Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

TEs not named Gronk

I'm going to bump this thread and again urge folks to draft Clive Walford as your TE2. This kid is going to be a legit weapon for Derek Carr, in an offense which should be on the field a lot more in 2016.

Walford goes 6-4 250 with 4.79 wheels and a 35 inch vertical leap. Handpicked by Reggie McKenzie this kid was the alltime leader at The U in tight end production, a school which gave us Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olsen, Kellen Winslow II, and Bubba Franks.

Walford started slow his rookie year, as most tight ends are want to do. But from Week 9 on he drew 39 targets (26 in his last 5 games), finishing the year with 329 yards for three TDs. He dropped only one of his 50 targets, and in fact didn't drop a pass his entire time at the U.

He'll be a viable field stretcher and red zone threat, with a shot to match the 60/800/5 line that Travis Kelce put up his second year. Grab him late as your TE2, you heard it here first.

I've paired him and Gronk in a lot of MFL10s. I'm doing a satellite (also best ball) in the Scott Fish Bowl and I took that pairing there as well since it's TE premium.

Walford outsnapped Rivera last season (41.4% to 37.9%) and as you mentioned, I would expect that number to significantly increase this year.

I've paired him and Gronk in a lot of MFL10s. I'm doing a satellite (also best ball) in the Scott Fish Bowl and I took that pairing there as well since it's TE premium.

Walford outsnapped Rivera last season (41.4% to 37.9%) and as you mentioned, I would expect that number to significantly increase this year.

Trust me it will, Rivera already on the block.

Trust me it will, Rivera already on the block.

Slightly disappointing. I always enjoyed the camera panning to his sister when he'd do something worthwhile...

I'm not high on any TE's this year. I expect Bennett to get some targets that would have gone to Gronk, and this is about the time I would expect Gronk to suffer an injury.

Olsen should have fewer targets with Benjamin back.

I just don't expect Reed to duplicate those numbers.

Eifert isn't healthy.

Barnidge season last year was a fluke.

Gates is a dinosaur.

I'd maybe target Kelce if I had to.

Fleener .

Consistency amount tight ends year after year is very hard to find. You just have to hope you find "the" guy, which is not easy.

If I can't get Gronk:

Olsen

kelce

If neither of those I will wait and grab a couple flyers

Fleener

ertz

I'm starting to warm on Reed. Same coach, same system, same QB. He was very productive in 14 games last year.

I like Wahlfords upside also

And as a 49ers fan watching wistfully, impressed w Raiders' last several drafts

Give me Delanie Walker as the no 2 TE if I can get him around the 7/8 rounds. If not I'll take Ben Watson with a side of Walford in the teen rounds

Lets shake the tree

2 WRS and 1 RB first 3 picks

Palmer and Big Ben round 4 and 5

Jordan Reed and Eifert rounds 6 and 7

Stash RBs rest of the way with 1 receiver and kicker and defense

Lets shake the tree

2 WRS and 1 RB first 3 picks

Palmer and Big Ben round 4 and 5

Jordan Reed and Eifert rounds 6 and 7

Stash RBs rest of the way with 1 receiver and kicker and defense

So Reed is falling to the 6th? This strategy is pretty stupid.

So Reed is falling to the 6th? This strategy is pretty stupid.

Make you feel better if I said Fleener instead of Reed ? I fell into Reed last year at the end of 1 draft, now you argue for 6th round lol

Make you feel better if I said Fleener instead of Reed ? I fell into Reed last year at the end of 1 draft, now you argue for 6th round lol

I drafted David Johnson in the last rounds of my draft. Now he is a first rounder. Value can change dramatically from year to year... it's not a rare occurence.

I drafted David Johnson in the last rounds of my draft. Now he is a first rounder. Value can change dramatically from year to year... it's not a rare occurence.

Were discussing an injury prone player in the 6th over a name player like Olsen and Kelce for a TE, but your right I should of checked fantasy football todays projections so I knew what u thought. Either way I can have you seeing red on draft day because I know players after the third round aren't studs and ill have plenty left to pick from in the 8th round while you are fumbling catching up with me.

Were discussing an injury prone player in the 6th over a name player like Olsen and Kelce for a TE, but your right I should of checked fantasy football todays projections so I knew what u thought. Either way I can have you seeing red on draft day because I know players after the third round aren't studs and ill have plenty left to pick from in the 8th round while you are fumbling catching up with me.

Uh... I'm not in any of your leagues :doh: