are being passed up on like Ellington, Blount and Ivory. Then pick up some backups that have a great chance of getting a starting job and backs that get plenty of receptions. Woodhead is a great late round pickup in PPR.

Cant pass up a top 5 rb if you have the chance to draft one. You will have wrs for days available but the rbs dry up fast. That guy in this thread is happy with Ingram and Ellington? GL. Take the RB that early and dont think twice.

I was having a similar debate on reddit with someone. He said hed rather have Julio/forsett over Lynch/Cobb. I had to point out that Lynch outscored forsett and Cobb outscored Julio, id wayyy rather have Lynch/Cobb. I know some would disagree but those people are simply not as smart about FF. That said, any combo could work out and FF is about 80% luck so it doesnt matter.

i would take brown over any RB or WR just because how special he is in that offense and his QB constantly looking for him in a pass heavy scheme. Specially so in PPR.

I think the odds are more in favor of Brown finishing as a top 5 WR than one of those RBs finishing as a top 5 RB.

A lot of people are throwing Ellingtons name around as their starter if they draft receivers to start. What has Ellington to be trusted at all? The guy is an ok talent to start. Hes definitely not a special rb. Plus he has been dinged up a lot. It may have to do with his tough division while also being under sized. I want nothing to do with Ellington. Plus David Johnson is going to surprise people with his running and catching abilities.

If you're only starting one running back and you start FOUR receivers you HAVE to go stud receiver early. Even in a 10 team league you're looking at a team rolling out the 40th best WR at minimum every week. Also factor in bye weeks and that WR pool is going to be reaching Rod Streater, Cecil Shorts, Aaron Dobson territory.

I'm actually surprised by the number of responses for a running back given the OP's league format.

If you're only starting one running back and you start FOUR receivers you HAVE to go stud receiver early. Even in a 10 team league you're looking at a team rolling out the 40th best WR at minimum every week. Also factor in bye weeks and that WR pool is going to be reaching Rod Streater, Cecil Shorts, Aaron Dobson territory.

I'm actually surprised by the number of responses for a running back given the OP's league format.

^ this.

matter of fact, damn good chance a quality rb slides to late 2nd/early 3rd, given the league's roster parameters.

if I had the first pick in this draft, I'd go AB with zero hesitation ... he might not make it to ya at third overall.

So if you have a 1 player keeper league and your keeper is Lacy. PPR league you pick #1.

Your best options are Charles and Antonio Brown? I was thinking Charles but I am having second thoughts.

Charles/lacy looks awesome but? Then my top WR's would be likely be two of these J.Matthews, Andre Johnson, Cooks, Bryant or Hopkins.

Or take Antonio and have lacy/Antonio and grab two of these Ingram/Randle/Murray with J.Matthews, Andre Johnson, Cooks, Bryant or Hopkins

Hmmm it's got me thinking.

I would be ok with two of the receivers in the first group. Im not so sure you will get two of them in a keeper though. Lacy antonio is probably your best bet.

• Like 1

I would be ok with two of the receivers in the first group. Im not so sure you will get two of them in a keeper though. Lacy antonio is probably your best bet.

Thanks FBN I know your all over this board I respect your opinion. Yeah plus it's easier to have more options at 3/4 turn picking back to back and not be forced to go WR/WR. Atleast Antonio Lacy is a great start!

Thanks FBN I know your all over this board I respect your opinion. Yeah plus it's easier to have more options at 3/4 turn picking back to back and not be forced to go WR/WR. Atleast Antonio Lacy is a great start!

Youre welcome. I just like chatting about the foozball.

So if you have a 1 player keeper league and your keeper is Lacy. PPR league you pick #1.

Your best options are Charles and Antonio Brown? I was thinking Charles but I am having second thoughts.

Charles/lacy looks awesome but? Then my top WR's would be likely be two of these J.Matthews, Andre Johnson, Cooks, Bryant or Hopkins.

Or take Antonio and have lacy/Antonio and grab two of these Ingram/Randle/Murray with J.Matthews, Andre Johnson, Cooks, Bryant or Hopkins

Hmmm it's got me thinking.

You already have a top rb so in this case I would go get Brown .

• Like 1

In no format, size, or any league of any kind would I say taking anything other than an RB in the top 3-4 picks is a good idea. i dont care if your league starts 1rb and 5wr, take the rb. Positional scarcity people, thats what the entire basis of advanced FF theory is all about. Where dropoffs happen and how dramatic are they, thats all you need to know. Take the RB and there will be wrs for days that you can take the rest of your draft.

In no format, size, or any league of any kind would I say taking anything other than an RB in the top 3-4 picks is a good idea. i dont care if your league starts 1rb and 5wr, take the rb. Positional scarcity people, thats what the entire basis of advanced FF theory is all about. Where dropoffs happen and how dramatic are they, thats all you need to know. Take the RB and there will be wrs for days that you can take the rest of your draft.

Le'Veon. DeMarco. Foster. Forsett. Miller. Hill. CJ Anderson. Which ones of those guys were drafted in the majority of first rounds last season?

I'll give you a hint: 0

Now let's look at the receivers often taken early. Dez. Demaryius. Jordy. Julio. Cobb. And for as "bad" of a season AJ Green had, he still finished as a WR2.

The first round has been littered with RBs all the time. But it's not the only way to draft and be successful.

Foster was a first rounder in both of my standard leagues last season and one of the PPR leagues I was in a person with the 12 pick took Bell .

Cant pass up a top 5 rb if you have the chance to draft one. You will have wrs for days available but the rbs dry up fast. That guy in this thread is happy with Ingram and Ellington? GL. Take the RB that early and dont think twice.

I was having a similar debate on reddit with someone. He said hed rather have Julio/forsett over Lynch/Cobb. I had to point out that Lynch outscored forsett and Cobb outscored Julio, id wayyy rather have Lynch/Cobb. I know some would disagree but those people are simply not as smart about FF. That said, any combo could work out and FF is about 80% luck so it doesnt matter.

I'd take Julio/ Forsett this year but it's close

There are a scarce number of WRs who will catch 110+ balls, but assuming Lev AP go 1-2 I go Charles over Brown

So you're saying an RB there has better odds of finishing in the top 5 than Brown does? We all know that there are RBs drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds that finish towards the top. I'd rather get my WRs that have proven to finish at the top every year and then see if I get lucky with one of my RBs.

How does format not make a difference? In a 1 point PPR league that only needs to start one RB and can start four WRs, this makes a huge difference. Get your stud WRs early and all you need to do is get lucky with one of the five or so RBs you draft. Seems like a smart play to me.

Calvin johnson, aj green, brandon marshall were all near first round receivers that did not live up to their draft spot at all. There are no guarantees for anyone drafted besides a few qbs and maybe lynch.

Talking about top 10 rbs who can be had in rounds after the first, the problem is its not always easy to identify them. If it was easy, cj anderson, jeremy hill, demarco murray, and leveon bell would have gone in the 1st/2nd.

According to my projections, yeah no one cares about mine, going Charles and Alshon is going to net a larger ppg score than Brown and LMurray. Thats just looking at the first two rounds so maybe it evens out after that. Just my view point why its not so obvious either way.

If you only need to start 1 rb though, usually a team can find 1.

The problem is that when a top running back doesn't make the top 10, usually they don't make the top anything and have some horrible season. As I noted, AJ Green despite having a down year still finished as the last WR2. The inherent risk for taking one of the top receivers is nearly nonexistent compared to the projected top running backs.

For this exercise of futility, I'd rather take fliers at RB and hope I struck gold than abandon the position that's the scarcest.

Calvin johnson, aj green, brandon marshall were all near first round receivers that did not live up to their draft spot at all. There are no guarantees for anyone drafted besides a few qbs and maybe lynch.

According to my projections, yeah no one cares about mine, going Charles and Alshon is going to net a larger ppg score than Brown and LMurray.

Everyone needs to just read these 2 sentences until it sinks into your pea brains. Lynch and whatever wr falls to you in rnd 2 is better than Brown and whatever dice roll rb you take in rnd 2. The reason for this is solely because there are so many great wrs at the top tier this year. Note that this falls off after the first 4-5 rbs, after that feel free to take Brown. But top 3 picks is your last chance to get an rb that has any semblance of safety.

There is no format of fantasy football this season in which I take Lynch over Antonio Brown. Absolutely none.

There is no format of fantasy football this season in which I take Lynch over Antonio Brown. Absolutely none.

Pretty much everyone expects both these guys to roughly do what they did last year. With that said, you realize Lynch outscored Brown in standard scoring right? So are you saying there's no format where you would possibly want to take the guy who is going to outscore the other if they perform as expected?

Pretty much everyone expects both these guys to roughly do what they did last year. With that said, you realize Lynch outscored Brown in standard scoring right? So are you saying there's no format where you would possibly want to take the guy who is going to outscore the other if they perform as expected?

Lynch is 29 years old, has topped 310 touches each of his 4 years in Seattle, and the offensive line lost Unger and Carpenter. While Carpenter wasn't setting the world on fire necessarily, that's a nice chunk of the middle of the offensive line that's going to be a question of depth. Unger was a top-5 run blocking center according to PFF. Honestly I don't trust Lemuel Jeanpierre at center. Either way, Lynch is not absolved of some potential question marks this upcoming season.

Long story short. No, I still wouldn't take Lynch that high in a draft.

And even further more, as it relates to THIS thread, there is no way,shape,or form that I take Lynch above AB. Regardless of the scoring settings.

I got Brown with my first round pick. Followed by Foster. I got Evans and Morris after that with Ryan as my QB. Stuck with Ertz and Cameron. I'm not too big of a fan of that team

How many teams are in that league and is it a PPR ?

The problem is that when a top running back doesn't make the top 10, usually they don't make the top anything and have some horrible season. As I noted, AJ Green despite having a down year still finished as the last WR2. The inherent risk for taking one of the top receivers is nearly nonexistent compared to the projected top running backs.

For this exercise of futility, I'd rather take fliers at RB and hope I struck gold than abandon the position that's the scarcest.

According to fantasydata.com, 6 of the top 10 scoring rbs were drafted as a top 10 rb. 6 of the top 10 scoring wrs last year were drafted as a top 10 wr. Not sure how receivers are soooo much safer. This is standard scoring.

I'm not so sure there is a correct answer here. I don't think you can go wrong with Brown or the best RB available here. It's all going to depend on the rest of your draft and how you manage the team the rest of the year anyway. Just pick the player you like the most.