Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Question for those in any kind of keeper league?

Long story short our league voted to have a 2 player keeper league (personally I voted against it) where an owner can keep a player drafted in rounds 4-21 but it counts 3 rounds up in the next year's draft.We also have a rule where if a player is picked up mid-season you can keep that player as one of your two and he counts as an 8th round pick.Lastly,we have no IR,so if a player is dropped with a season ending injury he can be picked up and count as an 8th round pick next season.

So for the question,do you guys have an IR and if so how many slots etc?

This is my first go round being commish of a keeper format and I'm not liking it without there being an IR slot(s).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

You can make the rule and set the rule that it's dependent on the round the player was drafted in so that even if they're cut and picked up i'ts based on round drafted, not a default 8th round b/c they were dropped. That's how our keeper league works (ESPN), no IR, although it's an auction league so it's based on pretend dollars bid when we draft. I tried to do this with AJ Green. I traded for him, he got hurt, I cut him and picked him back up, and ESPN was going to let me keep him for this year for $1 out of $1,000 but our commish adjusted the ESPN settings to match our rules so he would have been $196 for me to keep him, so I didn't keep him.

• Like 1

We have similar rules and 2 years limit on keepers. I try to snipe players at the end of the season if possible, but usually nothing really good, even IR players.

For example, David Johnson would of been high draft or kept for 2 years already.

Add on: All the rookies will starting to get draft higher for keeper value, definite be bold and take who you want early, do not wait too long for better keeper value.

• Like 1

We have three IR slots. And we don't go just by the league's official IR designation--anyone who doesn't play or gets handed the official Out tag can go on IR, and they can stay there until they play. Then they must be added back to your team or dropped before the next game.

We also don't limit keepers. It's a keep 5, no more than 2 from any position, keep them as long as you want, no draft penalties.

• Like 1

Also, we can only keep up to 3 players, only for one year, and can not keep more than one at the same position.

Long story short our league voted to have a 2 player keeper league (personally I voted against it) where an owner can keep a player drafted in rounds 4-21 but it counts 3 rounds up in the next year's draft.We also have a rule where if a player is picked up mid-season you can keep that player as one of your two and he counts as an 8th round pick.Lastly,we have no IR,so if a player is dropped with a season ending injury he can be picked up and count as an 8th round pick next season.

So for the question,do you guys have an IR and if so how many slots etc?

This is my first go round being commish of a keeper format and I'm not liking it without there being an IR slot(s).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

how many player do you start?

Our league is pretty similar. 3 keepers, 2 rds ahead of the previous years draft. Free agent/ww pickups are a 5th rd pick the next year.

As far as injured players that are dropped and picked back up. We had a few guys try the exploit, and it's been a mixed bag. But we also fixed that loophole. Any player drafted in the 1st 6 rounds who is dropped, maintains the round they were drafted in. And I'm glad we did it, because we only have 1 ir spot.

• Like 1

No IR spot. 2 Keepers. One has to be from rounds 2-5 from year before and one from 6th round on, including free agents. There is a 1 round penalty (that's why 1st rounders are not eligible). For the 6th rounders/free agents, cost you a 5th rounder. Almost everyone keeps a 5th rounder, but the other one is not as certain.

• Like 1

We have an IR slot, but our rule is that the player has to have been on your roster when he got hurt to be eligible for IR. That way you can't just pick up an injured player and stash him away there. A pickup of a hurt player burns a bench spot.

• Like 2

We have an IR slot, but our rule is that the player has to have been on your roster when he got hurt to be eligible for IR. That way you can't just pick up an injured player and stash him away there. A pickup of a hurt player burns a bench spot.

Our league allows that...and I make use of it all the time :) Not judging, there are good reasons to go your way too. Just preference.