Sign in to follow this  
HenryHill9323

ABC Poll: 2/3 Want travel ban from Ebola countries.

Dr Drew has been going on various shows to state that Ebola can and has been spread through coughing and sneezing. And if you can't trust Dr. Death when it comes to issues of death, who can you trust? He's killed off most of those junkies that used to do his TV show.

Good thing the United States doesn't have massive networks of heavily traveled public transportation in most major cities that could infect the entire county in a very short amount of time. Good thing indeed.

The United Nations made a statement overnight, to paraphrase, Ebola has gotten beyond our control and God help us all.

You may not be suggesting a permanent or indefinite travel ban but the respondents to the poll in the OP was. So was RP until he started qualifying his statement on Page 2.

Put your hard on for me away for once you fukking loser. I never said anything about a permanent ban. I clearly stated in the OP to ban entry into the US from countries where ebola is running wild. You jumped to the asinine conclusion I was talking about a total travel ban forever.

Dumbfukk. Try to discuss the topic without attempting to score points for once.

Second nurse in Dallas has tested positive.

DALLAS – A second Texas nurse who treated Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan has become infected with the deadly disease, health officials announced early Wednesday.

Officials said the unidentified woman reported a fever on Tuesday and was immediately isolated at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

“Health officials have interviewed the latest patient to quickly identify any contacts or potential exposures, and those people will be monitored,” the Texas Department of State Health Services said in a written statement. “The type of monitoring depends on the nature of their interactions and the potential they were exposed to the virus.”

http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-diagnosed-in-second-dallas-nurse-105542930.html

Put your hard on for me away for once you fukking loser. I never said anything about a permanent ban. I clearly stated in the OP to ban entry into the US from countries where ebola is running wild. You jumped to the asinine conclusion I was talking about a total travel ban forever.

Dumbfukk. Try to discuss the topic without attempting to score points for once.

Tilt! :overhead:

Why is Obama sending our marines to fight a disease ?

Oh I forgot he hates the military.

My bad.

Pretty sad how bad your trolling has become.

And it's also coming out that the hospital was completely unprepared for dealing with an Ebola patient. It suggests more about preparedness than it does the contagiousness of the virus or that it's somehow getting worse.

I would guess very few are prepared. If cases start popping up around the country I don't think the CDC has an adequate plan. One case set them back on their heels.

I would guess very few are prepared. If cases start popping up around the country I don't think the CDC has an adequate plan. One case set them back on their heels.

I like your travel ban, except if they're aide workers or military, then 21 days with the option of faster re-entry for good behavior, and possibly other exceptions down the line policy.

That's the kind if clear unwavering leadership this country needs. :thumbsup:

Interesting that the lefties consider this a political issue and not a health and safety issue. I rarely watch the daily show but I assume Jon Stewart has come down on this.

Interesting that the lefties consider this a political issue and not a health and safety issue. I rarely watch the daily show but I assume Jon Stewart has come down on this.

Where are you getting that kind of idea? Pulling it out of your ass?

And the third that doesn't care would vote for Obama again if given the chance.

AIDS, Obama, Ebola...Africa is nothing but trouble. Can't we just burn the entire continent down to the ground and salt the earth? And maybe have some collateral napalm hit the Middle East? I simply don't have enough bullets to shoot 7 billion zombie walkers and Captain Ebola Tripps is giggling it's way across the globe.

Obola

Why is Obama sending our marines to fight a disease ?

Oh I forgot he hates the military.

My bad.

Yeah, these lefties sure are making it political.

:rolleyes:

That one should leave a mark.

Your buddies on the right have Obummer Tourette's and blame the president for everything.

Dumbass post

Redundant.

Every Timmy Smiff post is a dumbass post.

Which is why I've always believed he is an RP alias

2nd Ebola victim flew on Frontier from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday.

Looks like they have a lot of people to track down.

figures, just when the browns are finally looking good :(

2nd Ebola victim flew on Frontier from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday.

Looks like they have a lot of people to track down.

Why? According to our resident experts it's impossible to catch, especially in an airplane. I am amazed it exists at all.

Why? According to our resident experts it's impossible to catch, especially in an airplane. I am amazed it exists at all.

Nobody has actually claimed what you stated.

I love the overreaction and use of hyperbole and basic lies by the right on this site.

I love the overreaction and use of hyperbole and basic lies by the right on this site.

Timmy Smiff Pilot

Exactly. The CDC director is all over tv telling us it isn't airborne, but that same CDC is busy trying to track down everyone on that flight.

Seems contradictory to me.

I'll take lives in the moonbats heads, rent free for 2000 alex

I'll take drobeski isn't even trying anymore alex...daily double? ok, I will risk it all.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Given that Ebola isn't airborne, it relatively hard to get and people who've contracted it aren't contagious at all until they show symptoms a travel restriction seems like an overreaction.

They keep saying it isn't airborne.

How the fock are so many people getting it? Making out?

I'll take drobeski isn't even trying anymore alex...daily double? ok, I will risk it all.

trust me with you kids, there is no trying.

Fish in a barrel

trust me with you kids, there is no trying.

Fish in a barrel

Um...yeah, you haven't yet realized you are the fish yet. How cute.

Am I wrong? The deomocrats are taking it in the ass on this issue. Because as usual, their on the wrong side. The repubs couldn't ask for a better October suprise.

Am I wrong? The deomocrats are taking it in the ass on this issue. Because as usual, their on the wrong side. The repubs couldn't ask for a better October suprise.

As usual the Repubs are reacting to fear, politicizing the issue and rolling out the gay / anal secks imagery.

As usual the Repubs are reacting to fear, politicizing the issue and rolling out the gay / anal secks imagery.

I missed the ghey anal secks ebola imagery. Link?

Exactly. The CDC director is all over tv telling us it isn't airborne, but that same CDC is busy trying to track down everyone on that flight.

Seems contradictory to me.

This second nurse touched down in Dallas around 8 Monday night. By Tuesday morning her fever was high. It's an uncomfortable level of likely that she shed the virus during the flight. Palm sweat and touching a handle soon touched by another person, etc.

Definite :wall: at her for even flying. The first nurse knew she was in a group the CDC deemed low risk, and she self-monitored. She went in as soon as she had a low-grade fever. Clearly the risk assessment was wrong, so if you're a part of that group too..

This second nurse touched down in Dallas around 8 Monday night. By Tuesday morning her fever was high. It's an uncomfortable level of likely that she shed the virus during the flight. Palm sweat and touching a handle soon touched by another person, etc.

Definite :wall: at her for even flying. The first nurse knew she was in a group the CDC deemed low risk, and she self-monitored. She went in as soon as she had a low-grade fever. Clearly the risk assessment was wrong, so if you're a part of that group too..

RP doesn't understand true logic.

Like it does not have to be airborn for them to want to check those who may have come into contact with her.

I missed the ghey anal secks ebola imagery. Link?

Republicans are always taking about people swinging from nut sacks or taking it in the rear, seems to be on their minds a lot.

You said the third of people who don't favor travel restrictions would vote for Obama "again". How the fock do you make that leap besides being a hack and an idiot?

If you read the poll numbers, the poor and uneducated, the very groups Republicans accuse Democrats of pandering to, are far more frightened of catching Ebola than any other group.

And the Democrats are only getting killed in Republican op-ed pieces on this issue.

Do you know the funding from the NIH has declined from 2001 until today, with a small bump around 2008 when Obama took over? At this point, they are funding about half of what they did 15 years ago, with the sharpest decline coming during a Republican administration.

So explain again how it's a Democrat problem that a hospital didn't follow protocol and a couple of nurses got infected, or that they turned the guy away when he started exhibiting symptoms? Or that funding for all research has been slashed in half over the last 13 years, with a Republican administrtaion doing most of the cutting?

There's no point to venture into who's more to blame politically/more selfishly opportunistic. Is anyone here going to actually be swayed by anyone else? Don't think so.

Statement by RN's at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital

The report of their handling is actually a lot worse than expected.

Lab specimens from Mr. Duncan were sent through the hospital tube system without being specially sealed and hand delivered. The result is that the entire tube system by which all lab specimens are sent was potentially contaminated.

There was no advance preparedness on what to do with the patient, there was no protocol, there was no system. The nurses were asked to call the Infectious Disease Department. The Infectious Disease Department did not have clear policies to provide either.

Nurses had to interact with Mr. Duncan with whatever protective equipment was available, at a time when he had copious amounts of diarrhea and vomiting which produces a lot of contagious fluids.

Hospital officials allowed nurses who had interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue normal patient care duties, taking care of other patients, even though they had not had the proper personal protective equipment while caring for Mr. Duncan.

RP doesn't understand true logic.

Like it does not have to be airborn for them to want to check those who may have come into contact with her.

True logic would have been banning HER from flying for a while. You know, kind of what this thread is all about.

You may not be suggesting a permanent or indefinite travel ban but the respondents to the poll in the OP was. So was RP until he started qualifying his statement on Page 2.

I'm not taking it lightly or suggesting the mortality rate is "inconsequential" - that is what's known as a straw man argument. I am saying it is highly unlikely to reach epidemic levels in the US. If Ebola were airborne there would be far more than 7,000 cases mostly confined to poor villages with bad sanitation and healthcare.

Ebola is this year's avian flu. The media will move on to other things to panic about in a few months.

You are poo-pooing one of the most deadly infections known to man. Scratch that, two of them, as avian flu is pretty terrible as well.

I don't think Ebola will overrun the U.S. either. But until we understand more about it, we should be extremely careful from a public health standpoint, in the unlikely event that we're both wrong.

You are poo-pooing one of the most deadly infections known to man. Scratch that, two of them, as avian flu is pretty terrible as well.

I don't think Ebola will overrun the U.S. either. But until we understand more about it, we should be extremely careful from a public health standpoint, in the unlikely event that we're both wrong.

Especially when you factor in that the cdc apparently has no idea how to handle this. Just last week the director was telling us any hospital in the US could handle Ebola cases.

Especially when you factor in that the cdc apparently has no idea how to handle this. Just last week the director was telling us any hospital in the US could handle Ebola cases.

Most hospitals will be unprepared, but this will get them prepared.

We didn't think it would happen here, it has, and the hospital systems here will respond.